Are you a slave if you can choose your master?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Are you a slave if you can choose your master?
Slavery throughout history has existed in every culture in many different ways.
The most modern recognized form of world wide slavery (Bonded Slavery), from the 1400's to the 1800's gave empires the economic riches to be able to enter the industrial revolution.
During the late 1700's and early 1800's Adam Smith wrote about how paid wage labor (slavery) was starting to be cheaper and more profitiable to employ than was slave labor which was beginning to go out of style. A bonded slave at that time was bonded to his work place and his master unless he was sold to another master to be bonded to. This slave had his meals and housing paid for by the slave. When bonded slavery ended in most of the industrial world this excess of wealth that used to have to be spent on maintaining slaves was no longer spent on bonded slaves. Under the newer wage slavery a slave could choose his master and this master was not responsible for providing any housing or food to the wage slave, the wages were not decided upon by the wage slave, and in order for the wage slave to exist he had to enter into a non equal business relationship with other masters that sold goods in stores. The money that the masters gave their wage slaves was always gauranteed to come back to them as the wage slaves needed to buy their own goods.

This form of slavery is much more profitable than the old one, hence this is why wage slavery is now the popular form of slavery.

Next Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 04:44 AM
RE: Are you a slave if you can choose your master?
Are you a wage slave I&I?
I've always thought of you as unemployed.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
30-05-2013, 05:17 AM
(30-05-2013 04:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Are you a wage slave I&I?
I've always thought of you as unemployed.

I am a slave to my hot bitches...
Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
30-05-2013, 05:45 AM
So you blame the system as to your unemployment?

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
30-05-2013, 05:56 AM
(30-05-2013 05:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So you blame the system as to your unemployment?

No, it's called knowing where your questions are going.
I tell you I am employed, then you ask where, then you don't get an answer, then you make assumptions.

Your opinions on wage slavery, good or bad.
30-05-2013, 06:08 AM
I'll have to go slave for wages, soon. Doesn't bother me, but....
sometimes I do feel like I sold my soul to the company store Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
30-05-2013, 06:16 AM
(30-05-2013 05:56 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 05:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So you blame the system as to your unemployment?

No, it's called knowing where your questions are going.
I tell you I am employed, then you ask where, then you don't get an answer, then you make assumptions.

Alright, I wont ask where (because it's probably McDonalds, and I can understand about not wanting to share that), are you employed or unemployed?

As for my opinion? Well, I want to own my own business because I can't stand working for some douche bag. I think you will find our opinions on wage slavery are not entirely as different as you'd expect.

30-05-2013, 06:20 AM
(30-05-2013 06:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 05:56 AM)I and I Wrote:  No, it's called knowing where your questions are going.

Alright, I wont ask where (because it's probably McDonalds, and I can understand about not wanting to share that), are you employed or unemployed?

As for my opinion? Well, I want to own my own business because I can't stand working for some douche bag. I think you will find our opinions on wage slavery are not entirely as different as you'd expect.

So you are for the wage slave system only if you happen to be the one that isn't a wage slave.
30-05-2013, 06:28 AM
(30-05-2013 06:20 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 06:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright, I wont ask where (because it's probably McDonalds, and I can understand about not wanting to share that), are you employed or unemployed?

So you are for the wage slave system only if you happen to be the one that isn't a wage slave.

Bingo.

But what alternatives to wages would you suggest anyway?

30-05-2013, 07:22 AM
(30-05-2013 06:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 06:20 AM)I and I Wrote:  So you are for the wage slave system only if you happen to be the one that isn't a wage slave.

Bingo.

But what alternatives to wages would you suggest anyway?

Lets go back to the barter system.

That worked well: You were paid for your works in a useful manner, and those who didn't contribute to society would soon begin dying off in droves because they'd have nothing to barter because they made no contributions.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.