Are you a UK citizen?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Are you a UK citizen?
If so you may want to sign this petition:

Quote:This petition calls for the Dis-Establishment of the Church of England, the end of the Bishops' automatic seat in the House of Lords, the removal of religious ceremony from our Government institutions and the end of State-subsidised faith schools. There should be no State-sanctioned religious privilege.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2011, 05:59 AM
RE: Are you a UK citizen?
Did you start the petition? If so good thinking. If this petition gets to 100,000 signatures watch as all the religious leaders condemn it as blasphemous and persecution against them. Another band wagon they'll jump on without full understanding it.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
13-08-2011, 08:49 AM
signed it mate. you should spam this ever needs as much publicity as it can get.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
13-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Signed! Can't ever see it happening unfortunately but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-08-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm not a citizen of the UK but if I was I would sign the petition, although it would be for a different reason from most of the others on this forum. I am opposed to the idea of an established church because of the harm that such a relationship does to the church. The church looks to the government rather than to God for help and a lot of people who don't believe all that the church teaches join it anyway because of the social and political advantages of membership. In addition, outsiders identify the church with any bad actions taken by the government and this gives outsiders a false idea of what Christianity is.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
13-08-2011, 09:55 AM
(13-08-2011 09:50 AM)theophilus Wrote:  I'm not a citizen of the UK but if I was I would sign the petition, although it would be for a different reason from most of the others on this forum. I am opposed to the idea of an established church because of the harm that such a relationship does to the church. The church looks to the government rather than to God for help and a lot of people who don't believe all that the church teaches join it anyway because of the social and political advantages of membership. In addition, outsiders identify the church with any bad actions taken by the government and this gives outsiders a false idea of what Christianity is.

Yes if disestablishment was achieved that would probably help revive the Church of England. I would not see that as a good thing, but I would see it as a small cost for greater fairness in the British social space.