Are there any bitter atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 11:00 AM
RE: Are there any bitter atheists?
I'm an atheist because at age 7 I knew the universe was 14 billion years old. That's all it took back then.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I am not bitter, never was. Didn't leave because of drama or trauma. I left because it was not logic to me.
I left christianity when I was 9 for two reasons:
1. My father said this to me "I don't believe there is a god." which made me think and approve
2. I was taught that if you need help you only have to pray and god will make it good. I had tough time, really tough, and I prayed, and it did not get better. That was not logical according to what I have been taught.
These two things led me away from christianity.

But I found I was a witch, and I was witch for way longer than christian. I was a witch from about 13 to 25. That was, by the time, more than half my life and the only way everything made sense to me.
But again, I started questioning when I joined a chat community. Because people there sounded crazy to me when they said all the things that I believed in. Said out loud they sounded really nuts, and people started asking me for proof, and one there questioned the whole thing all the time in front of all the believers. That little bit of pressure that I got online, got me to think and question.

Here I am, a not bitter, but happy, recovered ex-witch Big Grin

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 01:00 PM
(11-04-2012 11:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah, that tenth commandment kinda killed the theist thing. How can I not covet Chris's wife? I loved her first! Big Grin

you're not the only one coveting someone's wife. Kingchosen's is pretty good looking. Wink

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I have always been an atheist, and so were my parents but I can sometimes be bitter. Other times I'm happy. I just think 80 years isn't a long time to live and at one point you or your partner will die. Either way, one or the other will be left alone. I saw what it did to my grandmother, she was always a strong woman but since my granddad died 3 years ago she turned bitter too, always saying being alone isn't something you can get used to, it's just a matter of accepting it. The only time I saw her cry was when granddad died. And it will happen to most of us, unless you die in an accident or something with your partner.

chan chan ki sikin aman
14-04-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm not bitter. I'm very ok with where I am at life. I regret wasted years chasing a fairy tale. But I think I'm good.

I don't think I'll ever have a relationship with my parents. They are just a couple of miserable, religous, conservative people a few thousand kms away from me. Other than sharing some DNA, I would have no reason to reach out to anyone like that.

I'm sure they would think I'm bitter, but they don't know me anymore.