Are the "Atrocities" on the site worded in the exact way they were in the bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Are the "Atrocities" on the site worded in the exact way they were in the bible?
(16-05-2012 06:14 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  I was just about to put out a reason why I made that assumption, but I researched this time and realized that that arguement would have been wrong as well. One of the number one rules of Atheism is to assume nothing, yet somehow I end up doing so alot......XD.
Rules of atheism? Since when do we have rules?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: Are the "Atrocities" on the site worded in the exact way they were in the bible?
Well Hamata, you wouldn't know about them because as you can see on page forty eight of the atheist handbook, paragraph 57, it clearly states that no atheist is to let HamataK in on the fact that we have a rule bo.... fuck. I am so out of the club.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
16-05-2012, 08:20 PM
(16-05-2012 06:57 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(16-05-2012 06:14 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  I was just about to put out a reason why I made that assumption, but I researched this time and realized that that arguement would have been wrong as well. One of the number one rules of Atheism is to assume nothing, yet somehow I end up doing so alot......XD.
Rules of atheism? Since when do we have rules?
They're not neccessarily "Rules". I shouldnt have put it that way......That actually makes it sound like a religion. Not sure how I wanted to put that
16-05-2012, 08:40 PM
(16-05-2012 06:14 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  
(16-05-2012 03:10 PM)lightninlives Wrote:  My suggestion would be to do a bit of research and due diligence before settling on a subjective assertion like "online bible = piracy".

It took me one Google search and about 10 seconds of browsing to find the terms of use for BibleGateway.com, and those terms of use seem to substantiate that what that site offers (e.g. a bunch of different versions of the bible in different languages as well) is completely legitimate and not considered piracy in any sense, legal or otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that the Bible is covered by fair use laws and is considered part of the public domain.
I was just about to put out a reason why I made that assumption, but I researched this time and realized that that arguement would have been wrong as well. One of the number one rules of Atheism is to assume nothing, yet somehow I end up doing so alot......XD.
It's no sweat at all. None of us our perfect. We all make mistakes.

You're bigger than most because you're willing to humble yourself and admit when you were off base.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
16-05-2012, 10:49 PM
(16-05-2012 08:40 PM)lightninlives Wrote:  
It's no sweat at all. None of us our perfect. We all make mistakes.

You're bigger than most because you're willing to humble yourself and admit when you were off base.
I'm not always like that, but I guess not everyone's like that all the time. Everyone has a moment where Pride gets in the way.
17-05-2012, 03:08 PM
No one ever read the horrid parts of the bible when I used to go to my Catholic church.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
18-05-2012, 02:04 AM
(17-05-2012 03:08 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  No one ever read the horrid parts of the bible when I used to go to my Catholic church.

Same. When I was a believer, I always wanted them to read out of it in sheer curiosity, but they never did....And I never thought to ask why.
18-05-2012, 09:48 AM
No one owns the rights to the bible. Even the Christians aren't as nutty as the Scientologists.
18-05-2012, 04:23 PM
(18-05-2012 09:48 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  No one owns the rights to the bible. Even the Christians aren't as nutty as the Scientologists.
Scientologists aren't nutty. -Hitler Salute- HEIL XENU!