Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
I'm a food snob. I only buy food that is high quality and read the ingredients of pretty much everything. I won't even settle for regular ketchup.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
27-07-2017, 01:21 PM
I feel like I'm a snob when it comes to movies and TV. I'm very picky about what I watch and it takes a large amount of effort before I'll commit to watching anything. I can quickly tell if it's going to be shit, too. If I'm forced to watch it it I'll make a lot of sarcastic comments and generally ruin the whole experience for anyone else who is around.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
27-07-2017, 02:43 PM
(27-07-2017 12:54 PM)Loom Wrote:  I'm a food snob. I only buy food that is high quality and read the ingredients of pretty much everything. I won't even settle for regular ketchup.

I like high quality food too but not organic, that's just an excuse to sell overpriced stunted malformed vegetables at massively over inflated prices. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-07-2017, 05:08 PM
(26-07-2017 05:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 04:35 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Snobbery is about attitude.

That's not how this thread is meant. That's why I gave examples of turning my nose up at starbucks and tomatoes, not the people who prefer them.

Ah, I see: a snob about snobbery. Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
27-07-2017, 05:11 PM
(26-07-2017 05:29 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I don't think I'm a beer snob but I feel like a beer snob. I'll be at the convenience store and the guy in front of me has a twelve pack of Busch and the guy behind me will have a six of Milwaukee's Best and somebody will have a couple Natty Light singles or whatever and I'm standing there with my precious six pack of Coors it's so fucking embarrassing. I just want to disappear into the floor and I have this uncomfortable feeling everybody's rolling their eyes at me and they just want to yank my underwear up around my head.

No seriously, I'll drink any cold beer but I prefer Blue Moons or Red Stripes (Red Stripes are really good) and I do feel a bit snooty buying them.

There was a time, before Coors was available everywhere, when if you had Coors in upstate NY, you could name your price for a can of the precious stuff. (To get it pretty much required a round trip to Colorado.)

And people would pay your price, and boast about it. Now that was snobbery.

--
Dr H

[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
27-07-2017, 05:16 PM
(26-07-2017 05:32 PM)Vera Wrote:  Oh, oh, I just have to (good 'un, Girly, btw! [Image: chocala.gif])

"deactivated formaggio"

LOL Laugh out load

--
Dr H

27-07-2017, 05:36 PM
(27-07-2017 06:34 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 04:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Unless it is water, please avoid drinking inorganic substances.

Heh. So no carbonation, and nothing with salt? Okay, maybe not - especially in coffee. Sadcryface
But I also like my coffee without the inorganic pesticide residue. Drinking Beverage

Ah, but the very best pesticides are organic: endosulfan, diazinon, methyl parathion . . . organophosphates, one and all.

<ducks>

Wink

--
Dr H

27-07-2017, 06:01 PM
BTW, "snob" has a special meaning in Oregon: the Society of Native Oregon Born.

To become a member one either has to have been born in Oregon, or lived in the state continuously for 50 years or more.

By those criteria I am, alas, not a snob.

Wink

--
Dr H

27-07-2017, 06:08 PM
(27-07-2017 05:11 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 05:29 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I don't think I'm a beer snob but I feel like a beer snob. I'll be at the convenience store and the guy in front of me has a twelve pack of Busch and the guy behind me will have a six of Milwaukee's Best and somebody will have a couple Natty Light singles or whatever and I'm standing there with my precious six pack of Coors it's so fucking embarrassing. I just want to disappear into the floor and I have this uncomfortable feeling everybody's rolling their eyes at me and they just want to yank my underwear up around my head.

No seriously, I'll drink any cold beer but I prefer Blue Moons or Red Stripes (Red Stripes are really good) and I do feel a bit snooty buying them.

There was a time, before Coors was available everywhere, when if you had Coors in upstate NY, you could name your price for a can of the precious stuff. (To get it pretty much required a round trip to Colorado.)

For Coors? Yowza!

Of course, I can remember when the beer selection in many stores was Schlitz, Bud, Strohs and Miller, so I guess I can see it.
27-07-2017, 06:27 PM
(27-07-2017 06:08 PM)julep Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 05:11 PM)Dr H Wrote:  There was a time, before Coors was available everywhere, when if you had Coors in upstate NY, you could name your price for a can of the precious stuff. (To get it pretty much required a round trip to Colorado.)

For Coors? Yowza!

Of course, I can remember when the beer selection in many stores was Schlitz, Bud, Strohs and Miller, so I guess I can see it.

Interesting...long as I can remember (in Houston area) the "big three" were always bud, coors, and miller. Then there were various cheaper brands. Schlitz was very popular. We didn't have Weideman or Hudepohl (misspelled I'm sure) but those were big with family in midwest.