Are other atheists of one book?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: Are other atheists of one book?
(09-06-2016 08:45 PM)carusmm Wrote:  Everything is funny afterwards. Also, Nietzsche doesn't have followers, he has sheep.

Next you'll be telling us that Plato, Aristotle and Socrates were morons...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
09-06-2016, 09:59 PM
carusmm Wrote:God is right about one thing: people are indeed sheep. The worst that all the shepherds of the world can be accused of is evil.
Is religion or evil necessary? I'd say that it is.
Why would I be wrong when it is obvious that suffering helps us learn?
If you don't consider suffering evil, then you are a very strange person.
If you stub your toe, you feel the pain and no-one else. Like all things, evil is subjective.
Pain is not enjoyable to me, therefore I don't believe in religion.
Religion or evil is all about preventing the sheep from becoming goats. Suffering is never neutral.
Religion teaches people to be sheep is what I am saying. The evil that humanism teaches is to not do evil. I do love humanism so, but I cannot agree with it on this point. Most people are meek and should inherit dirt.
Plato had one thing right: religion is a noble lie.

Evil is both subjective and necessary. Religion teaches people to be sheep but it's evil and you don't believe in it. Suffering helps us learn but suffering is evil, which is both subjective and necessary, but suffering is never neutral. Religion is all about preventing sheep from becoming goats, which is evil but, like all things, evil is subjective.

Are you with me so far?

"Evil" is an inherently religious term, with no more meaning than "sin". If you don't believe in "religion" you can't very well believe in "evil". Perversely, you begin by claiming that both are necessary. Shorn of both "evil" and "religion" you are left with pointless amoral suffering and an arbitrary distinction between sheep and goats that exists solely to give yourself the illusion that you are a better person than all the others. Ironically, this illusion is precisely the "evil" that you condem in "religion".

Your epistemology is inherently contradictory and flawed beyond redemption. Go forth and suffer learn greatly. Try again when you are twice the half-wit that you are now.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
09-06-2016, 10:03 PM
(09-06-2016 08:22 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh really ?
What lesson does it teach a 7 year old in excruciating pain from his cancer ?
What "lesson' does it teach an infant that starves to death in Africa ? What lesson does it teach a baby washed out to sea in a tsunami ?

God damn people are so fucking stupid.

It teaches them nothing, it teaches us plenty.

Like what ? And what exactly does it teach that cannot be learned in other ways. Then explain why your life is SO much more important than theirs.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2016, 10:06 PM
(09-06-2016 06:53 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 06:25 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I quite literally just gave you and example of a case where it's not in the very post you just quoted, so don't be a lil' shit. For fuck sake when I stub my toe I suffer, does that make stubbing my toe evil, or just my toes? Was the coffee table evil? Where in that suffering doth evil roost? Me thinks betwixt thy ears. Rolleyes

Also you still haven't explained why it's necessary so you're still wrong.

If you stub your toe, you feel the pain and no-one else. Like all things, evil is subjective.

What a fantastic non-answer! One sentence that's irrelevant to the discussion and another that's equally pointless.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
09-06-2016, 10:06 PM
(09-06-2016 09:23 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 08:45 PM)carusmm Wrote:  Everything is funny afterwards. Also, Nietzsche doesn't have followers, he has sheep.

Next you'll be telling us that Plato, Aristotle and Socrates were morons...

I wouldn't call Aristotle a moron exactly, he's more a fool when it comes to science.
09-06-2016, 10:12 PM
(09-06-2016 07:58 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:30 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So you're saying religion is evil?

And it teaches us stuff because it's evil? Hobo

Religion teaches people to be sheep is what I am saying. The evil that humanism teaches is to not do evil. I do love humanism so, but I cannot agree with it on this point. Most people are meek and should inherit dirt.

You claim to have an IQ of 130 and THIS is what you do to the English language? lol k.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
09-06-2016, 10:12 PM
(09-06-2016 09:59 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
carusmm Wrote:God is right about one thing: people are indeed sheep. The worst that all the shepherds of the world can be accused of is evil.
Is religion or evil necessary? I'd say that it is.
Why would I be wrong when it is obvious that suffering helps us learn?
If you don't consider suffering evil, then you are a very strange person.
Pain is not enjoyable to me, therefore I don't believe in religion.
Religion or evil is all about preventing the sheep from becoming goats. Suffering is never neutral.
Plato had one thing right: religion is a noble lie.

Evil is both subjective and necessary. Religion teaches people to be sheep but it's evil and you don't believe in it. Suffering helps us learn but suffering is evil, which is both subjective and necessary, but suffering is never neutral. Religion is all about preventing sheep from becoming goats, which is evil but, like all things, evil is subjective.

Are you with me so far?

"Evil" is an inherently religious term, with no more meaning than "sin". If you don't believe in "religion" you can't very well believe in "evil". Perversely, you begin by claiming that both are necessary. Shorn of both "evil" and "religion" you are left with pointless amoral suffering and an arbitrary distinction between sheep and goats that exists solely to give yourself the illusion that you are a better person than all the others. Ironically, this illusion is precisely the "evil" that you condem in "religion".

Your epistemology is inherently contradictory and flawed beyond redemption. Go forth and suffer learn greatly. Try again when you are twice the half-wit that you are now.

I am in no doubt of the evil of the world, and the evil of those who corrupt words to suit themselves.
09-06-2016, 10:20 PM
(09-06-2016 10:12 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 07:58 PM)carusmm Wrote:  Religion teaches people to be sheep is what I am saying. The evil that humanism teaches is to not do evil. I do love humanism so, but I cannot agree with it on this point. Most people are meek and should inherit dirt.

You claim to have an IQ of 130 and THIS is what you do to the English language? lol k.

I feel that it is entirely necessary that I be rejected by the majority. I am entirely too dangerous for my own good.
09-06-2016, 10:24 PM
(09-06-2016 10:12 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 09:59 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Evil is both subjective and necessary. Religion teaches people to be sheep but it's evil and you don't believe in it. Suffering helps us learn but suffering is evil, which is both subjective and necessary, but suffering is never neutral. Religion is all about preventing sheep from becoming goats, which is evil but, like all things, evil is subjective.

Are you with me so far?

I am in no doubt of the evil of the world, and the evil of those who corrupt words to suit themselves.

Oh noes! I'm a heretic! Damn me and my non-conformist worldview!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
09-06-2016, 10:32 PM
(09-06-2016 10:20 PM)carusmm Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 10:12 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You claim to have an IQ of 130 and THIS is what you do to the English language? lol k.

I feel that it is entirely necessary that I be rejected by the majority. I am entirely too dangerous for my own good.

Dangerous? You aren't even original. You're a rebel without a clue and you probably want to be a vampire.

---
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post