Are god's thoughts connected to stuff that is powerful ?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
23-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Are god's thoughts connected to stuff that is powerful ?
First off I have no idea what a powerful thought is or how a powerful thought can create anything.
What I do know from human experience is that we can, at this stage of technology, use our thoughts to control certain machines that monitor our thoughts for changes.

For instance, if we have a machine that is linked to our nuclear arsenal so that when I think of dorritos, a launch code will begin and the world destroyed, then does that make my mind powerful ?

Is this power ? Kinda, but it's not the kind of power that christians think of when they talk about god. They seem to see god as the container of power as if he is a larger battery that is conscious and can zap people. But still even in that scenario, it's the battery zapping people controlled by a thought. Is that power ? Kinda

It seems to me that thoughts are thoughts. There is no power behind them, but they can be connected to powerful things.

If all of gods power is merely a connection to stuff that can do stuff then I can be a god. I have thoughts. My thoughts are no different.
Perhaps MUCH more moral, but still not all that different.

They see god as a reflection of what they can do.
I can think therefore my god must be able to think.
I can move stuff by using my thoughts to move my arm and then my arm moves the stuff.
Therefore god has these godly arms that he moves stuff with, but it's not like our arms because they're really really really powerful.

So this all comes down to a question of...... is power defined as what your thoughts can control ? Because it would seem that's all we have.....just thoughts.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Are god's thoughts connected to stuff that is powerful ?
Assuming he exists... if he's anything like they say, then he's only interested in petty, trivial things like sex, masturbation, haircuts, clothing etc.

He spends too much of his time on "Wanker Patrol" to do anything important.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
24-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Well thoughts in a human brain are just signals traveling along some things in your brain on a certain path.
Little electric signal things. (I'm no brain expert here). I assume these machines just pick up on these little pulses of energy.

You could have an argument I suppose for certain forces (ie: weak/strong force) in the universe being some form of God.
What you have to remember though is that the Christian god for example is a human look alike man who resides on the clouds.

When you get into the world of changing the definition of what a God is then you move away from what the major religions say God is.
Which is more plausible if you ask me and completely valid to theories in some cases. BUT it's still moving away from what the major religions say God is which then brings up the question, can you really call it 'God'?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
24-08-2013, 08:48 AM
I just thought I'd chime in and offer a different perspective, because this materialistic view is already very clear.

In the pantheistic universe, energy is consciousness and we know that all thinking is energy too. In your mind you can create and move things out of this energy, and maybe the whole universe is such a creation.

If the universe is like a brain of God, then life in all these galaxies are God's dreams, God's thoughts, God's impulses moving alongside neurons. And you know dreams can sometimes be ugly and unreal and we shouldn't believe in all that we think.
As above, so below, Hermes Trismegistos said. Good job, man.
[Image: neuron-galaxy.jpg]
24-08-2013, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2013 01:59 PM by Stevil.)
(23-08-2013 07:24 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So this all comes down to a question of...... is power defined as what your thoughts can control ? Because it would seem that's all we have.....just thoughts.
This is the free will argument.
Are your thoughts "unconstrained" controlling the electo-chemical activity in your brain.
OR is the electro-chemical activity in your brain controlling your thoughts?

If the later then you are merely a "conscious" observer with no power at all.
If the prior then you are a god with the power the tools at your disposal give you.