Poll: Are you a big pm-er?
No, don't use it at all
Hardly ever use it
Sometimes
All the time
Octopus
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Are you a big pm-er?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Are you a big pm-er?
Pm's private messages etc. Do you use that feature on here?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2017, 10:20 PM
RE: Are you a big pm-er?
(07-11-2017 10:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Pm's private messages etc. Do you use that feature on here?

Once in awhile, but I'd rather take private messages off the forum. As with any messaging service that is hosted on a private server (as TTA is), I have to imagine that anyone with shell access has the ability to view any and all private messages that are sent and stored on TTA's server. Whether TTA admins do it or not is not in question for me. I believe they don't do it, but I still feel more comfortable keeping lengthy private messages off the forum, particularly with subjects that are highly sensitive (like my peanut butter addiction).

Idea Speaking of peanut butter....
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
07-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Not often but I should do it more. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
07-11-2017, 11:01 PM
Sometimes. Once in a while something is going on and I need to pm someone on the forum. I've PM-ed Bucky Ball a couple of time to ask about some specific information on Bible history. He's a funny guy.

It's a nice feature to have.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-11-2017, 11:05 PM
I almost never use it, but that’s because I have no relationships on here. I can tell you I light up when I click on View New Posts and I see that yellow bar across the top that says I have a message.

Cool

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
07-11-2017, 11:27 PM
(07-11-2017 10:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Pm's private messages etc. Do you use that feature on here?

Not since you stopped PMing me

[Image: r0YIr9R.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
07-11-2017, 11:38 PM
Not very often at all.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-11-2017, 12:16 AM
I use it sometimes. I'm always happy for anyone to PM me, about anything that's on their mind Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
08-11-2017, 12:24 AM
(07-11-2017 10:20 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Once in awhile, but I'd rather take private messages off the forum. As with any messaging service that is hosted on a private server (as TTA is), I have to imagine that anyone with shell access has the ability to view any and all private messages that are sent and stored on TTA's server.

I asked Deep Thought about that years ago, he said then there was no easy way for him or Seth (the only two with server access) to gain access to private messages on the forum. He basically said that he had no idea how to do it, and had no interest in figuring it out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-11-2017, 12:57 AM
(08-11-2017 12:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 10:20 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Once in awhile, but I'd rather take private messages off the forum. As with any messaging service that is hosted on a private server (as TTA is), I have to imagine that anyone with shell access has the ability to view any and all private messages that are sent and stored on TTA's server.

I asked Deep Thought about that years ago, he said then there was no easy way for him or Seth (the only two with server access) to gain access to private messages on the forum. He basically said that he had no idea how to do it, and had no interest in figuring it out.

Yeah, I seriously don't think anyone here is doing it deliberately. It's the little shit hacker kid who'll figure it out. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post