Are we hated more than westboro?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2016, 11:41 AM
RE: Are we hated more than westboro?
I think the Westboro Baptist Church is in a category all it's own. They are reviled by pretty much everyone. It's the protests at military funerals that put them over the top. People might be warier of atheists than WBC because they share the same belief system but the contempt for this fringe element is common ground for theist and non-believer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbyfarmer's post
03-01-2016, 11:53 AM
I don't really think about it.

So much of their POV is misguided and ignorant I just can't be bothered to worry about it. I let people know I'm atheist if it's appropriate and they are usually shocked. It curdles their perspective to see a middle aged, funny, happy and very modern cookie-baking granny be an atheist. I like that, next time they want to judge someone about non-beliefs my image will pop in their head and if they don't ignore it totally, then maybe they'll think twice about their preconceived notions.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
03-01-2016, 11:59 AM
(03-01-2016 11:41 AM)Hobbyfarmer Wrote:  I think the Westboro Baptist Church is in a category all it's own. They are reviled by pretty much everyone. It's the protests at military funerals that put them over the top. People might be warier of atheists than WBC because they share the same belief system but the contempt for this fringe element is common ground for theist and non-believer.

I agree with this. I can't think of many things that are lower and more disrespectful than barging in and making a mockery of someone's grief.

I think we are feared because we aren't understood not because of heinous, publicity-seeking behavior.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post