Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2017, 02:24 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
(28-07-2017 02:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Definitely a coffee snob. I drink it strong and black, so shitty coffee isn't an option. Whole beans from Black Rifle Coffee which I hand grind, and never more than 2 or 3 days worth at a time. And I don't taint it with cream or sugar.

Unless I'm forced, for whatever reason, to resort to crappy coffee. On those rare occasions, I may opt to turn it into a cup of caffeinated syrup in order to get it down.

Haha, yes, me too. If I am forced to drink coffee that doesn't measure up, I add sugar or syrup or something to cover the flavor. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-07-2017, 04:14 PM
(28-07-2017 09:00 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 07:57 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  For beer, I am not terribly picky other than I would simply drink water before I'd drink Bud, Coors, Michelob, Nasty Lite, and the like.

The major difference between water and Coors is that water is cheaper.

Big Grin

Yeah, yeah people say that.

I like big malty brews: doppelbocks, Scotch ales; barley wine.

But when I get done mowing a 1/3 acre of lawn with a push-mower on a 90º(F) day, an EKU 28 is not my beer of choice. An ice cold Bud or Coors (or two) is what I need. Yes

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
28-07-2017, 04:25 PM
(28-07-2017 02:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Definitely a coffee snob. I drink it strong and black, so shitty coffee isn't an option. Whole beans from Black Rifle Coffee which I hand grind, and never more than 2 or 3 days worth at a time. And I don't taint it with cream or sugar.

Unless I'm forced, for whatever reason, to resort to crappy coffee. On those rare occasions, I may opt to turn it into a cup of caffeinated syrup in order to get it down.

I'll just sit here and wait for someone to lose their mind over the brand name of your coffee. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-07-2017, 07:09 PM
(28-07-2017 04:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

I'll just sit here and wait for someone to lose their mind over the brand name of your coffee. Drinking Beverage

I could hurry the process by sharing some of their ads Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-07-2017, 09:59 PM
[Image: b68d63b18d2754ba60afc1184c93ddc9.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 6 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
28-07-2017, 10:05 PM
(26-07-2017 09:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 08:58 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm only a snob about music. I don't like music that has lyrics. I only listen to instrumental music.

Big Grin

Does "Several Species of Small Furry Animals gathered Together in a Cave Grooving With A Pict" qualify as instrumental? I mean, there are no words....well..none that are understandable... Wow, I haven't thought about that song in years.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
28-07-2017, 10:21 PM
(28-07-2017 10:05 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 09:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Big Grin

Does "Several Species of Small Furry Animals gathered Together in a Cave Grooving With A Pict" qualify as instrumental? I mean, there are no words....well..none that are understandable... Wow, I haven't thought about that song in years.

<edit -- wasn't the song I was thinking of>
29-07-2017, 04:09 AM
I own an aluminium mouse pad.

[Image: corsair-vengeance-mm600-dual-sided-gamin...oo85@7.jpg]

I am a PC Gamer snob.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-07-2017, 01:17 PM
(28-07-2017 04:14 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 09:00 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The major difference between water and Coors is that water is cheaper.

Big Grin

Yeah, yeah people say that.

But when I get done mowing a 1/3 acre of lawn with a push-mower on a 90º(F) day, an EKU 28 is not my beer of choice. An ice cold Bud or Coors (or two) is what I need. Yes

Be that as it may, there are any number of "lawnmower beers" with more flavor than Coors and better flavor than Budweiser.
29-07-2017, 01:27 PM
(29-07-2017 01:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 04:14 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Yeah, yeah people say that.

Be that as it may, there are any number of "lawnmower beers" with more flavor than Coors and better flavor than Budweiser.

I can't even taste the difference between Coors and Budweiser and Pabst et al. They all taste the same to me.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man