Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Are you a snob?
(05-09-2016 11:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 07:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm told IHOP is not going to be any better.

Not that you'll be impressed, but the pork chops are better at WH -- fried hotter, they're more caramelized. IHOP, they're juicier but less flavorful.

/redneck opinion

Thanks, but I'll still be sticking with the waffles. I'm un-Ameruican weird like that. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
05-09-2016, 11:32 PM
(05-09-2016 06:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Recently, I have begun eating at restaurants and "eating establishments" I would previously never have considered setting foot inside. Tonight my family has drawn a line in the sand. The Waffle House has been deemed too far below my standards to even bother with. It's not that I will be disappointed, they insist. It's how epically I will be disappointed.

.... but I want a waffle. Sadcryface

As an addendum to this, I've informed Aliza that thinking Waffle House is good because you like waffles is akin to thinking Taco Bell is good because you like tacos.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
05-09-2016, 11:37 PM
(05-09-2016 11:32 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 06:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Recently, I have begun eating at restaurants and "eating establishments" I would previously never have considered setting foot inside. Tonight my family has drawn a line in the sand. The Waffle House has been deemed too far below my standards to even bother with. It's not that I will be disappointed, they insist. It's how epically I will be disappointed.

.... but I want a waffle. Sadcryface

As an addendum to this, I've informed Aliza that thinking Waffle House is good because you like waffles is akin to thinking Taco Bell is good because you like tacos.

See? I need a seasoned American diner (such as yourself) to guide me though this new world so I don't accidentally end up stumbling into an Olive Garden with the impression they prepare authentic Italian cuisine.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
05-09-2016, 11:43 PM
(05-09-2016 11:31 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 11:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Not that you'll be impressed, but the pork chops are better at WH -- fried hotter, they're more caramelized. IHOP, they're juicier but less flavorful.

/redneck opinion

Thanks, but I'll still be sticking with the waffles. I'm un-Ameruican weird like that. Big Grin

Yeah, I kinda reckoned that, hence the disclaimer, ma'am.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-09-2016, 12:15 AM
(05-09-2016 10:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 12:02 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I guess I'm a snob about 4 things.

First...

Second...

Three...

Four, grammar, syntax, and spelling in posts and emails. I have no problem with the occasional typo, or intentionally using words or formats in a non-standard way to elicit a response- call it poetic license- but just being sloppy or lazy or uneducated drives me nuts, as does overuse of "shortcuts", all of those words needlessly shortened or modified for convenience or coolness. Ugh.

Fifth ... I'm a snob about inconsistency.

Drinking Beverage

Six ... and irony.

Smile

LOL I am too, but that's what happens when people insist on INTERRUPTING you while you're trying to post things.

Is that irony? Alanis Morisette ruined irony for me forever.
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
06-09-2016, 02:10 AM
(06-09-2016 12:15 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  Is that irony? Alanis Morisette ruined irony for me forever.

She fixed it in the update. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-09-2016, 03:29 AM
I despise bad spelling. I occasionally perpetrate the same. Then I hate myself. The only exception I'll allow is people who're dyslexic, but the past few years on the internet I've seen... terrible things... Sadcryface

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-09-2016, 04:35 AM
(06-09-2016 03:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  I despise bad spelling. I occasionally perpetrate the same. Then I hate myself. The only exception I'll allow is people who're dyslexic, but the past few years on the internet I've seen... terrible things... Sadcryface

Sadddalheb!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-09-2016, 05:14 AM
I felt like a bit of a snob earlier. I was telling my aunt a cute story about how my daughter was making funny noises while staring at nothing. She responded with an offhand comment of "Maybe she saw a ghost!" She didn't appreciate my "Jesus christ..." and facepalming. I've been irritated ever since then. Trying to cope with the idea that a grown adult, someone who's related to me no less, believes that ghosts are a legitimate excuse for a baby doing baby things. Ugh...
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
06-09-2016, 05:47 AM
(06-09-2016 05:14 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I felt like a bit of a snob earlier. I was telling my aunt a cute story about how my daughter was making funny noises while staring at nothing. She responded with an offhand comment of "Maybe she saw a ghost!" She didn't appreciate my "Jesus christ..." and facepalming. I've been irritated ever since then. Trying to cope with the idea that a grown adult, someone who's related to me no less, believes that ghosts are a legitimate excuse for a baby doing baby things. Ugh...

Never give a sucker an even break.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post