Are there any bitter atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Are there any bitter atheists?
Basically, are there any atheists who became so because of knowledge or experience of an event that was transendingly horrible, as i have?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 10:05 PM
RE: Are there any bitter atheists?
Considering every experience that I've heard has been different, I would assume there is someone in a similar boat. It's not generally something I hear of because of one single event, but usually many things, and a lot of time of someone coming to a conclusion on their own findings.
11-04-2012, 10:13 PM
(11-04-2012 09:59 PM)Daftheed Wrote:  Basically, are there any atheists who became so because of knowledge or experience of an event that was transendingly horrible, as i have?

I became one for som of these reasons, but I wouldn't call myself bitter.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
you see, in my experience, by being an atheist, my mothers catholic boiyfriend claimed ownership of our house and kicked us out, BECAUSE...i was an atheist. and, really, i wasnt at thast time, i was more of an agnostic (like 5 on the dawkins scale) but that ultimately made me question it for the first time, i read the bible, torah and koran, and after reading them, i concluded i was an atheist, because to me, it was illogical. it made no sense, and it was horrifiying to read.
11-04-2012, 10:22 PM
How does someone claim ownership of a house because of religion or non-religion affiliation???
11-04-2012, 10:24 PM
(11-04-2012 10:22 PM)Logisch Wrote:  How does someone claim ownership of a house because of religion or non-religion affiliation???
the house, regrettably, was in his name, and our relationship was tense. it wasnt because of his faith, he just happened to have one
11-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Sorry to hear that, that is very unfortunate. Unfortunately many of us have bad stories of poor tolerances from wackos.
11-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Discrimination sucks. Even the comments hurt, let alone anything more.
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah, that tenth commandment kinda killed the theist thing. How can I not covet Chris's wife? I loved her first! Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
12-04-2012, 01:58 AM
I did not become bitter and turn into an atheist. Rather, I turned into an atheist and then became bitter.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post