Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
(29-07-2017 08:51 PM)Vera Wrote:  Only, one of them is demonstrably good chocolate and the other is inferior, waxy crap Angel

(And no, am not being a Europhile - chocolate in Bariloche, Patagonia, was beyond awesome. Hershey just does not merit the name chocolate)

Hershey tastes and acts like wax. Lots of good, small chocolatiers around now though.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2017, 08:59 PM
I should hope so, Dom. The one I tried in Patagonia is small, local stuff, but boy, was it tasty. And I'm not a chocolate person. That stringy thing? Surprisingly awesome!

[Image: img_1615.jpg]

[Image: 4701831726_b0793f6b4c.jpg]

[Image: 3e5353a87100a822c3f9c4d208f5319b--handma...colate.jpg]

And then there were the alfajors...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
29-07-2017, 09:03 PM
is it polite to lick the screen?

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
29-07-2017, 09:09 PM
(29-07-2017 09:03 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  is it polite to lick the screen?

Haha, well it's your screen Tongue

Seriously, was a really awesome place. And they had great passion fruit smoothies/juice (and I LOVE passion fruit which it is impossible to find in Bulgaria). And that's before we get started on the nice, spicy spices (I brought some home. I also brought home same alfajores *and* some local, artisanal beer. My dad and my sister, the beer drinkers in the family, said is was very good)

So far here, in Brazil, am quite enjoying the funnily called Romeo and Juliet (kinda, sorta guava jelly and cheese).

[Image: romeu%20e%20julieta.jpg?1318954859]

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
30-07-2017, 04:57 AM
(29-07-2017 01:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Pens and pencils...and other office supplies.

I buy my own. Kind of strange but I hate a pen that doesn't write smoothly and I use mechanical pencils. I have my special ruler, post-its, and other odds and ends. Not using some generic crap or stuff that was used by someone else before me.

I buy my own gel roller 0.7mm pens, because fuck the cheap knock-off BIC wannabes work buys.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-07-2017, 05:01 AM
(29-07-2017 02:04 PM)Vera Wrote:  Also, men with motorbikes. Yeah, yeah. Spare me. Two of the most wonderful people I've met love motorcycles, including my elderly Portuguese teacher, so I know that #notallmenonbikes, but I know enough of my cousin's friends to stand by my opinion.

I'm a rider myself, and I'm the one that butted heads with onlinebiker over his pro-not-wearing-a-fuckin'-helmet stance. Because the concept that it significantly increases the risk not only to you, but also to everyone else around you, is lost upon him.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-07-2017, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2017 12:04 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
I'd have to think twice before consuming something called Romeo and Juliet. After all they both died. And her death was from poison.

I'm just sayin.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
30-07-2017, 12:04 PM
(30-07-2017 12:01 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I'd have to think twice before consuming something called Rome and Juliet. After all they both died. And her death was from poison.

I'm just sayin.

Yeah, but, what's in a name? Angel

[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
30-07-2017, 12:08 PM
(30-07-2017 12:04 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-07-2017 12:01 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I'd have to think twice before consuming something called Rome and Juliet. After all they both died. And her death was from poison.

I'm just sayin.

Yeah, but, what's in a name? Angel

[Image: touche_face_by_heilungkiang-d4hfqo4.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
31-07-2017, 02:25 PM
(29-07-2017 01:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Be that as it may, there are any number of "lawnmower beers" with more flavor than Coors and better flavor than Budweiser.
De gustibus non est disputandum.

"American Light Lager" is a legitimate beer style, and AB and Coors produce good, consistent examples of same.

And anything with actual flavor is going to be severely hampered by being chilled to 35ºF Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."