Are most Atheists "Thinkers" due to their personality type?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 09:30 AM by Dark Light.)
Lightbulb Are most Atheists "Thinkers" due to their personality type?
I am curious, do you think that Atheists, and similar folks like Atheist Agnostics, and Agnostics non-believers because of their personality type? I have meet plenty of intelligent Theists in my day, and personally do not believe that intelligence is the cause of our non-belief. Of course it can be at least partially attributed to environmental factors at least part of the time, but I am curious if there is a trend for our personalities. Of course all personality tests are flawed in some way, as are all of the social sciences, but I have found a pretty good one www.personalitytest.net based on the "International Personality Item Pool Representation of the NEO PI-R".There are more in-depth ones out there, but they usually cost money, this one is completely free. I would appreciate it of you would take it and post your religious belief, or non-belief type, and your personality type based on the results of the test. The more data available, the more accurate this will be.

If my suspicions are correct, it may explain why such a small portion of our worlds population are non-believers, and why so many are Theists (some personality types are much more common than others.

I will start by saying I am an Atheist. My personality type is INTJ
INTJ Personality Type Description

Here is a direct link to the test!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: Are most Atheists "Thinkers" due to their personality type?
Oh my Buddha!

Yet another INTJ!

This is just getting absurd.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Perhaps we can state the hypothesis that the more cusious the child the more prone to rejecting religious dogma.

The higher the need for socal relationships the more prone to accept religion (the beliefs of the group) because of the social connections.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
13-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Hmmmm.

All I see is a test with a bunch of questions containing false dichotomies.
[+] 1 user Likes Superluminal's post
13-09-2012, 09:44 PM
INTJ here also... one thing caught my eye, in the career list is this one "intellectual properties attorney" precisely what I'm trying to specialize in Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
13-09-2012, 09:50 PM
INFJ. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
13-09-2012, 09:54 PM
My good friend took a religions of the world course at the University in my city and it was understood that people with sensitive emotions tend to be believers and that there is a higher male ratio for Atheism for this reason.

Having said that, I am an extremely emotional touchy-feely empathetic person to the point I based a career out of it. So, not sure where the Atheism comes in, Atheism is so cold hearted and non-feeling. (sarcasm)

I'm not the biggest fan of personality type quizzes and theories. Something about fitting into boxes and feeling claustrophobic. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
13-09-2012, 09:56 PM
(13-09-2012 09:54 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  My good friend took a religions of the world course at the University in my city and it was understood that people with sensitive emotions tend to be believers and that there is a higher male ratio for Atheism for this reason.

Having said that, I am an extremely emotional touchy-feely empathetic person to the point I based a career out of it. So, not sure where the Atheism comes in, Atheism is so cold hearted and non-feeling. (sarcasm)

I'm not the biggest fan of personality type quizzes and theories. Something about fitting into boxes and feeling claustrophobic. Wink

I get that: INFJ is the smallest personality percent in this test. Less than 1%. Pretty small box!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-09-2012, 10:08 PM
What am I supposed to see or do with those links? I think I'm doing something wrong.
13-09-2012, 10:22 PM
I got ISTJ. Not sure what to think of that...