Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 05:06 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
Yes.
I am an aesthetics snob.

I recognize and judge bad design/bad typography.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2017, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2017 05:19 PM by Anjele.)
I've no tolerance for adults who act like they are in middle school and try to drag other people into their drama and down to their level.

And stupid...I have little tolerance for stupid. That's not to say I think I am smarter than others (too many of the people here can keep a person humble). I can even forgive ignorance especially for people who haven't had the opportunity to know better. It's simply being/acting stupid that bothers me...it includes those described in the first sentence.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
26-07-2017, 05:13 PM
(26-07-2017 04:46 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Damn straight. I'm the elitest of the elite. The original alluwaffe.

Nah, the only thing I'm a snob about is my preferred brand of pickles. Clausen® kosher dolls.

EDIT: Dills, even.

I think you got that half right. It should be Clausen's all right but I prefer the Bread & Butter Sandwich Slices in most applications. On a hamburger I'd be quite content to go with the dill. On a hot dog or on tacos, I want the sweet pickle relish. (I know, I know. The pickles on tacos is weird but try it.)

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
26-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Total music snob.

Oh, your song was written in 4/4? That shit is lame, git gud. 4/4 is only acceptable when it's played over or under 7/8 or of the like.

It's okay if *I* write something in 4/4. 'Cause I know 4/4. I know the best 4/4. I have a great relationship with 4/4. Nobody knows 4/4 better than me, believe me.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 7 users Like ELK12695's post
26-07-2017, 05:18 PM
(26-07-2017 04:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:  TV snob here. But I consider most everything on the tube a waste of my time, not that I'm better than anyone else for not watching it. I'm not picky about coffee, either. And I'll drink a free beer, but my preference is Sam Adams Boston Lager; the Cherry Wheat is good in the summer. I did buy some Blue Moon today; it's a little too warm for a Sam's (94º Fahrenheit in the shade, atm. I'll crack one open after the sun passes the yardarm, which is 5 PM local.

I'm with you on the coffee. Give me the house coffee black every time. My wife is currently ordering a cortado (sp?). I think I prefer not having a preference where possible, it isn't what I want to focus on.

26-07-2017, 05:20 PM
I am certain a snob about the following:

Coffee
Bourbon
Single Malt Scotch
Food
Art
Opera

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
26-07-2017, 05:21 PM
I am a gourmand with no inclination or proclivity for gourmet. Smile

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Haven't had any coffee in more than three weeks' time (decided I couldn't bother buying some for a stay of two weeks here and two weeks there; will be buying some next week though). And I drink instant. In the middle of freaking Brazil, yes.

[Image: camb.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
26-07-2017, 05:25 PM
(26-07-2017 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am a gourmand with no inclination or proclivity for gourmet. Smile

The anti-snobbery snob. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like whateverist's post
26-07-2017, 05:28 PM
(26-07-2017 04:35 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Snobbery is about attitude.

That's not how this thread is meant. That's why I gave examples of turning my nose up at starbucks and tomatoes, not the people who prefer them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post