Are other atheists of one book?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: Are other atheists of one book?
(09-06-2016 06:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 06:15 PM)carusmm Wrote:  If you don't consider suffering evil, then you are a very strange person.

If you don't understand that suffering is neither good nor evil then you are a very strange person.

Oh and I dug this up just for you.

Pain is not enjoyable to me, therefore I don't believe in religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 07:02 PM
(09-06-2016 06:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Not I... but those other atheists, yes they're of one book.

Nailed it.

I am not people.
09-06-2016, 07:04 PM
(09-06-2016 07:00 PM)carusmm Wrote:  Pain is not enjoyable to me, therefore I don't believe in religion.

Religion is enjoyable to me, ergo pain.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-06-2016, 07:04 PM
(09-06-2016 06:53 PM)carusmm Wrote:  If you stub your toe, you feel the pain and no-one else. Like all things, evil is subjective.

You really have no idea about anything at all do you? You seem to mistakenly believe your silly one-liners are very deep and meaningful, when in reality they're nothing more than pointless, overly-simplified cut 'n' pastes of genuinely—and highly exhaustive—philosophical arguments debated by people of far greater intellect than you'll ever possess.

—Please go back to your mother's basement. Thank you.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
09-06-2016, 07:07 PM
(09-06-2016 04:51 PM)carusmm Wrote:  God is right about one thing: people are indeed sheep.

Not sheep. Goats.

#sigh
09-06-2016, 07:07 PM
(09-06-2016 06:41 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 05:59 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Suffering is not necessary to help us learn! All suffering teaches us is how to deal with suffering. It's religion's bogus explanation for why their Gawd "allows" terrible things to happen. We have a much simpler answer: God is not there.

Want to develop strength of character? Work as a member of a team of disparate ideas, trying to overcome a difficult task. Fail a few times and rebuild your dreams.

I'd be really curious to know what you think we can learn from suffering, other than how to cope with suffering, that cannot be learned through other, better means.

Well, we learn humour through suffering. Also, we suffer with every failure in our lives. And, indeed, God is unnecessary to some.

You say you like to suffer...maybe you should try a little bit o' this.....you bitch!

[Image: TRUST1-articleLarge.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-06-2016, 07:10 PM
From you, DF2? Where do I sign up? Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-06-2016, 07:13 PM
(09-06-2016 07:04 PM)SYZ Wrote:  You really have no idea about anything at all do you?

Dude's just dicking with us. I'm interested to see how long he will interest me. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-06-2016, 07:24 PM
(09-06-2016 07:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 04:51 PM)carusmm Wrote:  God is right about one thing: people are indeed sheep.

Not sheep. Goats.

Religion or evil is all about preventing the sheep from becoming goats. Suffering is never neutral.
[+] 1 user Likes carusmm's post
09-06-2016, 07:24 PM
(09-06-2016 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:04 PM)SYZ Wrote:  You really have no idea about anything at all do you?

Dude's just dicking with us. I'm interested to see how long he will interest me. Drinking Beverage

Wouldn't checking carusmm's score on an IQ test tell us all we needed to know about him, without having to suffer through these posts? Consider

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post