Are we taking bets on SCOTUS decision on Obamacare?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 12:06 PM
RE: Are we taking bets on SCOTUS decision on Obamacare?
(27-03-2012 12:00 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 11:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  He clearly won't win, so I really don't care. I know about his economic propositions, and as I have said before, they are very isolationist. Now, you can get in an argument and be defensive at the fact that I criticized your voting choice, but only know that I am a political moderate, and don't care about his Libertarianism, his campaign promises, or his ridiculous idea that the states should decide a good portion of law debates.

But you didn't criticize my voting choice. You suggest that I'm unaware of my candidates position. So unless you can explain to me why Ron Paul will make me homeless then why not just keep quiet? K buddy.
I quite clearly criticized your voting choice here and several more of your threads concerning politics.

Ron Paul claims to cut 1 trillion dollars from the government budget, receding from most foreign exchanges, and eliminating five entire government cabinet agencies. It will destroy the economy while it is already weak. You, me, and every other U.S citizen would be in the poop-chute.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
27-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Do you care to back up your claim with any form of evidence? Is that a Harry Reid quote or something? God forbid the government function the way it was designed to.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-03-2012, 01:04 PM
(27-03-2012 12:06 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 12:00 PM)germanyt Wrote:  But you didn't criticize my voting choice. You suggest that I'm unaware of my candidates position. So unless you can explain to me why Ron Paul will make me homeless then why not just keep quiet? K buddy.
I quite clearly criticized your voting choice here and several more of your threads concerning politics.

Ron Paul claims to cut 1 trillion dollars from the government budget, receding from most foreign exchanges, and eliminating five entire government cabinet agencies. It will destroy the economy while it is already weak. You, me, and every other U.S citizen would be in the poop-chute.
This is absolutely true. Why are you so obsessed with Ron Paul anyways? Even if you think he is a good choice, you are going way overboard with this whole thing. At the slightest mention of his name you go into hyper-awareness mode, and instantly attack anyone who dares criticize him in the slightest. Hobo

However, as logical humano said he is not a good choice. His economic policies are disastrous, and his social policies are very frightening as well. His economic opinion can best be described as a doomsday prophet. That is his only economic positions, predict doomsday scenarios in the economy to create fear and hysteria in his base. For example, in 1986 he predicted a depression, and in 2008 he predicted hyper-inflation.
27-03-2012, 01:19 PM
(27-03-2012 01:04 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 12:06 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I quite clearly criticized your voting choice here and several more of your threads concerning politics.

This is absolutely true. Why are you so obsessed with Ron Paul anyways? Even if you think he is a good choice, you are going way overboard with this whole thing. At the slightest mention of his name you go into hyper-awareness mode, and instantly attack anyone who dares criticize him in the slightest. Hobo

However, as logical humano said he is not a good choice. His economic policies are disastrous, and his social policies are very frightening as well. His economic opinion can best be described as a doomsday prophet. That is his only economic positions, predict doomsday scenarios in the economy to create fear and hysteria in his base. For example, in 1986 he predicted a depression, and in 2008 he predicted hyper-inflation.

It's because most on this forum aren't accurate on Ron Paul. Your username for example suggests that no matter the policy, if it's coming from someone with an R next to their name it's automatically a disaster. That's the absolute worst political philosophy one can have in my opinion. Logica only seems to want to insult my opinion because it's different and then doesn't even provide evidence for his claims. Just spouts off talking points and shapes his comments so they might rally others to agree with him. You I believe are just misinformed. Not so much looking to insult but can't help but bash him simply because he's Republican. It's okay though. I used to be a die hard Republican and acted very much the same way towards liberals. Over time my philosophy has changed and I'm now able to clearly see how and why I was that way. I've selected my candidate based on extensive research into his views. I don't agree with all of them but how many people agree 100% a candidate no matter what? The extreme right and extreme left maybe? But I hope we can agree that either right or left being extreme and disconnected from at least half the population is no way to be. At least not when it comes to running government. Ron Paul has a very clear plan for fixing the countries problems. Will everyone agree with him? Of course not. You've already made up your mind about that. But he runs on a positive message, has the most consistent voting record, and is by far the least involved with lobbying, corporations, unions, and Wall St. If I knew nothing else about Ron Paul his donations statistics would be enough to get my vote.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-03-2012, 01:27 PM
(27-03-2012 12:58 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Do you care to back up your claim with any form of evidence? Is that a Harry Reid quote or something? God forbid the government function the way it was designed to.
You clearly do not know anything about his economic plans if you do not believe me.

Wall Street Journal

Washington Post

Marketplace

MNN

CNN

So far, the only thing I agree with him on is his opinion on war. Overall, his plans are disastrous (no matter how "great" they would be in the long term).

27-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Back on topic.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/...t-hearing/

-Mark Twain
27-03-2012, 01:30 PM
(27-03-2012 01:28 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Back on topic.

What I find absolutely annoying is that the only links you provide are from Fox News, one of the most biased news networks in the U.S.

The only thing I disagree with "Obamacare" (a gruesome, unnecessary attack on the proposition) is that it is mandatory. Other than that, it is what every other Westernized country has or is moving towards.

27-03-2012, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 01:43 PM by germanyt.)
(27-03-2012 01:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-03-2012 12:58 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Do you care to back up your claim with any form of evidence? Is that a Harry Reid quote or something? God forbid the government function the way it was designed to.

You clearly do not know anything about his economic plans if you do not believe me.

Wall Street Journal

Washington Post

Marketplace

MNN

CNN

So far, the only thing I agree with him on is his opinion on war. Overall, his plans are disastrous (no matter how "great" they would be in the long term).

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me. I am very, very aware of each of the policies discussed in your articles and agree 100% with all of them with the exception of maybe environmental policy. I've reasearched it extensively but still haven't decided or seen anythign that makes me lean for or against it. So other than the 'liberal economist' that thinks Paul's budget cuts would collapse (Oh golly a liberal who doesn't want to spend less) the economy everything you posted was spot on. Thanks for helping prove my candidate is the best candidate.

(27-03-2012 01:30 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

What I find absolutely annoying is that the only links you provide are from Fox News, one of the most biased news networks in the U.S.

The only thing I disagree with "Obamacare" (a gruesome, unnecessary attack on the proposition) is that it is mandatory. Other than that, it is what every other Westernized country has or is moving towards.

First off, there are 3 links in the OP that aren't Fox News. Another reason is that I'm pretty limited on this computer becasue of a web filter and I work for a very conservative employer so....... Another is that while Fox News Network is heavily conservative the website is really not that bad other than the opinion and comments sections (which are flooded with network viewers). Same as MSNBC. A fine source as a website even with the liberal opinion it's network maintains.

And yet another is that I prefer the format of their webpage. It's structured more to my liking and doesn't cut off half of each page like CNN or MSNBC which require flash players for half the articles to show up.

-Mark Twain
27-03-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 02:10 PM by Antirepublican.)
(27-03-2012 01:28 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me. I am very, very aware of each of the policies discussed in your articles and agree 100% with all of them with the exception of maybe environmental policy. I've reasearched it extensively but still haven't decided or seen anythign that makes me lean for or against it. So other than the 'liberal economist' that thinks Paul's budget cuts would collapse (Oh golly a liberal who doesn't want to spend less) the economy everything you posted was spot on. Thanks for helping prove my candidate is the best candidate.
So, you admit you know nothing about economics.

(27-03-2012 01:30 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

No, I have seen him provide other sources as well in other threads, but they seem to be even less credible than fox news if that is possible.
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post
27-03-2012, 02:14 PM
(27-03-2012 02:05 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  No, I have seen him provide other sources as well in other threads, but they seem to be even less credible than fox news if that is possible.

Like what? CNN, MSNBC, Factcheck.org? NPR, NYTimes, BBC? Washington Post, Huffington Post, the Baton Rouge Advocate?

These are all sites I frequent and I copy links and articles from all of them. When I find an article that appears on numerous sources I post the one from the site that I prefer the layout of. I'm pretty big on aesthetics.

-Mark Twain