Are we hated more than westboro?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 06:15 AM
RE: Are we hated more than westboro?
I'd say that Westboro was hated more before Fred Phelps died of the anal herpes he contracted from his boyfriend....

But that's just a happy thought of mine..............

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-09-2015, 06:19 AM
He had anal warts ? Wow I had no idea dirty buggerBig Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
09-09-2015, 06:21 AM
(09-09-2015 06:19 AM)adey67 Wrote:  He had anal warts ? Wow I had no idea dirty buggerBig Grin

Come on -- anybody who is that much of a gay-basher obviously has some mega-action going on in his closet. I'll bet Fred used a fire hydrant for a buttplug......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-09-2015, 06:31 AM
He must have been one hell of an ass ramming cockmaster
09-09-2015, 06:31 AM
(09-09-2015 06:13 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  The hatred I've seen towards atheists is anything BUT abstract. I have been forced to go to enough religious gatherings to say the hate is real. The church I used to attend was fairly moderate, and even they preached that atheists were to be shunned and reviled, for they were the servants of Satan.

I have family members that won't speak to me because I'm an atheist. At my father's funeral, they skipped right past me when offering condolences. I have even more family members that won't let me be unsupervised with their children because I'm an atheist.

The hatred is not abstract. It's very very real.

When I was young and had no sense, I went to a baptist church camp... and there we were preached to by some fresh-faced shithead who'd never been laid about how it was wrong to be too friendly to unbelievers. Given that at the time I did not identify as a Christian (and was known not to) it pissed me right the fuck off, because here was I putting my all into the friendships I had, and there were those very same friends nodding along to the preacher "Yes, we'll be friendly, but not close friends, the only purpose to being friends with an unbeliever is to try and bring them to the Lord".

I bumped into another friend who'd been on that same church camp a few weeks ago and mentioned that I'd not enjoyed the sermon - to her it had barely even registered, it was just a normal sermon... She's a real hottie, that girl Blush Pity I'll never get together with her, she's so into Jesus at this point I don't think I'd have a prayer.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-09-2015, 06:47 AM
(09-09-2015 06:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 06:13 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  The hatred I've seen towards atheists is anything BUT abstract. I have been forced to go to enough religious gatherings to say the hate is real. The church I used to attend was fairly moderate, and even they preached that atheists were to be shunned and reviled, for they were the servants of Satan.

I have family members that won't speak to me because I'm an atheist. At my father's funeral, they skipped right past me when offering condolences. I have even more family members that won't let me be unsupervised with their children because I'm an atheist.

When I was young and had no sense, I went to a baptist church camp... and there we were preached to by some fresh-faced shithead who'd never been laid about how it was wrong to be too friendly to unbelievers. Given that at the time I did not identify as a Christian (and was known not to) it pissed me right the fuck off, because here was I putting my all into the friendships I had, and there were those very same friends nodding along to the preacher "Yes, we'll be friendly, but not close friends, the only purpose to being friends with an unbeliever is to try and bring them to the Lord".

I bumped into another friend who'd been on that same church camp a few weeks ago and mentioned that I'd not enjoyed the sermon - to her it had barely even registered, it was just a normal sermon... She's a real hottie, that girl Blush Pity I'll never get together with her, she's so into Jesus at this point I don't think I'd have a prayer.
Just pretend she may not allow entrance to her vagazzel but maybe the back door is open know what I mean. Big Grin:
09-09-2015, 06:50 AM
(09-09-2015 06:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  

So, the only way into her kingdom of heaven is through Jesus? Big Grin

I know exactly what you mean about your friends not noticing. When I was religious, I bought tapes of the sermons I liked from the church I went to. While I was going through my apostasy, I attempted to listen to a few in the hopes it would bring me back to Jesus. I couldn't believe that these were once my favorite sermons. The ignorance, intolerance, and outright hatred in them was disgusting to me.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-09-2015, 07:18 AM
(09-09-2015 06:50 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 06:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  When I was young and had no sense, I went to a baptist church camp... and there we were preached to by some fresh-faced shithead who'd never been laid about how it was wrong to be too friendly to unbelievers. Given that at the time I did not identify as a Christian (and was known not to) it pissed me right the fuck off, because here was I putting my all into the friendships I had, and there were those very same friends nodding along to the preacher "Yes, we'll be friendly, but not close friends, the only purpose to being friends with an unbeliever is to try and bring them to the Lord".

So, the only way into her kingdom of heaven is through Jesus? Big Grin

I know exactly what you mean about your friends not noticing. When I was religious, I bought tapes of the sermons I liked from the church I went to. While I was going through my apostasy, I attempted to listen to a few in the hopes it would bring me back to Jesus. I couldn't believe that these were once my favorite sermons. The ignorance, intolerance, and outright hatred in them was disgusting to me.
Universal I think, I have written scripts of both mine and others sermons and they make me cringe.
09-09-2015, 08:37 AM
I have never had any confrontation's or run-in's with any Baptist's. But my Wife (who is a believer) had. When she was young her mother wanted to bring her to other churches so they could decided for themselves which they wanted to belong to.

My wife was ruffly 10 at the time and her mother, sister and her self went to the local Baptist Church. She explained that she was there for maybe 10 mins and she was slowly pulled away from her mother and brought into another room. She was told to sit on the ground with a few other kids. 8 adults surrounded the kids and started yelling at the top of their lungs at them. "Your going to hell!" "Your parents can't help you on judgement day!" etc etc.

Luckily for her, her mother had found the room they were taken to and grabbed them by the hand and walked out. A trail of Baptist's shouting how they were lost if they didn't join.

Now if I used this for the grounds of this poll I would say my wife loves me more then the Baptists, and they weren't even West Boro.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-09-2015, 09:16 AM
I think the WBC bothers believers because they fear their own irrational belief in deities might cause them to be lumped in with groups like the WBC. There's less difference, ideologically-speaking, between your average no-meat-on-Friday, missionary-position-only Catholic, and the WBC than there is between ANY theist and all atheists. We bother believers so much because our existence points out the narrowness of the divide between moderate churchgoers and whackadoo extremists. We distance ourselves equally from all believers so they hate us because they assume we see them all as being equal with the WBC, ISIS, etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post