Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2016, 07:24 AM
Are you a snob?
I am. I am a fruit snob. Luckily I have them growing here for free and so I can afford utmost snobbiness.

Blackberries are at their best when they are a little rubbery to the touch, the shine is getting a bit dull and they slide off effortlessly. Then they have just the right amount of sweetness and acidity, that perfect ripeness where they melt on your tongue. Picking them and taking them into the house is out, because by the time you get there they will have lost texture and they will lose flavor by the minute. So, every morning my walk takes me by blackberry bushes and I stop and eat... much of the time it becomes breakfast because I cannot stop until I am full. I pick only the perfect ones and the rest will be perfect another day.

I can't even eat the store bought ones, they have no flavor at all.

I am a snob regarding all fruit and buying fruit in the supermarket is only ok if I watch the season for things - there are windows of time every year when specific fruit (or veggies) will be as perfect as they can be under the conditions. I am also a tomato snob and a coffee snob. And a beer snob. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-09-2016, 07:38 AM
RE: Are you a snob?
I s'pose I am a snob in many ways, if that means I have little time for pretentious fools. Bit too much like looking in the mirror and seeing all the things you dislike about yourself?

TV snob (when I had one), book snob, film snob, clothes snob, restaurant snob . . .

Damn, I'm a snob snob!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
05-09-2016, 09:08 AM
(05-09-2016 07:38 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  I s'pose I am a snob in many ways, if that means I have little time for pretentious fools. Bit too much like looking in the mirror and seeing all the things you dislike about yourself?

TV snob (when I had one), book snob, film snob, clothes snob, restaurant snob . . .

Damn, I'm a snob snob!

Hooooo boy, did I used to be a snob! But now I actively try not to be a snob... why just the other night I ate at an Olive Garden. Yes
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
05-09-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm a snob for pseudoscience bullshit. When I hear someone say something like "I'm going on a toxin cleansing diet," it's all I can do not to yell at them. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
05-09-2016, 09:51 AM
(05-09-2016 09:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 07:38 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  I s'pose I am a snob in many ways, if that means I have little time for pretentious fools. Bit too much like looking in the mirror and seeing all the things you dislike about yourself?

Damn, I'm a snob snob!

Hooooo boy, did I used to be a snob! But now I actively try not to be a snob... why just the other night I ate at an Olive Garden. Yes

Hahahaha. Laugh out load That's kind of a left handed compliment for the Olive Garden.

I'm a snob about some things and not about others. I'm not in anyway a food snob. And I'm certainly not a wine snob since I can't stand the taste of wine but I AM a clothing snob. I don't understand why people can't dress decently. I've seen younger women at the supermarket dressed in pajamas. They couldn't take the time to put on a pair of jeans but had enough time to fuss over their makeup enough to add an eyeliner wing? Drives me nuts.

I'm also a snob about being educated. I don't understand, in this day and age of computers and access to information, why people are so damned stupid. Drives me nuts too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-09-2016, 10:22 AM
(05-09-2016 09:11 AM)cactus Wrote:  I'm a snob for pseudoscience bullshit. When I hear someone say something like "I'm going on a toxin cleansing diet," it's all I can do not to yell at them. Laugh out load

I'm like that, too. Laugh out load

I'm probably a snob about fonts/typefaces.

☆☆☆
05-09-2016, 10:33 AM
(05-09-2016 09:51 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 09:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Hooooo boy, did I used to be a snob! But now I actively try not to be a snob... why just the other night I ate at an Olive Garden. Yes

Hahahaha. Laugh out load That's kind of a left handed compliment for the Olive Garden.

I'm a snob about some things and not about others. I'm not in anyway a food snob. And I'm certainly not a wine snob since I can't stand the taste of wine but I AM a clothing snob. I don't understand why people can't dress decently. I've seen younger women at the supermarket dressed in pajamas. They couldn't take the time to put on a pair of jeans but had enough time to fuss over their makeup enough to add an eyeliner wing? Drives me nuts.

I'm also a snob about being educated. I don't understand, in this day and age of computers and access to information, why people are so damned stupid. Drives me nuts too.

I'm not a clothing snob, actually. I used to be... before I paid my own bills. Now, most of the stuff in my closet comes from JC Penney and Ann Taylor Loft.
05-09-2016, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 10:48 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
I have very narrow musical tastes, but I don't consider any genre to be the "best". I'm also not a fan of "potty humor", but mainly because it's too easy to come up with and I think it's highly overused.

05-09-2016, 10:48 AM
(05-09-2016 10:44 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I have very narrow musical tastes, but I don't consider any genre to be the "best". I'm also not a fan of "potty humor", but mainly because it's too easy to come up with.

You do! You're a certified, grade A music snob connoisseur. I know I can rely on you to provide me with the best stuff if I'm in a listening sort of mood.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
05-09-2016, 10:53 AM
(05-09-2016 10:48 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 10:44 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I have very narrow musical tastes, but I don't consider any genre to be the "best". I'm also not a fan of "potty humor", but mainly because it's too easy to come up with.

You do! You're a certified, grade A music snob connoisseur. I know I can rely on you to provide me with the best stuff if I'm in a listening sort of mood.

Good point.

Where does the connoisseur end and the snob begin?

I think I am more a connoisseur than a snob, since I don't look down on anyone who has different likes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post