Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
(05-09-2016 07:24 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am a fruit snob.

The amount of jokes that spring to mind are innumerable.

I shall shut up. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
05-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Snob as in
Quote:a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and looks down on those regarded as socially inferior.
Nope

Snob as in
Quote:a person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people

sine nobilitate (latin: without nobility) >> well I am certainly not feeling noble in anyway Big Grin

Snob as defined by urban dictionary
Quote:Anyone who thinks they are better than someone else based upon superficial factors.
Not even that

But it might come across snobbish sometimes when I talk music to people because I am very particular there. Especially when it comes to instruments (buying them correctly, caring for them correctly, etc).

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
05-09-2016, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 05:52 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
In some areas, sure.

When it comes to music, I'm a jazz snob -- if I don't like it on the first listen I'll give it another shot or two, but if I have to choose between listening to hair-metal and having a Coca-Cola enema, I'll flip a coin and hope for the best.

When I was drinking, I was a beer snob -- microbrew-only, if I was broke I'd swallow some swill but hate myself for it.

Outside that, I'm pretty open to the shallow tastes of the hoi-polloi.

(05-09-2016 09:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Hooooo boy, did I used to be a snob! But now I actively try not to be a snob... why just the other night I ate at an Olive Garden. Yes

Dear lord, how déclassé!
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Recently, I have begun eating at restaurants and "eating establishments" I would previously never have considered setting foot inside. Tonight my family has drawn a line in the sand. The Waffle House has been deemed too far below my standards to even bother with. It's not that I will be disappointed, they insist. It's how epically I will be disappointed.

.... but I want a waffle. Sadcryface
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
05-09-2016, 06:58 PM
(05-09-2016 06:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Recently, I have begun eating at restaurants and "eating establishments" I would previously never have considered setting foot inside. Tonight my family has drawn a line in the sand. The Waffle House has been deemed too far below my standards to even bother with. It's not that I will be disappointed, they insist. It's how epically I will be disappointed.

YOLO! Try it! Go without the family- sneak out and score yourself a waffle! FWIW, I've never eaten at a Waffle House, either.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-09-2016, 07:01 PM
(05-09-2016 06:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 06:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Recently, I have begun eating at restaurants and "eating establishments" I would previously never have considered setting foot inside. Tonight my family has drawn a line in the sand. The Waffle House has been deemed too far below my standards to even bother with. It's not that I will be disappointed, they insist. It's how epically I will be disappointed.

YOLO! Try it! Go without the family- sneak out and score yourself a waffle! FWIW, I've never eaten at a Waffle House, either.

I'm told IHOP is not going to be any better.
05-09-2016, 07:05 PM
(05-09-2016 07:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 06:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  YOLO! Try it! Go without the family- sneak out and score yourself a waffle! FWIW, I've never eaten at a Waffle House, either.

Doggone if I remember what I ate the last time I was in an IHOP. Gotta be a couple of decades, at least.
05-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Waffle House is usually better for people watching than it is for the food.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
05-09-2016, 07:19 PM
(05-09-2016 07:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Waffle House is usually better for people watching than it is for the food.

Lots of places fall in that category! Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-09-2016, 07:28 PM
(05-09-2016 07:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 06:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  YOLO! Try it! Go without the family- sneak out and score yourself a waffle! FWIW, I've never eaten at a Waffle House, either.

Try Denny's.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.