Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2017, 03:18 AM
RE: Are you a snob?
No way! I'm too good to be a snob.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
28-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Are you a snob?
I am a beer (IPA) snob. Everything else I'm pretty chill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
28-07-2017, 07:53 AM
I'm an art supply snob. It has to be the best artist, museum level quality all the way. Nothing just decent.
Otherwise I don't think I'm a snob about things. At least I hope not.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
28-07-2017, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2017 08:00 AM by TurkeyBurner.)
Beer and coffee... and to a certain degree, food.
For beer, I am not terribly picky other than I would simply drink water before I'd drink Bud, Coors, Michelob, Nasty Lite, and the like. Given the choice, I'll pick the local brew over the mass market brew just to support the little guys.
Regarding coffee, I love freshly roasted and ground medium (city+, for the true coffee snobs) roasted beans, with a few darker (full city+) beans tossed in for just hint of extra sweetness. Given the choice, I'll pick the fair trade beans over the mass market ones just to support the little guys. I brew using a Chemex and finish my cup off with about 3 tablespoons of frothed whole milk.
Now, all that said, if someone else is buying, brewing, or cooking then I never complain. I simply have my preferences and if it is up to me I do it the way I like it.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
28-07-2017, 09:00 AM
(28-07-2017 07:57 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  For beer, I am not terribly picky other than I would simply drink water before I'd drink Bud, Coors, Michelob, Nasty Lite, and the like.

The major difference between water and Coors is that water is cheaper.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
28-07-2017, 10:19 AM
(28-07-2017 09:00 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 07:57 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  For beer, I am not terribly picky other than I would simply drink water before I'd drink Bud, Coors, Michelob, Nasty Lite, and the like.

The major difference between water and Coors is that water is cheaper.

Big Grin

I'll defend Coors for a second but it's going to be a very back-handed compliment. Sometimes I'm in the mood for beer-flavored water. If I'm doing a lot of hot yardwork for example it's nice to down a few cold ones and not worry about a buzz or headache.
Course I would be smarter to just take empty Coors cans, fill them with water, and put them in fridge that way when I'm done with yardwork I can be all "Oh Fuck yeah, got some beer left!"

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
28-07-2017, 01:00 PM
I'm a beer snob. I can't stand Miller, Bud and that sort of beer. I always go for locally brewed or other draft beer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like Jigsaw's post
28-07-2017, 01:37 PM
(28-07-2017 01:00 PM)Jigsaw Wrote:  I'm a beer snob. I can't stand Miller, Bud and that sort of beer. I always go for locally brewed or other draft beer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It would have been funnier if you had it ...."Sent from my LUXURY-YACHT 150-FT" Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Definitely a coffee snob. I drink it strong and black, so shitty coffee isn't an option. Whole beans from Black Rifle Coffee which I hand grind, and never more than 2 or 3 days worth at a time. And I don't taint it with cream or sugar.

Unless I'm forced, for whatever reason, to resort to crappy coffee. On those rare occasions, I may opt to turn it into a cup of caffeinated syrup in order to get it down.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-07-2017, 02:15 PM
And boots. Bates or Rocky's only.

'Murican Canadian