Are you a snob?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: Are you a snob?
I am an actual coffee snob. Americans. Butt out.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-09-2016, 08:38 AM
I'm a snob when it comes to horror movies. Actually, movies in general but especially the horror genre. So tired of all this jump scare trash featuring the stereotypical creepy child. Wow... you startled me in a theater by blasting sound at the highest level and throwing a pale face up on the screen. I get the same reaction when my wife sneaks up on me when im on the computer. Whatever happened to that sense of building dread that actually makes me creeped out? Or even some good ole campy horror evil dead style. Bleh.
06-09-2016, 08:38 AM
(06-09-2016 07:31 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 07:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  Real ones spelled correctly. Drinking Beverage

Around here, most orchard stores make apple cider doughnuts. Scrumptious. Drooling

[Image: donuts.jpg]

I don't think I have access to those. I tried the grocery store variery, but they were gross. People say Krispy Kreme is good, but the one I tried from the grocery store was so bad that I just don't feel too motivated to find a good one through trial and error.

I remember when I was first introduced to Krispy Kreme. UGH! Just UGH! When I lived in SC you would have thought that Krispy Kreme donuts were simply the best things on earth. They were nearly a requirement at any business meeting. When I have eaten one I could feel the oil coating the inside of my mouth. Rainbow Vomit

When we moved to TX we were surprised that there is a mom and pop donut place on pretty much every other block. Some of those have really good donuts. Much better than Krispy Kreme even on their worst day.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2016, 08:57 AM
(06-09-2016 05:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 05:14 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I felt like a bit of a snob earlier. I was telling my aunt a cute story about how my daughter was making funny noises while staring at nothing. She responded with an offhand comment of "Maybe she saw a ghost!" She didn't appreciate my "Jesus christ..." and facepalming. I've been irritated ever since then. Trying to cope with the idea that a grown adult, someone who's related to me no less, believes that ghosts are a legitimate excuse for a baby doing baby things. Ugh...

Never give a sucker an even break.

Oh Banjo, my brain immediately heard W C Fields say that line.Tongue

[Image: WC_Fields_nevergive.jpg]

Speaking of which, Fields really did hate children. I guess you could call him a child snob.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-09-2016, 09:04 AM
(06-09-2016 08:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 07:31 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't think I have access to those. I tried the grocery store variery, but they were gross. People say Krispy Kreme is good, but the one I tried from the grocery store was so bad that I just don't feel too motivated to find a good one through trial and error.

I remember when I was first introduced to Krispy Kreme. UGH! Just UGH! When I lived in SC you would have thought that Krispy Kreme donuts were simply the best things on earth. They were nearly a requirement at any business meeting. When I have eaten one I could feel the oil coating the inside of my mouth. Rainbow Vomit

When we moved to TX we were surprised that there is a mom and pop donut place on pretty much every other block. Some of those have really good donuts. Much better than Krispy Kreme even on their worst day.

My husband is from South Carolina and when he took be back to meet his family for the first time (we met when I was living in California) all he could talk about, besides Myrtle Beach and Shag dancing, was Krispy Kreme donuts. So we went to the original Krispy Kreme donut place and I had a donut. It was ok but I honestly couldn't tell the difference between that and Dunkin Donuts or the donuts one buys at the supermarket bakery section. It was much ado about nothing. I'm not a super taster like some people are though. I think my taste buds are lacking.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-09-2016, 09:06 AM
To certain people I'm a beer snob. But I don't take it anywhere NEAR as far as some of my friends. If I arrive at a function of some kind and the best they have is Sam Adams - I will happily drink it even though I would generally choose something a few notches up the ladder. I drink a Budweiser once a year on the 4th of July and never enjoy it, lol.
06-09-2016, 09:21 AM
(06-09-2016 08:57 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 05:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Never give a sucker an even break.

Oh Banjo, my brain immediately heard W C Fields say that line.Tongue

[Image: WC_Fields_nevergive.jpg]

Speaking of which, Fields really did hate children. I guess you could call him a child snob.
Remember W C F's "Bung hole method" for raising children.
"Up to the age of 10 keep them in a barrel and feed them though the bung hole. On their 10th birthday drive in the bung."

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
06-09-2016, 09:25 AM
(06-09-2016 07:31 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 07:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  Real ones spelled correctly. Drinking Beverage

Around here, most orchard stores make apple cider doughnuts. Scrumptious. Drooling

[Image: donuts.jpg]

I don't think I have access to those. I tried the grocery store variery, but they were gross. People say Krispy Kreme is good, but the one I tried from the grocery store was so bad that I just don't feel too motivated to find a good one through trial and error.

Do you live in an apple-growing region?

Otherwise, some bakeries make their own doughnuts - some good, some not.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2016, 09:42 AM
(06-09-2016 09:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 07:31 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't think I have access to those. I tried the grocery store variery, but they were gross. People say Krispy Kreme is good, but the one I tried from the grocery store was so bad that I just don't feel too motivated to find a good one through trial and error.

Do you live in an apple-growing region?

Otherwise, some bakeries make their own doughnuts - some good, some not.

No, I don't live in an apple growing region. I'm in orange country. Oh well. I can wait for donuts. My first experience didn't exactly light a fire under my ass to try more any time soon.
06-09-2016, 10:10 AM
(06-09-2016 08:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

I think Krispy Kreme has changed their formula over the years. I'm still mad that they discontinued their "tart donut" which back in the 70s was a glazed donut with chocolate frosting, a tower of cream, and a cherry. One of my relatively few positive memories about my family growing up is going home from evening service on Sundays, and if we kids had behaved, we would stop by the Krispy Kreme, get tarts for everybody, and then go home and eat them in my parents' bedroom, while watching Masterpiece Theater or the Sunday Mystery Movie.

Krispy Kreme came to Massachusetts a while back with a great splash but were run out by Dunkin' Donuts with no difficulty at all. KK donuts tasted too different (worse than I remembered) and if you went to KK, all that was on offer was donuts, while at Dunkin you can also get bagels and breakfast sandwiches.

Out of curiosity I recently tried some "artisanal" donuts from a bakery featured on Food Network that charges $4-5 for a single donut. The donuts tasted fine, but not better than Dunkins.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post