Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
I'm a just plain snob at heart. I like o spend money (I don't have much, so that doesn't happen too much). I like the Chevy Silverado, some of which run $50,000-ish. I'd love to own one, along with a very well manicured airpark home with a HondaJet or a Cessna Mustang in the hangar.

I also like wine more than beer. Sauvignon Blanc. I have yet to learn about food pairings, though. Particularly pizza.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2017, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2017 07:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-07-2017 07:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 07:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Cannabis. I think I can do cannabis snob. Like all aspects of it, taste, aroma, color, texture, aftertaste, effect, aftereffect, CBD content, THC content, which I guess is what it means to be a snob. Smile

aficionado Yes Not me, I don't use it.

Aficionado, yes, that's it. Like a cigar or wine aficianado, not a sommelier. My kids on the other hand, they're sommeliers. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2017, 08:48 PM
I think it's okay to be a "snob." Sometimes I'll be drinking my Red Stripe and I'll see people looking at me funny and I know what they're thinking: I drink Bud or Bud Light or whatever and Mr. Awesome there is drinking his fancy beer with his fancy straw because he's too good for us. And it's hard but you just have to say "Hey I do my own thing. I'm not you, you don't like it that's your problem." Who is anyone to judge me, right? I'm like, hey, sorry you can't afford Red Stripe, bro. You're not my judge. What's that? I'm not wearing any clothes? Oh, please, look, I said I'm sorry, I'm really sorry you're stuck there with your Miller Light. That's not my problem, that doesn't make me a snob, you judgemental prick. You think just because you're wearing a police uniform and you have a fancy car with fancy flashing lights you can judge me? What's that? You want me to keep my hands where you can see them? Well I'm sorry but this "snob" is going to keep his hand wrapped around his Red Stripe, okay, let me guess, 7:30 am isn't exactly when "everyone else" downs five bottles of Red Stripe, OH WAIT, I mean whatever it is you people drink. Probably Milwaukee's Best. You don't...have one to spare do you?

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
26-07-2017, 08:54 PM
(26-07-2017 08:48 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I think it's okay to be a "snob." Sometimes I'll be drinking my Red Stripe and I'll see people looking at me funny and I know what they're thinking: I drink Bud or Bud Light or whatever and Mr. Awesome there is drinking his fancy beer with his fancy straw because he's too good for us.

They are just Budweiser snobs is all. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-07-2017, 08:58 PM
I'm only a snob about music. I don't like music that has lyrics. I only listen to instrumental music.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
26-07-2017, 09:29 PM
(26-07-2017 08:58 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm only a snob about music. I don't like music that has lyrics. I only listen to instrumental music.

These dudes look like the brothers from the TV show Supernatural. ... wait, are these the brothers from Supernatural?

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2017, 09:30 PM
I'm snobbish about furniture. I stopped buying furniture you have to assemble yourself about 15 years ago. No more Allen wrenches or frantic searches for missing washers! No more getting halfway through the instructions and realizing that part B is backwards and/or upside down! No more particle board!

I'm also snobbish about scores. Would always rather have an urtext version than someone else's edit.

Probably a little snobbish about hotels. I always look for something nicer than a Best Western, Holiday Inn, or Motel 6. I want to be able to order a glass of wine from Room Service at two a.m. if the fancy strikes.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
26-07-2017, 09:38 PM
(26-07-2017 08:58 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm only a snob about music. I don't like music that has lyrics. I only listen to instrumental music.

Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2017, 10:46 PM
I have allergies.... my nose is always runny. So yes.

(wait that's not what that means? o.0)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
26-07-2017, 10:48 PM
(26-07-2017 08:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 08:48 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I think it's okay to be a "snob." Sometimes I'll be drinking my Red Stripe and I'll see people looking at me funny and I know what they're thinking: I drink Bud or Bud Light or whatever and Mr. Awesome there is drinking his fancy beer with his fancy straw because he's too good for us.

They are just Budweiser snobs is all. Tongue

Somehow the idea of people being snobbish about beer.... is so... plebeian.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like JesseB's post