Are women more emotional than men?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: Are women more emotional than men?
(16-03-2016 01:47 PM)carol Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 12:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Well, quite.

Great video
I like kittens...
so soft and fluffy
Heart

How come I am double posting? This has happened once before...computer error or user error...you decide...

I blame your overly strong emotions on the matter at hand.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-03-2016, 10:04 PM
(16-03-2016 09:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 01:47 PM)carol Wrote:  Great video
I like kittens...
so soft and fluffy
Heart

How come I am double posting? This has happened once before...computer error or user error...you decide...

I blame your overly strong emotions on the matter at hand.

You DOG! That was gonna be MY response! Tongue Love ya, Carol, but you gotta stop asking leading questions...oh, wait...Facepalm
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
16-03-2016, 10:10 PM
...as far as the original question, I believe that emotional response is pretty much butter- spread across the sexes. I've had my share of berserker moments in my life, and have been played that way, by siblings, cohorts and others. It takes a while to learn how to respond in a way that the response is such that the tormentors leave you alone. This can take a lifetime for some of us; some learn it early on. Different types of intelligence, not a lack of intelligence.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-03-2016, 02:51 AM
(16-03-2016 09:25 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 04:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I have become suspicious of these questions you are asking. The one about homosexuality, this one about women etc.

You are a xian. Correct?

Your religion demeans both homosexuals and women. Correct?

Are you asking these question in order to justify your religion's prejudice? Thereby justifying your own?
I am Agnostic & for the most part just the average skeptic. I don't lean on any side of the fence except wherever logic leads me.
I don't justify my beliefs because I barely believe anything can be absolutely certain & it really doesn't bug me that much to have a belief in the first place.
If that's what you think a XIAN is then I guess you can call me that, but I don't think I'm a Xian

Apart from the average "asshole" label I have been labelled the following so far:
Christian
Solipsist
Gnostic Agnostic
Academic Skeptic
Atheist
& now Xian

Be sure to check the "What am I?" thread to find a good label that fits.

They can't all be right, can they?

Does it hurt you much when you get labeled by strangers on an internet forum?
You seem to be quite emotional regarding this.

Are you probably female? Or probably want to be female? Consider
17-03-2016, 05:50 AM
(16-03-2016 11:26 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 11:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Can you provide some examples of what you mean by a heightened emotional response.

Like the heightened emotional response when watching videos of puppies, by different sexes? The heightened emotional response when watching someone in pain?

The heightened emotional response when eating a good piece of chocolate cake? When having an orgasm?
I don't have any research before me to prove my suspicion but both genders would be prone to Certain heightened emotional responses based on which hormone is dominant at the time estrogen or testosterone.
Hypothethetical example.
In a situation where my son was running and fell down and damaged his knee in the house I would be more angry (probably shouting) at this than his mom who would run go to pick him up and comfort him while crying for him.
They are both heightened emotions from being in a state of little or no emotions a few minutes before.
It's quite possible to be sad and angry at the same time, but not quite common I think.

My question would have been better asked like this:

Are women prone to be more emotional than men with regards to specific types of emotions?
What are the emotions that women are more prone to than men?

1. Your example shows only that your wife is not letting her emotions get in the way of action, while you are disabled by your emotional reaction and doing nothing useful. This is not a trait that is more female or more male, it is simply a problem that the person prone to should identify and work on improving. If your typical reaction to strong emotion is paralysis (e.g., anger and shouting, but no useful action), then you should take steps to become a more dependable partner and father. That is assuming that you want to be a good partner/father and aren't just trying to excuse your behavior rather than take responsibility for it. Very Indigo Child, if that is the case--there's a label you might want to explore. It was a fad in the late '90s/early '00s used by parents to excuse exceptionally entitled children.

My husband's reaction in similar circumstances has always been comfort and care; so has mine. Neither husband nor I would be crying while we provided the comfort.

2. It is quite common to be sad and angry at the same time.

3. Are women prone to be more emotional than men with regards to specific types of emotions? Not that I have seen or experienced. Are there emotions that women are more prone to than men? Not that I have seen or experienced.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
17-03-2016, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2016 06:57 AM by carol.)
(16-03-2016 11:26 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 11:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Can you provide some examples of what you mean by a heightened emotional response.

Like the heightened emotional response when watching videos of puppies, by different sexes? The heightened emotional response when watching someone in pain?

The heightened emotional response when eating a good piece of chocolate cake? When having an orgasm?
I don't have any research before me to prove my suspicion but both genders would be prone to Certain heightened emotional responses based on which hormone is dominant at the time estrogen or testosterone.
Hypothethetical example.
In a situation where my son was running and fell down and damaged his knee in the house I would be more angry (probably shouting) at this than his mom who would run go to pick him up and comfort him while crying for him.
They are both heightened emotions from being in a state of little or no emotions a few minutes before.
It's quite possible to be sad and angry at the same time, but not quite common I think.

My question would have been better asked like this:

Are women prone to be more emotional than men with regards to specific types of emotions?
What are the emotions that women are more prone to than men?

Neuro-typical people usually feel a variety of many different complex and conceptual emotions at the same time, and can differentiate them. If you thought about it, you may be feeling many emotions at once, and respond by yelling because you are afraid he may have hurt himself ( fear for his well being) and annoyed that he ran in the house...as anger feeling is often interwoven with feelings of fear and pain...it is possible that you are not good at determining what emotions you are feeling...and label the feelings as anger when they may be more than one type of feeling. Anger is an easy feeling to determine- it has strong physical components. Some other feelings are harder for some people with autism to determine- but many autistic people feel them, regardless...if you think of different feelings having many different layers, and they all combine to create specific groups of feelings, it may give you a better idea of what I mean. In many cases, people feel hurt first, ( someone hurt you or someone you love) and sad ( your loved one is hurt) and then respond with feeling anger-it takes a split second for them to combine. That is why you need to not respond with anger, wait until you are able to understand what you are feeling and make a better choice using the variety of different feelings you have and also good parenting techniques that are age appropriate as information... and of course comfort your child instead of responding with anger, which was just an emotional and fear based response...it would be a good idea to get some parenting books so you will not respond by anger and yelling or crying... it is a situation that should be handled calmly.
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
17-03-2016, 08:14 AM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-03-2016, 08:48 AM
(16-03-2016 09:25 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 04:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I have become suspicious of these questions you are asking. The one about homosexuality, this one about women etc.

You are a xian. Correct?

Your religion demeans both homosexuals and women. Correct?

Are you asking these question in order to justify your religion's prejudice? Thereby justifying your own?
I am Agnostic & for the most part just the average skeptic. I don't lean on any side of the fence except wherever logic leads me.
I don't justify my beliefs because I barely believe anything can be absolutely certain & it really doesn't bug me that much to have a belief in the first place.
If that's what you think a XIAN is then I guess you can call me that, but I don't think I'm a Xian

Apart from the average "asshole" label I have been labelled the following so far:
Christian
Solipsist
Gnostic Agnostic
Academic Skeptic
Atheist
& now Xian

Thing is that your questions seem to be leading, and you seem to be wanting to steer in some direction. Once that is accomplished, you'll trot out what you had been going for all along.

Of course now you may not want to do that...

Next time, just post your conclusions/links in the first place. Drinking Beverage

Xtians often try to do this - steer the conversation in a certain direction and then show their cards. It never works.

If that was not what you had in mind, there is something about your delivery that doesn't ring right. What is it? And why are people calling you asshole?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
17-03-2016, 08:52 AM
(17-03-2016 08:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:25 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I am Agnostic & for the most part just the average skeptic. I don't lean on any side of the fence except wherever logic leads me.

Christian
Solipsist
Gnostic Agnostic
Academic Skeptic
Atheist
& now Xian

Thing is that your questions seem to be leading, and you seem to be wanting to steer in some direction. Once that is accomplished, you'll trot out what you had been going for all along.

Next time, just post your conclusions/links in the first place. Drinking Beverage

Xtians often try to do this - steer the conversation in a certain direction and then show their cards. It never works.

If that was not what you had in mind, there is something about your delivery that doesn't ring right. What is it? And why are people calling you asshole?

[Image: 3c36c7f.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-03-2016, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2016 04:03 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(17-03-2016 08:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:25 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I am Agnostic & for the most part just the average skeptic. I don't lean on any side of the fence except wherever logic leads me.

Christian
Solipsist
Gnostic Agnostic
Academic Skeptic
Atheist
& now Xian

What is it leading to, and did you arrive at that assumption based on your own personal experience?
Would you post a conclusion to a question if you didn't have one? Why not post possibilities and see which ones get thrown out and which ones seem more plausible?
Do you think if a person lists a possibility in his explanation it means he already made a conclusion?