Are we more likely to believe scary things?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Are we more likely to believe scary things?
...Or do I just keep finding really weird morons?

This has just been a question swirling around my head for a while, cause it seems whenever I look into something scary online there are always a group of idiots who think it's real, and these groups of idiots never seem to show up when it comes to happy things.

And subsequently, that made me think about how there seem to be dozens of shows revolving around horror things (ghosts, mostly) and how so totally super real they are, but there never seem to be shows about how so totally super real, say, fairies are.

I was kind of wondering if there were any studies on this kind of thing, since Google didn't really give me anything.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 09:56 PM
RE: Are we more likely to believe scary things?
There's a seemingly endless supply of people who enjoy being miserable.
11-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Ghost shows aren't scary. The Mr Clean commercials, on the other hand....that shit is nightmare fuel.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
12-04-2015, 04:09 AM
We all face the scariest thing of all! Death. So it fascinates us. But scary things can be a comfort. Ghosts give us an afterlife. Vampires never die. Even zombies, lousy as that life would be. . . survive death! Aliens stick things up your butt! But they don't even need to eat! Scary things offer an afterlife. . .
12-04-2015, 04:53 AM
I think people want to think there is mystery to life, so they'll believe whatever makes things seem more exciting.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2015, 05:50 AM
It's simply a survival instinct....

You're inclined to run away from lions, bears and tigers.... Not bunnies, puppies and kittens.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-04-2015, 05:55 AM
(11-04-2015 09:52 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  And subsequently, that made me think about how there seem to be dozens of shows revolving around horror things (ghosts, mostly) and how so totally super real they are, but there never seem to be shows about how so totally super real, say, fairies are.

They're out there. Check the History channel. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user