Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 05:29 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
I don't think I'm a beer snob but I feel like a beer snob. I'll be at the convenience store and the guy in front of me has a twelve pack of Busch and the guy behind me will have a six of Milwaukee's Best and somebody will have a couple Natty Light singles or whatever and I'm standing there with my precious six pack of Coors it's so fucking embarrassing. I just want to disappear into the floor and I have this uncomfortable feeling everybody's rolling their eyes at me and they just want to yank my underwear up around my head.

No seriously, I'll drink any cold beer but I prefer Blue Moons or Red Stripes (Red Stripes are really good) and I do feel a bit snooty buying them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2017, 05:32 PM
(26-07-2017 05:29 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I don't think I'm a beer snob but I feel like a beer snob. I'll be at the convenience store and the guy in front of me has a twelve pack of Busch and the guy behind me will have a six of Milwaukee's Best and somebody will have a couple Natty Light singles or whatever and I'm standing there with my precious six pack of Coors it's so fucking embarrassing. I just want to disappear into the floor and I have this uncomfortable feeling everybody's rolling their eyes at me and they just want to yank my underwear up around my head.

No seriously, I'll drink any cold beer but I prefer Blue Moons or Red Stripes (Red Stripes are really good) and I do feel a bit snooty buying them.

My dad referred to Milwaukee's Best as Milwaukee's Beast. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
26-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Oh, oh, I just have to (good 'un, Girly, btw! [Image: chocala.gif])

[Image: everyday-foodie-menu1.jpg]

[Image: another-everyday-foodie-menu2.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
26-07-2017, 05:35 PM
(26-07-2017 05:25 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am a gourmand with no inclination or proclivity for gourmet. Smile

The anti-snobbery snob. Big Grin

Ha! Yes, precisely. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-07-2017, 05:55 PM
(26-07-2017 04:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  Most of us are snobs about one thing or another.

How snobbish are you?

It depends on how you define "snob."

The definition that makes sense to me is: "someone who takes his/her personal tastes to be objective."

I doubt many people who kiddingly call themselves snobs really are, by that definition at least. They just have strong personal preferences.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
26-07-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm snobophobic.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-07-2017, 06:05 PM
(26-07-2017 05:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My dad referred to Milwaukee's Best as Milwaukee's Beast. Big Grin

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I think at some point that may have been part of their advertising. Which is interesting because did the company think of it first and try to meme it out or did people like your dad just start calling it that for fun and then the company took it and ran with it.

EDIT: For 8/10 of my life I have gone with the cheaper beers, but now I turn my nose up at such beers and drink my Red Stripes with my pinky finger fully erect.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
26-07-2017, 06:08 PM
(26-07-2017 06:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm snobophobic.

How elitist of you. Wink
[+] 5 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
26-07-2017, 06:08 PM
(26-07-2017 06:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm snobophobic.

Says the gay white surfer dude from SoCal from an ungodly rich liberal Catholic family who sent him to Harvard for divinity training where he came back, not unexpectedly, as a complete full-blown atheist. (Physics at USC too, I think. Maybe not. Berkeley, maybe?) There's nothing worse than gay privileged snobs pretending to be snobophobic. I will hunt you down and force you to felch earmuffs in front of your entire family. ... at your birthday party. ... including your aunts and grammas.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-07-2017, 06:14 PM
(26-07-2017 06:05 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 05:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My dad referred to Milwaukee's Best as Milwaukee's Beast. Big Grin

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I think at some point that may have been part of their advertising. Which is interesting because did the company think of it first and try to meme it out or did people like your dad just start calling it that for fun and then the company took it and ran with it.

EDIT: For 8/10 of my life I have gone with the cheaper beers, but now I turn my nose up at such beers and drink my Red Stripes with my pinky finger fully erect.

I think you're right. Something like this only "unleash the beast" was somewhere in there.