Are happy christians beyond creepy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Are happy christians beyond creepy?
This is something I've been having to ask myself allot.

These christians who actually do say things like
"Being gay is a sin and gays should be struck down into hell, but I don't hate them because it's wrong to hate Smile"
"You can try disprove my beliefs, but you only do so because you are full of hate. Why don't you calm down? Smile"
"hehe you're funny. I always imagined that Satan's servants would be more frightening to look at. Don't worry though, I love you and God loves you."

It's like WTF for me. I can't even think of anything good to say more about this.

Shiiiit.

So debate away or give quotes or something k?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 08:18 AM
RE: Are happy christians beyond creepy?
They are quite creepy, yes.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
11-11-2010, 12:29 PM

(11-11-2010 03:03 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  "hehe you're funny. I always imagined that Satan's servants would be more frightening to look at. Don't worry though, I love you and God loves you."\

Have you honestly heard that?!?!?!? What the hell...... I swear the hypocrisy that comes out of some of these religious people are astounding.
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 12:57 PM
(11-11-2010 12:29 PM)malikai Wrote:  
(11-11-2010 03:03 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  "hehe you're funny. I always imagined that Satan's servants would be more frightening to look at. Don't worry though, I love you and God loves you."\

Have you honestly heard that?!?!?!?

I don't doubt it. I have, and I'm not even in a fundie neighborhood.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
11-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I got in a coffee shop once while I was having a discussion with a creationist. It honestly was about the best thing that could have happened because the moment the guy walked away the creationist began to see what I meant by making assumptions about others.

That creationist is now an atheist. In the closet but we have tons of great discussions about why Christianity is wrong and on and on. Sometimes when people say things like this just when you have made your point it really does help to drive it home.

We should always in a way welcome such comments as they make our point for us that religion is full of assumptions about reality that in no way pan out.
16-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah they are pretty creepy. The fundies at my campus think they know everything, and say that I am wrong. We atheist are right, and we are the only ones with any evidence.
16-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I saw a hate message on a friend's youtube atheist channel, the message is in spanish but I roughly translated it; "Nice channel, I see that is full of happy faggots and lesbians because no God will punish them, If you keep it that way you will become a gay-lesbian activist. If you are going to be atheists, then be atheists, dont be faggots and lesbians disguised as scientists and thinking persons..." When I saw this I LOL'D so hard, If you want to see the video response, here it is; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndXKpPKXchM
Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2010, 06:21 PM
one of my friends said this once when I was trying to explain a dumbed down M-theory and he said something along the lines of.
"well if the universe could be created like that than maybe science made god too Big Grin, and than god took control of that science to make the science of our universe so that it could exist Big Grin"

my response was something to the effect of
"... uhh.... what?..."

so the conversation ended immediately after when he said
"don't worry doug, if you ever start to break down than jesus will appear to you and he'll show you heaven before you die. then you'll believe like I do" and walked off...

uhhm.... HUH???! WTF JUST HAPPENED?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
16-11-2010, 07:02 PM

They're not happy. They're smugly arrogant and bigoted.

(11-11-2010 03:03 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  This is something I've been having to ask myself allot.

These christians who actually do say things like
"Being gay is a sin and gays should be struck down into hell, but I don't hate them because it's wrong to hate Smile"
"Really? Oh my goodness, then you should speak to your God about creating gays, so as to later send them to the hell he created first. " (open eyes wide, bat lashes and smile) (Their possible rebuttal.) "But it's a choice, God didn't do that!" (retort) "Oh? Well then dear,how old were you when you chose to be straight? And have you ever considered the Jesus story? A grown man hanging around with 12 men and when he was arrested Jesus was in the company of a naked young man at night! Sounds gay to me. Perhaps you should pray about it. " (Smile and wink)

Quote:"You can try disprove my beliefs, but you only do so because you are full of hate. Why don't you calm down? Smile"
My dear, I would never try to disprove you have every right to believe you need to be saved from the god that created you a damned sinner. I believe you deserve to live up to your expectations. God bless. <That part really whacks Theists when they know you're an atheist wishing them God's blessing.

Quote:"hehe you're funny. I always imagined that Satan's servants would be more frightening to look at. Don't worry though, I love you and God loves you."
You're funnier, worshiping the God you ask to be saved from, else he'll send you to live with the Devil he created in the hell he created too, just because he made you imperfect and then judges you for your mistakes. You have my deepest sympathies. God bless. (Smile as if you pity them while shaking your head and walking away)

Quote:It's like WTF for me. I can't even think of anything good to say more about this.
Look at it this way, you're smarter than falling for Christianity, while sheep are naturally stupid animals and are thus used as an apt metaphor to refer to that what was first known as, the religion of the slaves!
Don't let them get to you. They have to live the example of what ignorance looks like when it's smug, and when they die they're the one's that are going to be very very surprised. Angel What? No pearly gates?! A true, WTF! moment indeed.
Quote this message in a reply