Are people who cannot see that morality is subjective idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: Are people who cannot see that morality is subjective idiots?
Really, folks, it's time to stop feeding the troll. Starvation is the solution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-01-2013, 01:13 PM
(07-01-2013 01:01 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 08:51 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Yes, and?

All moral systems are of equal value.
Moral systems are all of equal value like your appendix is of equal value to your heart. There are broken moral systems that are outdated, then there are more progressive ones that benefit society. No, they are not all equal.

Your disregard of sociological principles and lack of knowledge displays a saddening lack of education, and that you are a horrible troll. If you want to troll, please at least educate yourself to make it more entertaining. Your brand is tedious, monotonousness, and outright boring. The only reason I bother replying is because it is so incredibly easy to destroy your dumbass world view.
Yeah... and moral subjectivism doesn't mean that anything goes.
Find all posts by this user
08-01-2013, 02:23 PM
(24-12-2012 11:46 AM)Dragon-Wolf Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 08:05 AM)namiloveyou Wrote:  - Everybody thinks/values differently

- Morals don't exist as natural laws

- Humans can ultimately do as we please

Why then are morals not subjective?
Well..if you feel we can do as we please then go out and murder someone or beat up a child then we'll discuss morals and ethics.

(24-12-2012 09:28 AM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Do people need to be civil?
Yup. If you hope to have any sort of meaningful debate with anyone then it is quite useful to employ civility and diplomacy. If you cannot be bothered to exercise either than all we'd have is anarchy.
We live in a civilized world, not out in some uncultivated veldt.
Who says it's wrong to beat up a child?
08-01-2013, 02:49 PM
(08-01-2013 02:23 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 11:46 AM)Dragon-Wolf Wrote:  Well..if you feel we can do as we please then go out and murder someone or beat up a child then we'll discuss morals and ethics.

Yup. If you hope to have any sort of meaningful debate with anyone then it is quite useful to employ civility and diplomacy. If you cannot be bothered to exercise either than all we'd have is anarchy.
We live in a civilized world, not out in some uncultivated veldt.
Who says it's wrong to beat up a child?
Asking who says it's wrong is to imply a moral law giver.

Rather the question is too simple. It what context are we talking about. What is the child doing?

Acting in such a way as to endanger another's life, or simply throwing a tantrum. When determining the morally correct thing to do you need more context. After you establish a context we can determine the best out come.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
08-01-2013, 03:05 PM
(08-01-2013 02:49 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 02:23 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Who says it's wrong to beat up a child?
Asking who says it's wrong is to imply a moral law giver.

Rather the question is too simple. It what context are we talking about. What is the child doing?

Acting in such a way as to endanger another's life, or simply throwing a tantrum. When determining the morally correct thing to do you need more context. After you establish a context we can determine the best out come.
Context is immaterial.

it's not wrong to beat a child for the hell of it. who even determines "wrong"? you? why is your opinion so sacrosanct?
09-01-2013, 02:10 PM
(08-01-2013 03:05 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 02:49 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Asking who says it's wrong is to imply a moral law giver.

Context is immaterial.

it's not wrong to beat a child for the hell of it. who even determines "wrong"? you? why is your opinion so sacrosanct?
Well at least now I have a some form of a context.

If by beating a child for the hell of it, you mean derive pleasure from child beating.... When can look at this from cases where children have been beaten. Follow the psychological impact on the child, and derive from that whether or not it is wrong.

Your perception that my opinion is sacrosanct is also untrue. I can be proven wrong at any time, and then get the chance to correct my self.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
09-01-2013, 02:40 PM
(09-01-2013 02:10 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 03:05 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Context is immaterial.

Well at least now I have a some form of a context.

If by beating a child for the hell of it, you mean derive pleasure from child beating.... When can look at this from cases where children have been beaten. Follow the psychological impact on the child, and derive from that whether or not it is wrong.

Your perception that my opinion is sacrosanct is also untrue. I can be proven wrong at any time, and then get the chance to correct my self.
Life is tough. who cares about psychological impact?
09-01-2013, 02:51 PM
(09-01-2013 02:40 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 02:10 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Well at least now I have a some form of a context.

Those who want to find a way to establish a frame work by which we can determine morality.

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
11-01-2013, 11:31 AM
(09-01-2013 02:40 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 02:10 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Well at least now I have a some form of a context.

Considering you made that whole thread lambasting psychiatry, I think you do, or at least you pretend to. You're purposely laying out these contradictory statements as bait so you can do your whole "people are contradictory" routine, aren't you?

I think this well is finally dried up. You can either change your game plan or be left in the dust, but I don't think anybody here is going to care either way. Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
11-01-2013, 12:00 PM
(24-12-2012 08:05 AM)namiloveyou Wrote:  - Everybody thinks/values differently
- Morals don't exist as natural laws
- Humans can ultimately do as we please

Why then are morals not subjective?

There once was a pony, it's name was One-Trick.
One-Trick the Pony had only one trick, and that trick got old and dull very quickly. One-Trick kept performing, hoping to impress people with it's trick. But as the pony kept performing that one trick, members of it's audience began to wonder: "How long will the pony do this one trick? And How long 'till somebody puts it out if it's misery?"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post