Poll: Are we mentally ill?
YES!
No, we are just changing our genetics.
both.
Other. (Answer in comment.)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Are we all mentally ill?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Are we all mentally ill?
And btw....you're not supposed to attack people in the personal support area. Just a reminder.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
24-08-2013, 12:00 AM
(23-08-2013 11:36 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  And btw....you're not supposed to attack people in the personal support area. Just a reminder.

Ah crap. You're right, I forgot to look around before posting. I'm sorry. But I was only addressing the article.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
24-08-2013, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2013 03:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
I voted YES! we are all mentally ill, atheists just less so. Tongue

"Therefore, being an atheist – lacking the vital faculty of faith – should be seen as an affliction, and a tragic deficiency: something akin to blindness."

The vital faculty of reason obviates the need for faith and exposes it as non-vital, as unnecessary as an appendix, and ultimately potentially fatal when that fucker bursts.

(23-08-2013 10:27 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Sadly, I can't close this thread.
We will wait for a admin to delete it.

Nah, that ain't gonna happen. Quill was just dicking with you. The thread's fine.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-08-2013, 04:39 PM
If you look at our species collectively we have made enough weaponry and have the capabilities to end almost all life on earth. We destroy the planet and each other so we can accumulate tokens that equal wealth and power.

When they first tested a hydrogen bomb, they were not 100% sure if the reaction would stop. When they turned on the LHC they thought it could maybe create mini black holes.

If that isn't crazy, I don't know what is Drinking Beverage

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
24-08-2013, 04:43 PM
“You are the books you read, the films you watch, the music you listen to, the people you meet, the dreams you have, the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these. You are the sound of the ocean, the breath of fresh air, the brightest light and the darkest corner.

You are a collective of every experience you have had in your life. You are every single second of every single day. So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence. Let the words run through your veins and let the colors fill your mind until there is nothing left to do but explode. There are no wrong answers. Inspiration is everything. Sit back, relax, and take it all in.
Now, go out and create something.”

Jac Vanek

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
24-08-2013, 04:48 PM
(24-08-2013 04:39 PM)bemore Wrote:  When they first tested a hydrogen bomb, they were not 100% sure if the reaction would stop. When they turned on the LHC they thought it could maybe create mini black holes.

I just want to note that these are false, and were never considered seriously, but only sensationalized in tabloid media, and the very bored and ignorant. It's akin to saying "Silicon Valley was worried that all the computers would explode on midnight of Y2K." It was a non existent concern, with maybe a few people seriously looking into it.
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
24-08-2013, 04:49 PM
(24-08-2013 04:39 PM)bemore Wrote:  When they first tested a hydrogen bomb, they were not 100% sure if the reaction would stop. When they turned on the LHC they thought it could maybe create mini black holes.

If that isn't crazy, I don't know what is Drinking Beverage

That's just how we roll. Drinking Beverage

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
24-08-2013, 05:08 PM
(24-08-2013 02:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I voted YES! we are all mentally ill, atheists just less so. Tongue

"Therefore, being an atheist – lacking the vital faculty of faith – should be seen as an affliction, and a tragic deficiency: something akin to blindness."

The vital faculty of reason obviates the need for faith and exposes it as non-vital, as unnecessary as an appendix, and ultimately potentially fatal when that fucker bursts.

(23-08-2013 10:27 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Sadly, I can't close this thread.
We will wait for a admin to delete it.

Nah, that ain't gonna happen. Quill was just dicking with you. The thread's fine.

And I'm not "tragic" I'm awesome! Blind or otherwise.
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
24-08-2013, 05:47 PM
(23-08-2013 10:03 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Are we mentally ill? or are we just changing our own genetics through rationalism?
Read this!
As the article does say that the human brain is hardwired for faith, and I'm pretty sure that IS true, are we mentally ill? or are we just a different sub-sub-sub-sub-species of homo sapiens? (Maybe we are Homo Evolutus)

Even though the subspecies theory would be VERY irrelevant, because my brother has been barmitzvah-ed, Mabye we have found some way to change our genetics through beliefs. So Maybe we are all mentally ill, or are we just changing our body through thought?

Just because the voices in my head, most notably my own and the voice I named "Hobgoblin", tell me to murder people until they die from it, doesn't mean i am mentally unstable.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Not at all - wait you mean murder is fatal ???