Are most Atheists "Thinkers" due to their personality type?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2012 10:46 PM by Dark Light.)
RE: Are most Atheists "Thinkers" due to their personality type?
LadyJane,

I added a direct link to the test just for you on the original post.

hmm...I find it interesting that thus far, we have all gotten I(ntroverted) and J(udging). Not only that, 4 of 5 so far have gotten types that comprise 1% or less of the population. Keep the data coming...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2012, 10:55 PM
(13-09-2012 09:56 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 09:54 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  My good friend took a religions of the world course at the University in my city and it was understood that people with sensitive emotions tend to be believers and that there is a higher male ratio for Atheism for this reason.

Having said that, I am an extremely emotional touchy-feely empathetic person to the point I based a career out of it. So, not sure where the Atheism comes in, Atheism is so cold hearted and non-feeling. (sarcasm)

I'm not the biggest fan of personality type quizzes and theories. Something about fitting into boxes and feeling claustrophobic. Wink

I get that: INFJ is the smallest personality percent in this test. Less than 1%. Pretty small box!

Well, wha-dya-know, I am INFJ. Box just got much more squishy!

(13-09-2012 10:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  LadyJane,

I added a direct link to the test just for you on the original post.

Thanks, that helped. So tired I can't see straight, should probably be in bed.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
14-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Domain/Facet........... Score

Extraversion...............46

Friendliness.............40

Gregariousness...........19

Assertiveness............94

Activity Level...........84

Excitement-Seeking.......46

Cheerfulness.............6

These are my results to the full test. I am a pretty complex person, however I do think it was pretty accurate.
14-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Just for fun, I took the long version. Found it more difficult as more questions were flawed. For example, it asked if I voted for liberal candidates and I put Very Accurate, and it asked if I voted for Conservative candidates, and I also answered Very Accurate. (True) Conservative candidates in America are very Liberal. I am a Libertarian. Urggh...anyway, Birdguy, you only posted a fraction of your results, but for the purposes of this thread, the short version seems to be much better. I have no clue what category you would best fit.

14-09-2012, 01:56 AM
(14-09-2012 01:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Just for fun, I took the long version. Found it more difficult as more questions were flawed. For example, it asked if I voted for liberal candidates and I put Very Accurate, and it asked if I voted for Conservative candidates, and I also answered Very Accurate. (True) Conservative candidates in America are very Liberal. I am a Libertarian. Urggh...anyway, Birdguy, you only posted a fraction of your results, but for the purposes of this thread, the short version seems to be much better. I have no clue what category you would best fit.

I am confused then. I don't see anything on any of the other posts that qualify as results. Am I missing something?
14-09-2012, 03:42 AM
See link for previous results from forum members:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-is-a-test

Lots of INTJs

14-09-2012, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 08:42 AM by Chas.)
ESTJ Drinking Beverage

What is an ESTJ?

Pretty close. Better than a cold reading.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Do you have to take the short one to get a letter definition (INTJ) ?

I took the long one and got descriptions but I don't see any letter combination at all.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-09-2012, 08:54 AM
ISTJ for me. I'm not sure about the S. Reading the descriptions for S vs. N, I think I cross over between the two a lot depending on the situation.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
14-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Didn't we conclude in DLJ's thread that instead of it being an atheist thing that it was more an internet forum thing?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post