Are there any nonreligious reasons gays shouldn't have rights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: Are there any nonreligious reasons gays shouldn't have rights
I never said they were good reasons, just that there were other than religious arguments out there. I have not heard anything that justifies not extending a fundamental right to people based on their sexuality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
10-04-2014, 01:03 PM
(10-04-2014 12:59 PM)wazzel Wrote:  I never said they were good reasons, just that there were other than religious arguments out there. I have not heard anything that justifies not extending a fundamental right to people based on their sexuality.

All the arguments fall apart and basically come down to "Cause Jesus".

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-04-2014, 01:09 PM
(10-04-2014 01:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 12:59 PM)wazzel Wrote:  I never said they were good reasons, just that there were other than religious arguments out there. I have not heard anything that justifies not extending a fundamental right to people based on their sexuality.

All the arguments fall apart and basically come down to "Cause Jesus".

Lots of times yes.
12-04-2014, 11:45 AM
I've spoken with a self proclaimed agnostic (however agnostics can have extremely left or right views since they're on the fence) who said it was unnatural. But after some serious pressing he sort of said he doesn't mind it as long as we aren't 'forcing' christian wedding planners who are against it to plan their weddings. He doesn't really understand the concept of civil rights and that sort of stuff.
12-04-2014, 11:46 AM
(12-04-2014 11:45 AM)TokyoRoyalty Wrote:  I've spoken with a self proclaimed agnostic (however agnostics can have extremely left or right views since they're on the fence) who said it was unnatural. But after some serious pressing he sort of said he doesn't mind it as long as we aren't 'forcing' christian wedding planners who are against it to plan their weddings. He doesn't really understand the concept of civil rights and that sort of stuff.

So, like most agnostics, your friend is just a moron. Thumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Quote:I've spoken with a self proclaimed agnostic

Well there's where you went wrong.

[Image: oscar.png]
12-04-2014, 07:12 PM
[Image: gay.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post