Poll: Are you a big pm-er?
No, don't use it at all
Hardly ever use it
Sometimes
All the time
Octopus
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Are you a big pm-er?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Are you a big pm-er?
(08-11-2017 12:57 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I asked Deep Thought about that years ago, he said then there was no easy way for him or Seth (the only two with server access) to gain access to private messages on the forum. He basically said that he had no idea how to do it, and had no interest in figuring it out.

Yeah, I seriously don't think anyone here is doing it deliberately. It's the little shit hacker kid who'll figure it out. Dodgy

I worry more about google. A while back I was emailing a friend, and suddenly I started getting ads for the shit we were talking about -- No it wasn't one of those conversations -- this was about chemical free cleaning products.

It is entirely possible that google knows more about me than my man does.

But seriously, there's plenty more shit that keeps me awake at night than PMs and emails.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-11-2017, 04:41 AM
I dont PM a whole lot, but have done in the past. I don't really have like "private" conversations or anything, just minor comments between friends, normally to say hi or that something has been posted or whatever Smile

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
08-11-2017, 05:29 AM
I'm still relatively new here (long time listener, first time caller so to speak), so don't really have anyone to PM!

What's the difference between a cow and religion?

You can't milk a cow for 2000 years...
[+] 3 users Like Gruntsky's post
08-11-2017, 05:36 AM
Are you a big pm-er?
PM? From time to time.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-11-2017, 06:08 AM
(07-11-2017 11:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 10:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Pm's private messages etc. Do you use that feature on here?

Not since you stopped PMing me

[Image: r0YIr9R.gif]

Tongue Awwww I'll send you some more.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
08-11-2017, 06:22 AM
(08-11-2017 06:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 11:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Not since you stopped PMing me

[Image: r0YIr9R.gif]

Tongue Awwww I'll send you some more.

Yay!

[Image: 04wMb_s-200x150.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
08-11-2017, 07:13 AM
(08-11-2017 12:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 10:20 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Once in awhile, but I'd rather take private messages off the forum. As with any messaging service that is hosted on a private server (as TTA is), I have to imagine that anyone with shell access has the ability to view any and all private messages that are sent and stored on TTA's server.

I asked Deep Thought about that years ago, he said then there was no easy way for him or Seth (the only two with server access) to gain access to private messages on the forum. He basically said that he had no idea how to do it, and had no interest in figuring it out.

I have had server access at other message boards for years and years and never once saw a way to access private messages. The only thing I saw was a way to limit the number of messages that can be kept in your box, and that was an option in the admin back end.

Really, why would one want to read them? Google just reads everything so they can best sell stuff.

Most of my messages are related to being mod and handling complaints.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-11-2017, 08:21 AM
I use that function from time to time.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
08-11-2017, 08:26 AM
I'll respond to PMs when I get them, but I honestly can't remember if I've ever sent one that wasn't a response. If so, this happens very seldom.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-11-2017, 08:27 AM
Occasionally, but not consistently. But like WillHopp said, it's like getting a present when you have that PM message waiting! Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post