Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 04:39 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
(26-07-2017 04:34 PM)Vera Wrote:  Szuchow - nothing snobbish about listening to Handel. We are but human. And we've got ears. Nothing more needed.

That's why I wrote I suppose.... Snobbery I think is in eye of the beholder.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Damn straight. I'm the elitest of the elite. The original alluwaffe.

Nah, the only thing I'm a snob about is my preferred brand of pickles. Clausen® kosher dolls.

EDIT: Dills, even.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
26-07-2017, 04:51 PM
(26-07-2017 04:35 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I've been a homebrewer and craft beer aficionado since back when it was just known as "microbrew", but if someone offers me a free Bud I'm not going to turn it down or complain. And if that's someone's beer of preference, I'm not going to dis them for it. I may try to get them to try something different, but I wouldn't shame them into it or insist.

I guess I would do that, too. But at home, I'm as snobbish as can be. I won't even drink beer from the bottle or can -- it's got to be poured into one of my special flared-at-the-top beer glasses. When I'm somewhere else, though, I'll take whatever they're serving/offering.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
26-07-2017, 04:53 PM
(26-07-2017 04:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 04:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  Most of us are snobs about one thing or another.

I am a coffee snob. Starbucks is not good enough for me. At home I make Latte with 2% milk and freshly roasted and ground extra dark espresso beans.

I am also a tomato snob. Nothing but heirlooms makes me happy, and some of them fail too. Those thick skinned, hard fleshed, unripe, but colored tomatoes in the stores taste like cardboard to me.

How snobbish are you?

I try not to be a snob, but I must admit I'm a craft beer snob. The top shelf of my refrigerator is filled with about a dozen different types of beer, and there's not a national name brand in the lot. Every one of them is a locally-brewed craft beer. I turn my nose up at popular brands like Miller, Budweiser, and Coors -- and the "lite" versions of those are even worse.

So, yeah, I'm a beer snob.

That was my snobbery when I was a drinker. I don't think I've ever felt snobbish about anything else that way, though. Well, at one times, electric guitars -- I was a Gibson snob for a while. Not any more.
26-07-2017, 04:53 PM
I don't think so. Food is food, drink is drink. My library slash video-brary has a lot of everything in it.

I'm easy to please, so I'll say no. Tongue
26-07-2017, 04:56 PM
(26-07-2017 04:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Snobbery I think is in eye of the beholder.

Not necessarily - you should meet my cousin and get him talking about alcohol Rolleyes

There is a funny quote by an important (to us, obviously ;-)) Bulgarian book where the main character is kinda the quintessence of what I "lovingly" call the "Balkan type", where he tells someone, mocking him for his more sophisticated taste in music: "Yeah, 'cause you grandmother used to listen to opera all the time". I paraphrase this with my cousin, substituting "listen" and "opera" with "drink" and "insert name of ridiculously over-priced booze".

Also, my most-hated authoresses of them all is always throwing brand names at her (vapid, horny, pathetic) readers, like the men only drink Lagavulin and wear Manolo Blahnik, while the women (who are basically receptacles for the glorious appendages of the big strong manly vampires) only wear Louboutin (which is how I even learnt who this bozo was. Was not impressed)

Hmm, where was I again, might have started foaming slightly at the mouth at the thought of that vile excuse for a woman [Image: default_rant.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarder├▓."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
26-07-2017, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2017 05:48 PM by Fireball.)
TV snob here. But I consider most everything on the tube a waste of my time, not that I'm better than anyone else for not watching it. I'm not picky about coffee, either. And I'll drink a free beer, but my preference is Sam Adams Boston Lager; the Cherry Wheat is good in the summer. I did buy some Blue Moon today; it's a little too warm for a Sam's (94┬║ Fahrenheit in the shade, atm. I'll crack one open after the sun passes the yardarm, which is 5 PM local.

I lied- it's 4:45. Pffft. Also, there are some beer brands that I wouldn't drink, even if they were free. PBR, Oly, that kind of stuff.
26-07-2017, 04:58 PM
(26-07-2017 04:56 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 04:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Snobbery I think is in eye of the beholder.

Not necessarily - you should meet my cousin and get him talking about alcohol Rolleyes

There is a funny quote by an important (to us, obviously ;-)) Bulgarian book where the main character is kinda the quintessence of what I "lovingly" call the "Balkan type", where he tells someone, mocking him for his more sophisticated taste in music: "Yeah, 'cause you grandmother used to listen to opera all the time". I paraphrase this with my cousin, substituting "listen" and "opera" with "drink" and "insert name of ridiculously over-priced booze".

Also, my most-hated authoresses of them all is always throwing brand names at her (vapid, horny, pathetic) readers, like the men only drink Lagavulin and wear Manolo Blahnik, while the women (who are basically receptacles for the glorious appendages of the big strong manly vampires) only wear Louboutin (which is how I even learnt who this bozo was. Was not impressed)

Hmm, where was I again, might have started foaming slightly at the mouth at the thought of that vile excuse for a woman [Image: default_rant.gif]

Mmm ... Lagavulin ... I guess I'm a Scotch whisky snob, too.

Tongue
26-07-2017, 05:04 PM
I think I'm probably as far from a snob as you can possibly be. I'm pretty easy going all around. Honestly, I could survive off yoga, Starbucks, and guacamole. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-07-2017, 05:06 PM
> I'm too shy and introverted to be a snob of any kind. Blush