Are there still White Christians who believe Blacks are the cursed descendants of ham

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Are there still White Christians who believe Blacks are the cursed descendants of ham
Even though this was a pretty half ass translation of the OT and a ridiculous excuse for racism, it was still widely believed for many generations in American culture. Are there still White Christians who think this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 02:58 AM
RE: Are there still White Christians who believe Blacks are the cursed descendants of ham
'ham'?

Doesn't sound kosher to me.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-03-2014, 03:05 AM
RE: Are there still White Christians who believe Blacks are the cursed descendants of ham
I'm pretty sure they're called 'Fundamentalist Mormons'...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
04-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Aryan Nation associates (skinheads is the colloquial term) use this as the central tenant in why blacks are inferior.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-03-2014, 03:55 AM
(04-03-2014 03:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Aryan Nation associates (skinheads is the colloquial term) use this as the central tenant in why blacks are inferior.

Thanks for reminding me of this blog post way back when from over on TheOatmeal.com

Why I Didn't Like Riding the Bus as a Kid

[Image: nazi_gameboy.png]

TheOatmeal Wrote:Nowadays when I see a school bus I don't think of homework, pencils, academia, or the children of today being responsible for the future of tomorrow. I think of fascism, rage, and the moral compass we all have which can bend completely backwards when packed into a sweaty, motorized box full of Nazis and overly-caffeinated, puberty-stricken howler monkeys.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-03-2014, 07:49 AM
(04-03-2014 02:45 AM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  Even though this was a pretty half ass translation of the OT and a ridiculous excuse for racism, it was still widely believed for many generations in American culture. Are there still White Christians who think this?

My cousin's grandmother has said something along these lines. I think she blamed it on a curse of Cain rather than Ham, so perhaps she isn't as well versed in her racist apologetics as she could be...

From what I know of her, she is borderline insane in many other regards, so, there's that.