Are we taking bets on SCOTUS decision on Obamacare?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2012, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 03:08 PM by germanyt.)
Are we taking bets on SCOTUS decision on Obamacare?
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/26/justice/sc...?hpt=hp_t1

Apparently not a lot of people have faith that the Supreme Court will do the right thing. Half the country thinks they will follow politics rather than the law.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...?hpt=hp_t1

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...re-mandate

Looks like not a single judge views the penalty fine for not having insurance as a tax. That's strike one. The Obama administration was probably hoping they could pass it off as a tax and not a punishment.

Individual mandate talks begin tomorrow. Since it's clearly unconstitutional to force a citizen to purchase a product or service from a private company I'm confident that the individual mandate will be thrown out and the entire house of health care cards will collapse. Without the individual mandate this law is pretty much useless.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: Are we taking bets on SCOTUS decision on Obamacare?
The health care bill isn't universal healthcare like every other civilized nation on this planet, but it is at least helping people. Why do you want people to suffer for years and die?

I wish the democrats had the balls to ask that question, because its the only thing you would need to say to these money grubbing corrupt republicans.
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post
26-03-2012, 03:22 PM
(26-03-2012 03:16 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Why do you want people to suffer for years and die?

Yeah, that's what I want. I'm against a clearly unconstitutional law that destroys the health care quality we have in this country, raises premiums across the board by as much as double, risks the quality of doctors that come to the US to practice and make lots of money, adds trillions to the national debt, gives the federal government unimaginable reach into personal lives and health care decisions, and allows corporations to simply opt out or pay a lesser fine for not providing group health care all because I want people to suffer and die. WTF is wrong with you?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-03-2012, 03:25 PM
(26-03-2012 03:22 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(26-03-2012 03:16 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Why do you want people to suffer for years and die?

Yeah, that's what I want. I'm against a clearly unconstitutional law that destroys the health care quality we have in this country, raises premiums across the board by as much as double, risks the quality of doctors that come to the US to practice and make lots of money, adds trillions to the national debt, gives the federal government unimaginable reach into personal lives and health care decisions, and allows corporations to simply opt out or pay a lesser fine for not providing group health care all because I want people to suffer and die. WTF is wrong with you?
If any of that rambling was true, then you would have supported universal health care. However, considering you are up in arms over Ron Paul, I seriously doubt that to be the case.

45,000 Americans Die every year because they do not have health insurance, whilst untold thousands more suffer every day. This is not by any stretch of the imagination the best health care in the world for the majority of Americans.
26-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Not a single person who wants care dies from not having insurance. Any person can go to an emergency room or charity hospital and be seen without question. That may not be the best care and may not even be good enought to extend their life a few years longer but no one just dies from not having access to health care.

-Mark Twain
26-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Of course they do, a lot of people have to choose between financial ruin and going to the doctor.

The #1 cause of bankruptcy in the US is an unexpected health issue.
26-03-2012, 07:36 PM
(26-03-2012 03:22 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

Lol we have the worst healthcare out of ALL of the developed nation, yet we spend more than any other nation 17% GDP. You have no idea how beneficial this healthcare overhaul is. Also we make people buy car insurance from private companies. You might think they are different but they are really not, everybody needs healthcare because everyone will end up in a hospital. Do you know who you sound like? Herbert Hoover, during the great depression he wanted the charities to help the poor and for the government to do absolutely nothing. This is the president they named shanties after "Hoovervilles." he is regarded as one of the worst presidents.Charities can't do it all. Nobody expects them too, they don't have 42 billion. Yes this is the number uninsured people cost America in 2008. And an easy fix to the spending would be to increase taxes on the top 1% who you and your republicans seem to worship as gods.

You support Ron Paul so I won't expect you to listen. He wants to revert back to 19th century isolationist america. You have no idea how detrimental that is. Ron Paul is an idiot.
[+] 1 user Likes Indian's post
26-03-2012, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 09:52 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-03-2012 02:55 PM)germanyt Wrote:  http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/26/justice/sc...?hpt=hp_t1

Apparently not a lot of people have faith that the Supreme Court will do the right thing. Half the country thinks they will follow politics rather than the law.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...?hpt=hp_t1

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...re-mandate

Looks like not a single judge views the penalty fine for not having insurance as a tax. That's strike one. The Obama administration was probably hoping they could pass it off as a tax and not a punishment.

Individual mandate talks begin tomorrow. Since it's clearly unconstitutional to force a citizen to purchase a product or service from a private company I'm confident that the individual mandate will be thrown out and the entire house of health care cards will collapse. Without the individual mandate this law is pretty much useless.

So you don't buy car insurace ??, (cuz that's a mandated product, from a private company). If there is no expectation for people to have themselves insured, then there equally should be no expectation that when one walks into a hospital, (which there is now, or you can sue the pants off them), that they will provide care, no matter whether you can pay or not. They should put you back out on the street ? I think not. If you have rights, you have responsibilities.

I would like to propose a side bet on whether Clarence Thomas will say one word, or ask one question. Since the job of a judge is to sit very quietly, while others talk, he certainly does a great job. Perhaps one day, he will break his silence ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

26-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Facepalm.jpg

Noone is required to buy car insurance. Its only required to register a vehicle. If you don't own a car noone is fining you for it.

And I laugh at people thinking any health car law is a good one when it costs 2 trillion dollars. I might need to post this over at Worthy Christian where at least they make fiscal sense.

-Mark Twain
26-03-2012, 11:22 PM
(26-03-2012 11:15 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Facepalm.jpg

Noone is required to buy car insurance. Its only required to register a vehicle. If you don't own a car noone is fining you for it.

And I laugh at people thinking any health car law is a good one when it costs 2 trillion dollars. I might need to post this over at Worthy Christian where at least they make fiscal sense.
That is absolutely absurd. BUBBLE BOY!

Guess what? You own a human body, which is akin to the car in that analogy.

You are just pulling numbers out of a dark smelly orifice.

Go ahead, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. You and your cult friends can all get into your nice warm bubble and pretend your vision of reality makes a lick of sense.

EDIT: How can you even consider uttering the words 'fiscal sense' when you are so gung-ho about Ron Paul?