Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 11:46 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
(26-07-2017 05:13 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Total music snob.

Oh, your song was written in 4/4? That shit is lame, git gud. 4/4 is only acceptable when it's played over or under 7/8 or of the like.

It's okay if *I* write something in 4/4. 'Cause I know 4/4. I know the best 4/4. I have a great relationship with 4/4. Nobody knows 4/4 better than me, believe me.

lol, I've written in four, five, six, and nine.

Oddly enough, my best songs are in four, though I desperately want to like the ones in five and nine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2017, 12:14 AM
No snobbery 'ere miss. Last I looked a tomato in the eye I had to cut the blue fungus off before scoffing it. Reminds me I've got some old tomatoes in the fridge Hobo

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-07-2017, 12:21 AM
(26-07-2017 09:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 08:58 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm only a snob about music. I don't like music that has lyrics. I only listen to instrumental music.

These dudes look like the brothers from the TV show Supernatural. ... wait, are these the brothers from Supernatural?

[Image: castiel-cute-dean-winchester-funny-Favim...404001.jpg]
Tongue

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
27-07-2017, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2017 01:00 AM by JesseB.)
On second thought I might be a snob about naming conventions....

Anyone who's a sysadmin or network admin or programmer or RPG kinda nerd knows exactly what I mean I bet lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
27-07-2017, 01:00 AM
Tools.

If at all possible, they should be American made.

Because they really are, consistently the best.

Although - Israeli, English and Japanese are often excellent quality, just not as frequently seen for sale in the US.

The worst are Pakistani and Indian.... A scary thought when you consider they also make nuclear weapons.... Gasp

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-07-2017, 01:02 AM
(27-07-2017 01:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Tools.

If at all possible, they should be American made.

Because they really are, consistently the best.

Although - Israeli, English and Japanese are often excellent quality, just not as frequently seen for sale in the US.

The worst are Pakistani and Indian.... A scary thought when you consider they also make nuclear weapons.... Gasp

I don't know if this is still true.... but....

Craftsman. Why? Well if it's not shiny and new anymore just run over it with your truck, walk in and tell them you dropped it, and get a shiny new one for free....... lol

Edit^ I definitely didn't do this to my tape measure a few dozen times before..... (cough)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
27-07-2017, 02:16 AM
Nope, I'll take what I can get haha.

I grew up on "knock off" items/food, so I don't have much to complain about or be snobbish over Laugh out load

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
27-07-2017, 02:26 AM
(26-07-2017 11:46 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 05:13 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Total music snob.

Oh, your song was written in 4/4? That shit is lame, git gud. 4/4 is only acceptable when it's played over or under 7/8 or of the like.

It's okay if *I* write something in 4/4. 'Cause I know 4/4. I know the best 4/4. I have a great relationship with 4/4. Nobody knows 4/4 better than me, believe me.

lol, I've written in four, five, six, and nine.

Oddly enough, my best songs are in four, though I desperately want to like the ones in five and nine.

Wrote a section in 7/8 that later goes over to 4/4 over 7/8. Now the trouble is to get the band understand how to play along to a polyrhythm, even if it's as basic as it gets.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
27-07-2017, 02:30 AM
I am a guitar string snob. The strings I want on my guitars are usually not available so I, the guitar string snob, have to order them. Savarez bronze. They sound amazing.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
27-07-2017, 04:12 AM
Almost the same, I'm a snob regarding guitar picks, I only use Jim Dunlop standard 0.88 mm. I'm also very difficult regarding guitar strings, but mostly because my guitar is downtuned and I need specific strings, so I don't know if I can consider myself a snob on that too !