Are there any nonreligious reasons gays shouldn't have rights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: Are there any nonreligious reasons gays shouldn't have rights
Sure there are. There are many "reasons" and "arguments" for homosexuals not to have rights. Although they're only spouted by religious people... go figure. Anyway, those reasons include the "imitable behavior" argument (homosexuals will make people homosexual), the "bad parentage" argument (homosexuals make bad parents because kids need one parent of each gender), and the "continuation of the species" argument (homosexuals don't breed, so they're not fit as people). I don't think I need to debunk all of these.
Good reasons and arguments, though? Not a chance.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2014, 04:03 AM
(10-04-2014 01:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 10:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  IMO all human beings should have equal rights. Unless through crime they give away those rights.

Which begs the question: what if certain kinds of sexuality are outlawed?

Huh
Some already are.

Oh yes. But it differs globally.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-04-2014, 05:00 AM
(09-04-2014 10:03 PM)Banjo Wrote:  IMO all human beings should have equal rights. Unless through crime they give away those rights.

Which begs the question: what if certain kinds of sexuality are outlawed?

You'd have the same burden to meet: who is harmed by a sexual orientation? If you are raped by a gay person of the same gender, should that be a "special" kind of rape, or does "forced to have sex against one's will" pretty much cover hetero- or homo-sexual rape?

The burden of proof with marraige, and the reason same sex marriage is making such great strides in our nation, is precisely because our laws are not there to legislate morality, but to protect rights. In order to discriminate against one group of people, you have prove that if those people exercise that right somone else's rights will be harmed. So, which of your rights are jeopardized or stripped when gays marry?
[+] 1 user Likes Mat0816's post
10-04-2014, 05:06 AM
The only reason I've found persuasive is that giving gay people rights would lead to sex with ducks. We can't have that...

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
10-04-2014, 05:40 AM
Mat0816.

Mate I agree. I posted then while doing so thought 'what if a gay guy commits a crime?'. Then wondered about states making things illegal?

I believe everyone should be equal. But I do not write laws.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-04-2014, 05:54 AM
(10-04-2014 05:40 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Mat0816.

Mate I agree. I posted then while doing so thought 'what if a gay guy commits a crime?'. Then wondered about states making things illegal?

I believe everyone should be equal. But I do not write laws.

Oh I didn't think you disagreed, I was just illustrating a point. Laugh out load Yeah, a crime isn't made any worse or different because of one's sexual orientation.
10-04-2014, 11:46 AM
(09-04-2014 10:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well to have human rights you have to be "human".
Gays are not "humans". We're actually a race of hyper intelligent aliens on a top secret mission to spread gayness to the human race with the ultimate goal of wiping you filthy creatures out entirely so we may move in and mine your planet for it's resources.

Think about it.
We're all extremely good looking. We're all very intelligent. All of us. How is that statistically possible? It's not, yet it's true.
The only viable conclusion is that we're hyper intelligent aliens. It makes sense and to deny it is to deny facts.

I know Drooling The most beautiful and breathtaking man I ever saw in my life...Adonis's child...was clearly batting for the other team. Weeping

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
10-04-2014, 11:50 AM
There are non-religious arguments you can use to not grant marriage to same sex couples. They are financial/insurance/government benifits arguments. They are not very good arguments, but do not need god in them.
10-04-2014, 12:03 PM
(10-04-2014 11:50 AM)wazzel Wrote:  There are non-religious arguments you can use to not grant marriage to same sex couples. They are financial/insurance/government benifits arguments. They are not very good arguments, but do not need god in them.

You can argue against marriage as a government subsidy but as for denying 1 sector of the populus equality no.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-04-2014, 12:04 PM
(10-04-2014 11:50 AM)wazzel Wrote:  There are non-religious arguments you can use to not grant marriage to same sex couples. They are financial/insurance/government benifits arguments. They are not very good arguments, but do not need god in them.

Arguably though, the only reason these arguments exist is to "legitimize" religious arguments.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post