Are women more emotional than men?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 09:37 AM
My question is:

If they more emotional than men, how do they show it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2016, 09:46 AM
RE: Are women more emotional than men?
Might as well ask: "what do women want"? Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
16-03-2016, 09:50 AM
(16-03-2016 09:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  Might as well ask: "what do women want"? Tongue

You mean other than chocolate? Wink

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
16-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Every single thing a man or woman does is emotionally driven. I'd say the nature of our emotions differ as a general rule. The reasons they differ, nature vs. nurture, is highly debatable.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
16-03-2016, 09:54 AM
I already provided you with references and a link with the answer to this question in the last thread. The answer is "it depends", (which of course you might assume).
Reality is complex. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-03-2016, 09:55 AM
(16-03-2016 09:52 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Every single thing a man or woman does is emotionally driven. I'd say the nature of our emotions differ as a general rule. The reasons they differ, nature vs. nurture, is highly debatable.
I understand what you are saying, however, I am not asking if men and women are emotional. I already assumed that we are. I'm interested in knowing If you think one gender is more emotional than the other, & if so how is it shown in their behaviour.
16-03-2016, 09:58 AM
(16-03-2016 09:54 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I already provided you with references and a link with the answer to this question in the last thread. The answer is "it depends", (which of course you might assume).
Reality is complex. Facepalm
I don't quite follow what you were saying in that thread. Hopefully this thread will help me understand it better.
16-03-2016, 10:03 AM
I think men and women are both emotional but women show their emotions more. It's closer to the surface.

And is this a problem? I don't see it that way. Men could learn a thing or two from women. Have a good cry guys, at least once a month. You'll feel much better.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-03-2016, 10:07 AM
(16-03-2016 09:55 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:52 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Every single thing a man or woman does is emotionally driven. I'd say the nature of our emotions differ as a general rule. The reasons they differ, nature vs. nurture, is highly debatable.
I understand what you are saying, however, I am not asking if men and women are emotional. I already assumed that we are. I'm interested in knowing If you think one gender is more emotional than the other, & if so how is it shown in their behaviour.

If my girlfriend and I see a problem and we opt to conform to our stereotypical roles, and her response is to start crying and collapse into the fetal position and my response is to grab a club and crush it while screaming obscenities, the two responses, though quite different, are both emotional in nature. Logic only comes into play as we attempt to find ways to rationalize and achieve our purely emotional objectives. In that regards, I'd say no. Women are not more emotional than men. Though how we express our emotions and the directions they take us differ greatly for a number of reasons.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-03-2016, 10:09 AM
(16-03-2016 10:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think men and women are both emotional but women show their emotions more. It's closer to the surface.

And is this a problem? I don't see it that way. Men could learn a thing or two from women. Have a good cry guys, at least once a month. You'll feel much better.
I did't say it was a problem. Why would anyone see it as a problem?
For now:
I'm only interested in being able to spot the differences in opposite genders. As for it's usefulness, that's another topic.