Are left wing politicians and liberals in love with Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 01:32 PM
I am starting to wonder, if you see what has happend to "Great Britain".
They don't do anything about the problem. Sharia court, really?
What is your view?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlro921FXkU
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Are left wing politicians and liberals in love with Islam
(06-11-2013 01:32 PM)Chazz Wrote:  I am starting to wonder, if you see what has happend to "Great Britain".
What is your view?

I'm on the Left and I've encountered exactly what you're talking about. In the political circles I inhabit it's perfectly acceptable to slag the Christians off for, say, homophobic twaddle but comrades get all twitchy and sotto voce when you direct similar opprobrium at the rug-kissers.

I think there's a tendency for many on the Left to avoid criticism of Islam because, and let's be honest here, it's a religion of brown people.

And nobody wants to be called a racist.

The problem with this, of course, is that when we avoid our responsibility to make appropriate criticisms of Islam that space is filled with fulminations of swivel-eyed lunatics from the Right. In the case of the UK I think it's the EDL, the BNP and the always entertaining UKIP.

Here in Oz our nasties are still largely confined to the major conservative parties but the minor parties of the loony Right are on the march.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
[+] 5 users Like nooneofconsequence's post
06-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Annoying christians doesn't get suicide bombers at your front door.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-11-2013, 01:53 PM
(06-11-2013 01:48 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Annoying christians doesn't get suicide bombers at your front door.

Troo dat. There is certainly a greater propensity for offence taken by some muslim to translate into violence but I think that's a lesser concern here (Oz) than in India or Pakistan.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
06-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Give some examples of how left wing and liberals are in love with islam.

Being against waging a war of aggression against Iraq? Being against a war in Iran?

Being against apartheid (Israel).

Are you referring to these views as "loving Islam"?

And what left wing politicians? There are none in the U.S. and the left wing politicians and their political parties were all killed and driven underground in the middle east with help from the west, to "fight communism". Are you referring to left wingers in the middle east who are tortured and beaten as being in love with Islam?
06-11-2013, 02:19 PM
I would consider myself left, but I have no tolerance for religious bullshit if it conflicts with human rights
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
06-11-2013, 02:54 PM
(06-11-2013 01:32 PM)Chazz Wrote:  I am starting to wonder, if you see what has happend to "Great Britain".
What is your view?

What happened to Great Brittain?
Who did not do what about which problem?
Sharia court what?
My view about what?
06-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Sorry, I do not see at all that the left is defending Islam.
Can anyone give some examples so that we have something to discuss?
[+] 1 user Likes black_squirrel's post
06-11-2013, 10:09 PM
I don't see it in Canada. When some Muslims petitioned for separate courts for civil matters, every political party and prominent Muslim association basically said "Oh no you don't, bitch!" And when it came to face coverings during citizenship tests, voting, and courts, the matter was resolved in favour of uncovering your face, because... we need to see your face. The leftist parties were happy about that one too. And when a man was accused of planning terrorist attacks and wanted to be judged by the Quran, he couldn't even find a lawyer. The idea of equal treatment by equal laws is important here, from what I've seen.

My country is pretty big on the no regressing rights and freedoms for the sake of religion thing - even the Conservatives (minus the minority who support abortion bans and whatnot) - and I'm happy about that. Islam doesn't have a special place in politics. It gets the same treatment as other religions, but is viewed with suspicion because, well... the last 12 years happened. The whole attack the capital and behead members of parliament thing certainly didn't help the expansion of Islamic influence. Leftists might defend Muslims in the case of discrimination, but they're not throwing support behind violence or Islam.

The only special treatment Islam gets is that TV networks are afraid to depict Muhammed.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
06-11-2013, 11:11 PM
(06-11-2013 10:09 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  I don't see it in Canada. When some Muslims petitioned for separate courts for civil matters, every political party and prominent Muslim association basically said "Oh no you don't, bitch!" And when it came to face coverings during citizenship tests, voting, and courts, the matter was resolved in favour of uncovering your face, because... we need to see your face. The leftist parties were happy about that one too. And when a man was accused of planning terrorist attacks and wanted to be judged by the Quran, he couldn't even find a lawyer. The idea of equal treatment by equal laws is important here, from what I've seen.

My country is pretty big on the no regressing rights and freedoms for the sake of religion thing - even the Conservatives (minus the minority who support abortion bans and whatnot) - and I'm happy about that. Islam doesn't have a special place in politics. It gets the same treatment as other religions, but is viewed with suspicion because, well... the last 12 years happened. The whole attack the capital and behead members of parliament thing certainly didn't help the expansion of Islamic influence. Leftists might defend Muslims in the case of discrimination, but they're not throwing support behind violence or Islam.

The only special treatment Islam gets is that TV networks are afraid to depict Muhammed.

Since nobody knows what he looked like that kind of makes it hard to depict what he looked like.