Are purity pacts/rings a 'thing' where you live?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Are purity pacts/rings a 'thing' where you live?
I get sucked into these damn wormholes when I am looking up some random thing.

So I found these pics from a church festival and saw girls with face/arm paintings that said things like
"Waiting for true love"
"Marriage is best"
along with crosses...

I have heard of purity rings (given by their fathers. GAG)
but this was the first time I saw face/arm paintings in this theme.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Are purity pacts/rings a 'thing' where you live?
I heard about this too, never seen one or anybody who would wear it though. Still sex before marriage isn't wrong according to 59% of Poles, so it leave 41% of potential wearers.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
04-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Nope. Absolutely not, far as I am informed.

That's a purely puritan American thing.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
04-03-2017, 05:08 PM
There's another name for it ---

"Come fuck me camouflage"

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Nope, though one my Facebook friends did one of those purity ball things with her father. He did that and a purity ring with each of us his 4 daughters. It was quite creepy to see the pics.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-03-2017, 08:21 PM
(04-03-2017 03:57 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I get sucked into these damn wormholes when I am looking up some random thing.

So I found these pics from a church festival and saw girls with face/arm paintings that said things like
"Waiting for true love"
"Marriage is best"
along with crosses...

I have heard of purity rings (given by their fathers. GAG)
but this was the first time I saw face/arm paintings in this theme.
Haven't specifically heard of it but doesn't surprise me that this would be some of the marketing used by sexual abstinence advocates.

While this wasn't yet a clearly-defined "thing" to my knowledge back in my salad days as an evangelical, it was so drummed into me that sex was magically good within marriage and magically bad or at least shallow and unfulfilling outside of marriage, that I haven't entirely shaken it entering my seventh decade. I actually lived with my current wife without benefit of marriage for 7 years (we met when I was in my early 50s), and had no issue with it, but still felt totally pair-bonded the first time we had sex. Couldn't seem to help myself. I was married in between my ears because we had sex, basically. Intellectually I know better, but childhood operant conditioning is very powerful, particularly when combined with the hormonal rush of sex which tends to promote bonding anyway. It's just that rather than it coming about and strengthening organically, it was married in my head symbolically with the notion that it could not have validity without a rest-of-my-life commitment to my partner. There was no way psychologically for me to feel free to say, "this person's not right for me even though we've had sex".

If I were single today, I believe I would finally view this all differently, but it is a realization that has sunk in only in the past few years, and still a rather tenuous one. And of course at my age it's all over but the shouting, and rather academic, anyway.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
04-03-2017, 09:00 PM
(04-03-2017 05:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  There's another name for it ---

"Come fuck me camouflage"

For sure. I'm fully erect already.

I like the band, too.

Pant.
04-03-2017, 09:26 PM
I don't remember it being a thing in the church I grew up in. Of course they would teach abstinence but that went in one ear and out the other. It wouldn't have mattered anyway since my smaller head was thinking much more than my larger one. I started having sex when I was 14. I suppose when I say I started having sex it really meant that I was just flopping around on a poor girl as I sure as hell didn't know what the fuck I was doing at the time. I just knew it felt good and I liked it.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
04-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Quote:when I say I started having sex it really meant that I was just flopping around on a poor girl as I sure as hell didn't know what the fuck I was doing at the time

Good for you!

It took a long time before I could get more than one flop going.
04-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Not a thing where I live, but I've watched a couple of documentaries on them and read some articles and memoirs. Absolutely horrifying.