Are there any novel concepts uniquely attributable to Christianity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: Are there any novel concepts uniquely attributable to Christianity?
(17-05-2015 10:55 AM)Leo Wrote:  Dude what do you want me to do ? Do you want me to quote all your dishonest posts in all threads ? Meh I will not waste my time. You aren't worth it. Who cares if I give you a negative rating? You are whinning like I'm the only one giving you a negative rating. Dude move on.

I've eaten. So I'm over it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2015, 11:26 AM
(17-05-2015 10:55 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 10:47 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  So you want accuse me of being dishonest? But you don't want to substitute it, or even give a clear account of this?

I don't give a shit about the rating, but it's pretty cowardly to accuse me of being dishonest, if you're not gonna actually back that accusation up.

Dude what do you want me to do ? Do you want me to quote all your dishonest posts in all threads ? Meh I will not waste my time. You aren't worth it. Who cares if I give you a negative rating? You are whinning like I'm the only one giving you a negative rating. Dude move on.

I had no idea what you two were going on about until Tomatillo mentioned his rating. Don't go all Mr Woof on us now Tomatillo.

#sigh
17-05-2015, 11:27 AM
(17-05-2015 11:21 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 10:55 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  I see Tomasia, that you have them right where they want you. At the risk of slowing the momentum you've built here, one question;
How's it working out for you, believer?

It's always a mixed bag. Sometimes fun, sometimes not. Sometimes insightful, sometimes not. I was never particularly looking to be anyone's friend here, but I wasn't particularly looking to be anyones enemy either, lol.

But every so often someone succeeds in getting under my skin, and perhaps coincides with when I'm hungry, or tired.

But overall I like this place. People are for the most part swell, though we don't see eye to eye.

Though there's perhaps too much testosterone in the air sometimes.

Well, you stick to your guns, I'll give you that. Yes Nothing you have ever heard in here has ever shaken your beliefs?
17-05-2015, 11:36 AM
(17-05-2015 10:55 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  It's hard to kick against the pricks. heh.

Thumbsup

"And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." - Acts 26:14 (KJV)

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-05-2015, 11:45 AM
(17-05-2015 11:21 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  But every so often someone succeeds in getting under my skin, and perhaps coincides with when I'm hungry, or tired.

That's cause you're a pussy.

(17-05-2015 11:21 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Though there's perhaps too much testosterone in the air sometimes.

Dude, that's a piss poor characterization of the forum. Girly's got to take Androgel just so I don't have the testosterone of a little girl and this forum don't feel roid rage like to me. Most likely explanation is you're a pussy. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-05-2015, 11:49 AM
(17-05-2015 09:19 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 08:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You need help. Badly. Since you are totally ignorant, the answer is "Yes, the mob knew and declared them as innocent".
"Because of this offense for which Israel is corporately responsible, Jeremiah predicts disaster (7:32-34 and 19:1-3), 6-15). If only the people would repent, disaster could be thwarted (Jeremiah 18:5-11). But the Israelites were a "stiff-necked" people who would not listen to God's words (Jer. 9:15; see also 18:12; cf 18:5-11). They had forsaken their God to serve other gods even to the extent that they would sacrifice their own children spilling "the blood of the innocent" (Jer. 19:4). Mannaseh's grandson Josiah had tried to bring about reformation among the Israelites.

Uhm, I think you need help.

You highlighted passages in which Jeremiah condemns child sacrifices, declares them as "the blood of the innocent". This doesn't reveal that those who committed these acts saw the children as innocent, because if they did they likely would be siding with Jeremiah here. Not to mention the fact that using the bible here is not going to help you. There's plenty of passages of the bible in which the murdered victim is seen as innocent, from Genesis onward, starting with the story of Cain and Abel.

But we're talking about pre-judeo Christian mythologies with a human sacrifice at the center of them. These narratives all follow the same patterns, unlike the Christian myth, in which the innocence of victim and the guilt of his murderers is concealed.

These myths are from the perspective of the murderers, the ones doing the sacrificing. As a result the features of mythology are distinct from the features that make the Christian myth unique. The Christian Myth in essence is the story of the victim, rather than one from the perspective of the victimizers. The victims, and their sympathizers recognize the murder victims innocence, the perpetuators don't. And these mythologies were always told from the perspective of the perpetuators, for whom that basic truth, is concealed.

I take it back. You don't need help. There is no help for you.
Thanks for all you do making believers look like the complete idiots you are.

(It's "perpetrator" not "perpetuator".)

Fucking unbelievable. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-05-2015, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2015 11:59 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-05-2015 10:36 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Well, Girard work is primarily anthropological rather than theological, and is perhaps one of the most exhaustive and comprehensive works on scapegoating, and ritual sacrifices we have.

You wish. Liar. He is no anthropologist, and you have not the first clue what you are talking about, as you can't even write a correct sentence in English. Provide an academic reference for that assertion.
http://www.iep.utm.edu/girard/

"Professor Girard is not a theologian. He started as a historian, moved into literary criticism, from there into anthropology and ethnology, but has never moved away from what he considers his real task – that of a certain sort of textual criticism, questioning what makes that sort of textual criticism possible. He has often been criticised by somewhat lazy theological readers for not having a doctrine of this or that (of Creation, or an ecclesiology for instance) – as though it were not the task of theologians to work out the consequences of an embryonic anthropology of grace and of redemption fully and consistently themselves. Some have accused him of having developed a huge general system – yet another totalitarian thought package – when in fact his very small understanding of the triangular and imitative nature of desire, which can never properly be understood except in as far as the student allows him or herself to be chewed over by it, is something far more like St Thérèse’s “Little Way” than yet another straitjacket."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-05-2015, 11:53 AM
(17-05-2015 10:44 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 10:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yes, I think there are numerous examples which could imply and form the basis of the Rapture in the OT. I was looking for examples outside of the Babble since the OT and NT are both integrated into Christianity in some sort of forced perverse dysfunctional marriage.

Though I think these are not much similar to the concept of rapture, maybe with exception of Zoroastrianism.

Saoshyant seems to capture it. Nice job ZooChow!

#sigh
17-05-2015, 11:59 AM
(17-05-2015 11:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 10:44 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Though I think these are not much similar to the concept of rapture, maybe with exception of Zoroastrianism.

Saoshyant seems to capture it. Nice job ZooChow!

Happy to help Smile

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
17-05-2015, 12:04 PM
(17-05-2015 11:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 09:19 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  These myths are from the perspective of the murderers, the ones doing the sacrificing. As a result the features of mythology are distinct from the features that make the Christian myth unique. The Christian Myth in essence is the story of the victim, rather than one from the perspective of the victimizers. The victims, and their sympathizers recognize the murder victims innocence, the perpetuators don't. And these mythologies were always told from the perspective of the perpetuators, for whom that basic truth, is concealed.
(It's "perpetrator" not "perpetuator".)

I think "perpetuator" is correct in this context, Fullerene. As in perpetuators of the myth.

#sigh