Are left wing politicians and liberals in love with Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 02:28 AM
RE: Are left wing politicians and liberals in love with Islam
Which is irrelevant. All that matters is that you make a character who is supposed to be the prophet Muhammed. Then some idiot will send a threat to the TV network and the network will refuse to air the episode.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 02:58 AM
(06-11-2013 01:45 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  I'm on the Left and I've encountered exactly what you're talking about. In the political circles I inhabit it's perfectly acceptable to slag the Christians off for, say, homophobic twaddle but comrades get all twitchy and sotto voce when you direct similar opprobrium at the rug-kissers.

-- Max
"Rug-Kissers" is an outstanding term. Lesbians, and men who love performing oral sex on women can agree with the Muslims on something.Tongue

I wonder how it would go over in the US?
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
07-11-2013, 04:55 AM
Re: Are left wing politicians and liberals in love with Islam
Yes, it's a wild love and infatuation mr sockpuppet.

The reality, is a very overhanging desire to say all ideas are equal ground in liberal movements. Which is why new age nonsense gets grown and spread prominently, and refusal to stand against atrocities becomes common since... It's their faith, "Everyone has their faith" (says the studying Wicca shaman)

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Consider
The UK is already a theocracy.

Why should it not be an islamic theocracy?
Blink

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm,
... this England,
Is now leased out, I die pronouncing it,
Like to a tenement or pelting farm:
England, bound in with the triumphant sea
Whose rocky shore beats back the envious siege
Of watery Neptune, is now bound in with shame,
With inky blots and rotten parchment bonds:
That England, that was wont to conquer others,
Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
Ah, would the scandal vanish with my life,
How happy then were my ensuing death!

Weeping

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
07-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Another feature (in my experience) of the Left down here is strong support for Palestine and Palestinians and a ferociously anti-Israel attitude. In fact it's one of the defining differences between Left and Right here. I imagine it's the same elsewhere.

(And yes I know that not all Palestinians/Arabs are muslims but y'know Arab christians/Arab muslims -- they all piss in the same pot.)

Granted this is probably due in part to an undercurrent of generalised anti-semitism that flows through left discourse but that can't explain all of it.

I mean, why should Australians give a shit about some internecine squabble amongst the tribes of the Levant? What makes this particular bought of 1000+ year old hair-pulling an issue of such import here in the southern hemisphere? I mean surely there's enough oppression in our near neighbourhood (Indonesia, Burma, Malaysia, Indigenous Australians etc.) to occupy our attention?

Sure those things get a run at ranty, patchouli-scented student demos outside Sydney Town Hall but the Palestinian clusterfuck really makes cunts freak out.

After some pondering, I've concluded that it's probably got more to do with Leftist concerns about the US. Israel is seen as the most tangible product of American post war "imperialism" (for want of a better word) and is to be struggled against accordingly.

Y'know BDS, aid flotillas to Gaza and all that other stuff. So I conclude that the hard-on my fellow lefties have for Palestine is largely a "my enemy's enemy is my friend" type thing.

Or something like that. It's still early here. Undecided

I should add it's not my intention to divert this otherwise stimulating exchange into yet another interminable back-and-forth about the Yids versus the Camel Fuckers.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
[+] 1 user Likes nooneofconsequence's post
07-11-2013, 02:10 PM
(07-11-2013 01:51 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  Another feature (in my experience) of the Left down here is strong support for Palestine and Palestinians and a ferociously anti-Israel attitude. In fact it's one of the defining differences between Left and Right here. I imagine it's the same elsewhere.

(And yes I know that not all Palestinians/Arabs are muslims but y'know Arab christians/Arab muslims -- they all piss in the same pot.)

Granted this is probably due in part to an undercurrent of generalised anti-semitism that flows through left discourse but that can't explain all of it.

I mean, why should Australians give a shit about some internecine squabble amongst the tribes of the Levant? What makes this particular bought of 1000+ year old hair-pulling an issue of such import here in the southern hemisphere? I mean surely there's enough oppression in our near neighbourhood (Indonesia, Burma, Malaysia, Indigenous Australians etc.) to occupy our attention?

Sure those things get a run at ranty, patchouli-scented student demos outside Sydney Town Hall but the Palestinian clusterfuck really makes cunts freak out.

After some pondering, I've concluded that it's probably got more to do with Leftist concerns about the US. Israel is seen as the most tangible product of American post war "imperialism" (for want of a better word) and is to be struggled against accordingly.

Y'know BDS, aid flotillas to Gaza and all that other stuff. So I conclude that the hard-on my fellow lefties have for Palestine is largely a "my enemy's enemy is my friend" type thing.

Or something like that. It's still early here. Undecided

I should add it's not my intention to divert this otherwise stimulating exchange into yet another interminable back-and-forth about the Yids versus the Camel Fuckers.

-- Max

The "left" in the past had a hardon for the civil rights movement and the ant-apartheid movement in South Africa. Judging from those patterns, the hate for fascist pricks is the reason why those past hardons and the current hardon for helping Palestinians exist. I see no reason for not hating a racist fascist extremely oppressive Israel. Tell me a reason why I shouldn't hate such a government.

The left doesn't love Muslims any more than they loved black South Africans, it's about hating oppressive racist fascist social systems.

What is odd, is that a person actually questions some group for not liking a racist fascist oppressive system as if it's an odd position to take.
07-11-2013, 02:16 PM
(06-11-2013 01:48 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Annoying christians doesn't get suicide bombers at your front door.

Annoying Christians gets an occupation and an invasion. The fascist racist torture supporting Jew ( yes he admits he Is not an atheist) monkey known as Sam Harris doesn't count military weapons and their use as violence.

Question: why do atheists love a right wing murder and torture supporting religious guy? Sam Harris
07-11-2013, 02:29 PM
(07-11-2013 02:16 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 01:48 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Annoying christians doesn't get suicide bombers at your front door.

The fascist racist torture supporting Jew ( yes he admits he Is not an atheist) monkey known as Sam Harris doesn't count military weapons and their use as violence.

If you have a source for this silly statement, I'd like to see it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-11-2013, 04:36 PM
(07-11-2013 02:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 02:16 PM)I and I Wrote:  The fascist racist torture supporting Jew ( yes he admits he Is not an atheist) monkey known as Sam Harris doesn't count military weapons and their use as violence.

If you have a source for this silly statement, I'd like to see it.

http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/...th-atheism

This is a speech that I have seen online but could only find the transcript here.

At the beginning he attacks christian beliefs, no problem there but still, not evidence that one is an atheist.

He then goes on to say that he never considered himself an atheist, then he proceeds to propose that atheists not call themselves atheists or any other term associated with atheists. This of course would make them less visible and less known as an alternative from religious belief.

The guy is not an atheist, he also supports U.S. and Israeili oppression and mass murder. I can provide evidence for this as well if needed.
07-11-2013, 04:48 PM
(07-11-2013 04:36 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 02:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you have a source for this silly statement, I'd like to see it.

http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/...th-atheism

This is a speech that I have seen online but could only find the transcript here.

At the beginning he attacks christian beliefs, no problem there but still, not evidence that one is an atheist.

He then goes on to say that he never considered himself an atheist, then he proceeds to propose that atheists not call themselves atheists or any other term associated with atheists. This of course would make them less visible and less known as an alternative from religious belief.

The guy is not an atheist, he also supports U.S. and Israeili oppression and mass murder. I can provide evidence for this as well if needed.

It is clear that he has no belief in any gods, he simply rejects the term 'atheist'.

"My concern with the use of the term “atheism” is both philosophical and strategic. I’m speaking from a somewhat unusual and perhaps paradoxical position because, while I am now one of the public voices of atheism, I never thought of myself as an atheist before being inducted to speak as one. I didn’t even use the term in The End of Faith, which remains my most substantial criticism of religion. And, as I argued briefly in Letter to a Christian Nation, I think that “atheist” is a term that we do not need, in the same way that we don’t need a word for someone who rejects astrology. We simply do not call people “non-astrologers.” All we need are words like “reason” and “evidence” and “common sense” and “bullshit” to put astrologers in their place, and so it could be with religion."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post