Are other atheists of one book?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Are other atheists of one book?
(09-06-2016 07:24 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not sheep. Goats.

Religion or evil is all about preventing the sheep from becoming goats. Suffering is never neutral.

So you're saying religion is evil?

And it teaches us stuff because it's evil? Hobo

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 07:33 PM
(09-06-2016 07:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude's just dicking with us. I'm interested to see how long he will interest me. Drinking Beverage

Wouldn't checking carusmm's score on an IQ test tell us all we needed to know about him, without having to suffer through these posts? Consider

I have tested myself and having an IQ in the mid 130's, which puts me in the top 2% of the population, makes me think IQ tests are pseudoscientific.
09-06-2016, 07:33 PM

I feel less like I'm missing the point of this thread, and more like the point of this thread is missing me, and that if I want it to continue missing me I should dig down deeper into my foxhole.

Also, I think maybe the admins should double-check to make sure that it's not possible to post to the forums from Twitter. That's the most sensible explanation I can find for the extreme brevity of what might be important thoughts deserving of significant development, but which are here presented in such a short format as to be naught but confusing and ill-expressed drivel.

.... not that it's a sensible explanation. Just the most sensible explanation.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
09-06-2016, 07:35 PM
(09-06-2016 07:24 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not sheep. Goats.

Religion or evil is all about preventing the sheep from becoming goats.

No education for you, sheeple!

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-06-2016, 07:39 PM
(09-06-2016 07:33 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Wouldn't checking carusmm's score on an IQ test tell us all we needed to know about him, without having to suffer through these posts? Consider

I have tested myself and having an IQ in the mid 130's, which puts me in the top 2% of the population, makes me think IQ tests are pseudoscientific.

You realize you'll need evidence of that for me to believe you, right? Tongue

I'm used to not getting any evidence from theists for their claims, tho, so no biggie. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-06-2016, 07:45 PM
(09-06-2016 07:33 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I feel less like I'm missing the point of this thread, and more like the point of this thread is missing me, and that if I want it to continue missing me I should dig down deeper into my foxhole.

The more you dig down deeper into your foxhole the more the foxhole digs down deeper into you. ... just sayin' Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-06-2016, 07:50 PM
(09-06-2016 05:39 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 05:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And you would be wrong, a fact surprising to no one of note.

Why would I be wrong when it is obvious that suffering helps us learn?

Oh really ?
What lesson does it teach a 7 year old in excruciating pain from his cancer ?
What "lesson' does it teach an infant that starves to death in Africa ? What lesson does it teach a baby washed out to sea in a tsunami ?

God damn people are so fucking stupid.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2016, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 08:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-06-2016 07:33 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Wouldn't checking carusmm's score on an IQ test tell us all we needed to know about him, without having to suffer through these posts? Consider

The most impressive manipulation of the IQ test I have ever seen is Cassius Clay coming in at 79. He was not a stupid man. Come in too low and they know he was cheating. Come in just high and low enough was a brilliant move. And then they decided 79 was not low enough to disqualify him and then the levee breaks and Ali dares them to fuck with him.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-06-2016, 07:58 PM
(09-06-2016 07:30 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:24 PM)carusmm Wrote:  Religion or evil is all about preventing the sheep from becoming goats. Suffering is never neutral.

So you're saying religion is evil?

And it teaches us stuff because it's evil? Hobo

Religion teaches people to be sheep is what I am saying. The evil that humanism teaches is to not do evil. I do love humanism so, but I cannot agree with it on this point. Most people are meek and should inherit dirt.
09-06-2016, 07:58 PM
(09-06-2016 07:33 PM)carusmm Wrote:  I have tested myself and having an IQ in the mid 130's, which puts me in the top 2% of the population, makes me think IQ tests are pseudoscientific.

You tested yourself? That speaks volumes.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky