Are most Atheists "Thinkers" due to their personality type?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2012, 02:37 AM
RE: Are most Atheists "Thinkers" due to their personality type?
(15-09-2012 02:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No shit Voyeur, why you telling us something we all already know. .... Nah I'm just fuckin' with you, brother.
Oh, come here, you big smelly willy. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-09-2012, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 03:04 AM by GirlyMan.)
(15-09-2012 02:37 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 02:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No shit Voyeur, why you telling us something we all already know. .... Nah I'm just fuckin' with you, brother.
Oh, come here, you big smelly willy. Wink

Hmmm... okay you big smelly bully, what's next?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
15-09-2012, 05:42 AM
.... ISTJ ... Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-09-2012, 06:06 AM
we don't have a control group Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-09-2012, 07:44 PM
(15-09-2012 01:01 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Another thought: Michael Shermer has made the case that there's a genetic component, too. He claims that rebellion against one's religion of childhood is possibly a genetic trait, and I've found that true in my own case (both of my parents rebelled against the religions they were raised in, too). So like many things, one's religion may have complex and varied causes.

Seems like a Nature V. Nurture argument to me. Proving it is next to impossible whether it is true or not. I personally believe both are contributing factors, but I appreciate the thought though. May have to read up on it. I also adhere to the idea that your genetics can have a big influence on your personality, perhaps it is semantics?

15-09-2012, 07:50 PM
(15-09-2012 06:06 AM)nach_in Wrote:  we don't have a control group Tongue

I thought there were some Theists on the site...which is why I asked people to include their beliefs, which unfortunatley no one decided was important for some reason, lol. I also know there are some Atheists married to Theists on the site. Maybe some folks would be willing to coax their spouse into taking the quiz and posting the results? I really think we are on to something here....of course this isn't going to be in a scientific journal of any reputation but you are right, we do need a control.

15-09-2012, 09:55 PM
ISTJ

Not surprising, but 1% of the population? Doesn't seem quite right, but then again... Americans...

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
16-09-2012, 07:33 PM
(15-09-2012 09:55 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  ISTJ

Not surprising, but 1% of the population? Doesn't seem quite right, but then again... Americans...

Says the guy who's sig is of an American Consider

17-09-2012, 02:17 AM
I had to take this test as part of my employers management training programme a year or so ago. I was the only technical manager on the course
and also the only INTJ.
18-09-2012, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 02:39 AM by Luminon.)
My type turns out to be something between INTP (I'd say this is outwardly behavior) and INFP (inward nature)
I spend a lot of time inside, but I can be oblivious to outwardly social and emotional issues.

I'm not sure if I believe in God (certainly not in the biblical one), because for me faith is such a worthless thing, that even if I believed, God would mean nothing to me. I was wrong many times and that's why I don't rely on faith. I rely on experience and logic a lot, when science is not available.

I do however have deep and passionate belief in humanism and altruism.

I heard there are cognitive styles, if so, I think in patterns. It's very easy for me to spot inconsistent patterns, internally and/or externally, this is why I don't adhere to religion. It just doesn't jibe with what we know about the world. Cause and effect are equal, for example. So no cause could possibly send us to heaven or hell forever. I rejected it as soon as I found a better pattern.