Are we a simulation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 10:57 AM
RE: Are we a simulation?
(29-07-2014 10:46 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  This question defeats atheism. If it's possible that your mind can't be trusted, your worldview is absurd. Anything that comes out of your mouth can be ignored, because you can't know what's true.

If your thought process goes,
"I can't think,
THEREFORE,
God,"

You can't justify your own "therefore" either. Or anything else out of your mouth. Leaving us with only a solipsistic failure pile.

So, no, your incoherent trolltacular horseshit is not compelling this time out, either.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 11:01 AM
(29-07-2014 10:57 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 10:46 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  This question defeats atheism. If it's possible that your mind can't be trusted, your worldview is absurd. Anything that comes out of your mouth can be ignored, because you can't know what's true.

If your thought process goes,
"I can't think,
THEREFORE,
God,"

You can't justify your own "therefore" either. Or anything else out of your mouth. Leaving us with only a solipsistic failure pile.

So, no, your incoherent trolltacular horseshit is not compelling this time out, either.

I can think because God gives me the ability to. You can't trust your thoughts, because your worldview isn't absolute.

Truth seeker.
29-07-2014, 11:04 AM
(29-07-2014 11:01 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I can think because God gives me the ability to. You can't trust your thoughts, because your worldview isn't absolute.

You're not even trying, are you?

Your only way out is presuppositionalism. Which is an ignominious failure pile. Way to double down, champ.

Originality 1/10
Conviction 8/10
Insanity 8/10

Overall 6/10 would troll again.

29-07-2014, 11:07 AM
(29-07-2014 11:04 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 11:01 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I can think because God gives me the ability to. You can't trust your thoughts, because your worldview isn't absolute.

You're not even trying, are you?

Your only way out is presuppositionalism. Which is an ignominious failure pile. Way to double down, champ.

Originality 1/10
Conviction 8/10
Insanity 8/10

Overall 6/10 would troll again.

Your worldview has a solution to presuppositionalism? I would love to see this, honestly. It is the reason I'm not an atheist.

Truth seeker.
29-07-2014, 05:17 PM
You cannot have dreams in a simulation. This breaks the theory of the matrix.

If it were a simulation, your mind and body must be forced into an unconscious state; otherwise, if you were awake. you would be able to feel both your real body and the fake one.

If we were a computer program. We would not have the capacity to experience things and feel and have emotions. The universe would not be as detailed and just like with any computer program, no matter how advanced, Would have glitches that we would notice in our reality.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
30-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Can a simulation detect that it's a simulation? Huh
30-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Religion is a glitch in the program. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
31-07-2014, 12:19 AM
I am a product of evolution by means of natural selection.
There is no simulation, this is a real world governed by physics and chemistry.
Take pleasure from the world around you, be happy that out of all the variables and challenges that have assailed your ancestors, you are here.
Congratulations!
There is no deity responsible for your existence.
Just an incredibly long line of success.
Imagine how far your genes have travelled, and the incredible diversity of our species.
There is joy and wonder in that. Not provided by an omnipotent god, just the long slow grind of physics, chemistry, evolution, and natural selection.
31-07-2014, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 04:22 AM by Luminon.)
(30-07-2014 08:13 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Can a simulation detect that it's a simulation? Huh
Wonderful question. The universe can be a simulation, if it allows for creation of simulations, which we can do. In a sense, a simulation is just as real as the world around, it just contains less energy, mass, complexity, but it still has some real stuff in it... Creation of simulations allows us to see in the most general terms what to look for in our universe to know it's a simulation. Simulation does not mean "magic" or "deus ex machina" or "any shit is possible for no reason".

Simulation means basically using a highly variable medium to create a less variable medium to isolate some aspects which are impossible to isolate in the original medium. Our universe is a simulation, because particles in a state of quantum superposition are highly variable, they have a number of different states and only bouncing a photon off them collapses them into our everyday matter. Same with quantum wave particles. The higher world may be more real and free than this one, but it is pretty damn fuzzy and ambiguous and can go a number of ways and that is why we exist. We are the reality processors that the higher world uses to see which way to go Smartass

Also, a simulating medium is always more high-powered than the simulated environment. Which may be why there is this "dark energy" phenomenon, stretching the universe apart relatively faster than the speed of light. It can't be anything from this universe, it can only be a feature of the universe that simulates us. If it's real, that is. If physicists disprove dark energy, I'll have to drop this paragraph.

Now let the resident physicist grab the torches and pitchforks Bechased

(29-07-2014 05:17 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  You cannot have dreams in a simulation. This breaks the theory of the matrix.

If it were a simulation, your mind and body must be forced into an unconscious state; otherwise, if you were awake. you would be able to feel both your real body and the fake one.
Well, I kind of already do Blush Did you ever see Alex Grey's paintings? I can't vouch for the crazy colors, but this is how it feels like, lit up like a Christmas tree. Especially look for the white dotted lines that look like a circuit board. That's our true body's prominent feature...

(29-07-2014 05:17 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  If we were a computer program. We would not have the capacity to experience things and feel and have emotions. The universe would not be as detailed and just like with any computer program, no matter how advanced, Would have glitches that we would notice in our reality.
Well, there are theories that say that thoughts, intuitions, inspiration, dreams and emotions are really features of the higher worlds which have some kinds of brain outlets in this world.
As for glitches, these theories say there's a plenty of them. The things we see when we take some drugs, the things insane people see, or saints, mystics and occultists, that is all interaction from beyond this simulation, call it glitches or call it a legitimate user input Wink Sure this communication does not always go well, so there are unconscious states. So much for the theory. The woo is THE glitch in the Matrix.

Sorry, you don't get a clean, new woo-free theory of this universe being a simulation. You just don't, you're a few thousand years late to the party Wink
31-07-2014, 07:50 AM
(31-07-2014 04:05 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Now let the resident physicist grab the torches and pitchforks

Your dipshit rambling bears no correspondence to external reality. Idle, ignorant musing does not answer questions.

You don't understand any of the words you've used. There is no content to parse. There is no content to criticise. There is only word salad.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post