Are we all one?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Are we all one?
I guess that one view point that can be taken from quantum physics is that as an observer, you can potentially change "reality", or become a factor in the process simply by observing.

To truely understand what im saying please watch this short vid explaining the theory in terms a 6 year old could understand, you will learn something I promise Smile

Dr Quantum - Double Slit Experiment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

So if im a factor or (shock horror bombshell) I actually shape my reality......what about all of everything else that surrounds me and is contained within, and including the atmosphere of this planet.....surely this must play a part in shaping it too???

So collectivly do we shape our reality??? Tough question but there has been certain experiments done which seem to indicate that we may!!!

Transcendental Meditation Experiment Arrests Crime
Study Shows Dramatic Drop in Violent Crime During D.C. Project

http://www.alltm.org/pages/crime-arrested.html

Its startling and it raises as many questions as it does answers. This experiment has been replicated elsewhere and shown similar results.....I could provide links
but I encourage you to do your own research/make up your own mind, as in everything in life.

Google is just a click away after all Smile

So have we seen examples of this "group conscious" elsewhere.........possibly.

"The hundredth monkey effect" origins are slightly dodgy............I could explain, but ill be lazy and direct you here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect

So if we, and all living/conscious things, have our own sort of group conscious on a certain scale, could we theoretically then say that there could be a collective "world conscious".

The next ten minute (and less child friendly, but amazingly interesting) video looks at this and our possible beginnings and encomapses everything I have said up to now.

The Quantum Apocalypse of The Holographic Universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dpRPTwsKJs

Could we metaphorically say that we are all one......its a simple and beautifull theory if I am honest.......which drops all perceptions of borders and division that we as society now cast and our relationship with the earth and everything around us.

If religion and science teamed up and proved this I think I would be a happy camper HeartHeartHeart

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
11-09-2011, 11:32 AM
RE: Are we all one?
Easily one of the most interesting theories I've come accrossed in a very long time, and it's most definitley a serious possability.

“My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.” - Marcus Luttrell
12-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Extremely cool. Great work. We may be all one, but one what?

Is there life and death of individual consciousness?

The atoms that make up my brain are arranged so that they comprise a neural net that supports my illusion of consciousness. If that set is broken and consciousness is broken, then individual death, even if life was just an illusion to begin with.

Many believe that consciousness is an illusion outside the quantum argument based on functional MRIs showing the neural network in play.

The one conclusion that can be drawn is that there is no "soul" in play outside of the quantum arena (physical world). Even if the physical world is an illusion the illusion is based on quantum events and quantum theory does not support the supernatural as far as I can tell. Therefore, Plato was wrong. Aristotle was right.

I can sleep well now that the universe is so easily explained. Wink
12-10-2011, 08:56 PM

In the Introduction of the book I am writing on Physics, I said the following:

"Nature is made up of all that we are and all that surrounds us. That is how I like to think of her: a breathing, living, maybe even conscious, entity, sustaining, supporting life. It is in this sense that I talk about “The Soul of Nature”.

Two of the most prominent scientists of the 20th century (Nobel Laureate Eugene Wigner and world-class mathematician John von Neumann) suggested one of the most dramatic philosophical interpretations of the weird world of atoms: consciousness is an essential part of reality, neither the physical world, nor consciousness can exist without the other.

“Oneness” is a very seductive idea: one Nature, one set of rules. The Natural Laws we discovered in Physics are part of these rules, and they apply to living beings as well: plants, animals, humans, extraterrestrials (if any).

I wrote this book to demonstrate how the physical world was put together (to the limit of our current understanding) and how we found out. Finding truth, whether in Physics or in Sociology, has to follow the rules Nature has given us. These rules are described in the “The Scientific Method” section of Chapter I. Some of us have other means of understanding, such as intuition, imagination, spiritual experiences, but those means are not readily available to everyone. Science is.

If we embrace what we have, what has been proven to work century after century of human history, then we can solve all the problems of “The Human Condition” that have plagued us for millennia.

I think of us human beings as cells in a living body: the body of Nature. I hope we are not cancer cells, destroying our host and thus destroying ourselves.

It is our choice: we can love and respect Nature as our Mother, or we can betray her soul."
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
16-10-2011, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2011 02:41 AM by GirlyMan.)
(10-09-2011 03:52 PM)bemore Wrote:  If religion and science teamed up and proved this I think I would be a happy camper HeartHeartHeart

It's coming, bemore.

(12-10-2011 08:56 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Two of the most prominent scientists of the 20th century (Nobel Laureate Eugene Wigner and world-class mathematician John von Neumann) suggested one of the most dramatic philosophical interpretations of the weird world of atoms: consciousness is an essential part of reality, neither the physical world, nor consciousness can exist without the other.

This seemed to bother Einstein quite a bit, "I, at any rate, am convinced that He (God) does not throw dice." and "Do you really think the moon isn't there if you aren't looking at it?" To which Niels Bohr responded, "Einstein, don't tell God what to do." Doesn't bother me at all, but then I'm no Einstein. P.S. I'm eagerly anticipating purchasing your book Zatamon. Smile

(12-10-2011 08:39 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Extremely cool. Great work. We may be all one, but one what?

One mind with many different thoughts. Some malevolent, some benevolent. Some genius, some inane. But mostly benign, inconsequential and fleeting.

(12-10-2011 08:39 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Is there life and death of individual consciousness?

I've seen both birth and death. But consciousness is so intimately intertwined that individual consciousness seems almost unimaginable. What would that even look like?

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-10-2011, 09:27 AM
GAAAAGH NOOOOOO! NOT QUANTUM PHYSICS!!!
Today is not easy on my head...
The thought that we are all actually one is a very confusing subject that hasn't had much discussion because trying to find someone else who understands it is difficult (believe me I've tried).
There are a few ideas i've come up with myself thatI\ll try to explain in shorthand as I am lazy.

Imagine all humans as a single human. Each individual person has obvious personnality traits so each person would act as a part of the whole's personnality. Thinking under this idea means that no matter hpw violent an individual is, they are needed because somebody has to be that part of the whole to achieve balance.

If you can follow that, I am impressed because reading it myself is confusing.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
20-10-2011, 11:25 AM
(20-10-2011 09:27 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  GAAAAGH NOOOOOO! NOT QUANTUM PHYSICS!!!
Today is not easy on my head...
The thought that we are all actually one is a very confusing subject that hasn't had much discussion because trying to find someone else who understands it is difficult (believe me I've tried).
There are a few ideas i've come up with myself thatI\ll try to explain in shorthand as I am lazy.

Imagine all humans as a single human. Each individual person has obvious personnality traits so each person would act as a part of the whole's personnality. Thinking under this idea means that no matter hpw violent an individual is, they are needed because somebody has to be that part of the whole to achieve balance.

If you can follow that, I am impressed because reading it myself is confusing.

Yes I get what your saying. Its like we look at ourselves (our bodys) and we think that we are just one solid person........which is true to some degree but when you break it down you realise that we are millions of seperate cells (that reknew every few years) that make up and form YOU!!!!

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
20-10-2011, 03:44 PM
okay. how about this then?

THink of all the matter in the universe. It is all touching. it is all connected. If there truely is no break in the touching of the matter...then doesn't that makes us one entity?
Argue against it please because I can't discuss this with anyone because everyone around me cannot keep up with me.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
20-10-2011, 04:23 PM
(20-10-2011 03:44 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  okay. how about this then?

THink of all the matter in the universe. It is all touching. it is all connected. If there truely is no break in the touching of the matter...then doesn't that makes us one entity?
Argue against it please because I can't discuss this with anyone because everyone around me cannot keep up with me.

I cant argue against it ha ha ha.

Im going to copy an interesting section out of a book called "The Divine Matrix" by Gregg Braden.......

"In a 1993 study reported in the journal advances, the army performed experiments to determine precisely wether the emotion/dna connection continues following a seperation, and if so at what distances??? The reserachers started by collecting a swab of tissue and DNA from inside of a volunteers mouth. This sample was isolated and taken to another room in the same building where they begam to investigate a phenomenon that modern science says shouldnt exist. In a specially designed chamber, the DNA was measured electrically to see if it responded to the emotions of the person it came from, the donor who was in another room several hundred feet away.

In his room the subject was shown a series of video images. Designed to create genuine states of emotion inside of his body, this material ranged from graphic wartime footage to erotic images to comedy. The idea was for the donor to experience a spectrum of real emotions within a brief period of time. While he was doing so, in another room his DNA was measured for its responses.

When the donor experienced emotional peaks and dips his cells and dna showed a powerfull electrical response at the same instant in time. Although distances measured in hundreds of feet seperated the donor and the samples, the DNA acted as if it was still physically connected to his body."

I cant be arsed to copy any more detail for detail but needless to say they replicated the experiments but increased the distance between donor and sample. All coming up with the same responses.

I highlighted one section of writing because there are instruments in space that monitor the electromagnetic patterns on earth. On the day of 911 there was a MASSIVE increase in electromagnetic patterns.....nothing they had ever seen before and were extremly baffled by.

I will finish this post by the authors summary of the DNA experiments.

"The bottom line-the reason why ive chosen to share this experiment is simply this. For the DNA and donor to have any connection whatsoever, there must be something that links them together. The experiement suggests four things....

1 A previously unrecognised form of energy exists between living tissues.

2 Cells and DNA communicate through this field of energy.

3 Human emotion has a direct influence on living DNA

4 Distance appears to be of no consequence with regard to the effect.

There is a video I havent finished watching (ive got about halfway through it) which is pretty interesting as science trys to say that we are all linked.....it also mentions what I said earlier about cells and the body.

Enjoy Big Grin

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Okay. I came up with this idea in my spare time and your telling me that it has actual evidence to support it?.................WTF!? Wait! then that means that.....oh crap. long story I won't tell it now but I'll say that some really messed up stuff happened tht links directly to that involving two friends, a car accident, about 20 miles and me.
Now I'm not going to sleep tonight Sad

NEW AND IMPROVED!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post