Are you afraid of losing your atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 01:18 PM
RE: Are you afraid of losing your atheism?
(23-08-2012 11:49 AM)EJArciniega Wrote:  No.
Never.
Not a chance.

Even as a kid it seemed idiotic to believe in the BS they spit.

Welcome to the forum. Thumbsup

I prolly said it a million times, but the problem is not god but rather speakers for god. My problem is that dang Gwynnies. Heart I used to draw her alla time, but I wanted to give her something back. I wanted to "leave a legacy" in art of appreciation of Gwyneth and the love I felt for her - of course it's absurd - but I stumbled into naive philosophy to express much the same desire.

The philosophy of "Gwyneth Paltrow as god" has led to the conclusion that "love is void," finding congruence with much theology and moral philosophy. So there's nothing to lose. An atheist doesn't worship the Tao, an atheist personalizes the Tao. There ain't nothing else to be, but an atheist. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-08-2012, 03:50 PM
(23-08-2012 01:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. Thumbsup

Thanks! I've been a podcast sub for a while, idk why I never hopped on the forum. I'm looking forward to meeting new people! Big Grin

Atheist.
23-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I can't imagine losing my atheism.

As a young child, I used to really wish there was some kind of woo woo out there to make things more interesting, like in horror movies or something. Not that life isn't interesting, but I thought it would be cool if ghosts existed, for example. But I just couldn't bring myself to believe in them.

I actually tried to believe in the supernatural as a kid, and it didn't work, there was just not any evidence that was believable for me. I sort of feel sorry for some of my relatives because they seem very delusional, but I can't say I feel any real "danger" of becoming a believer anytime soon.
24-08-2012, 12:59 PM
As reasonable individuals, we should not be afraid of losing our Atheism. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in God. If we are truly reasonable, we will happily abandon our atheistic sentiments the moment valid evidence in support of God is presented (if that were ever to occur).

Our only concern should be what is supported by evidence, and ultimately, what is true. If that mindset leads us to Theism at some point in the future, then so be it. We shouldn't hold-fast to our Atheism in the same emotional way that the religious hold-fast to their beliefs. That is unreasonable. We should let our reason, our logic, and consistent evidence (or lack thereof) guide us through our lives.

Having said that, I do not fear losing my Atheism. Not only for the reasons I've just described, but also because (as I'm sure we can all agree) the existence of God is incredibly unlikely.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
24-08-2012, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2012 06:58 PM by Bucky Ball.)
If you could see the mess my room is in, anything could get lost in there.Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-08-2012, 11:48 PM
(20-08-2012 02:31 AM)Godless Wrote:  I am willing to lose anything and everything of the way I view the world if it brings me closer to the truth.

I feel my choice of no religion is heavily supported by reality. If you feel "afraid" of losing your Atheism I would ask what evidence you base your beliefs on. Odds are it may be flimsy.

Very good comment. I base my beliefs on evidence. My mind is open to be changed if there is proper evidence to make me a believer. That being said, I doubt that I will ever get such evidence. Such evidence would take a face to face undeniable chat with the creator, and that won't happen. Then I would have to decide if he/she/it is worth worship or if I would rather choose hell than sacrifice my ethics and morals.
31-08-2012, 01:38 AM
The quike answer to that question is NO.
And the long answer to the question is.........NO!!!!
Never ever!
I became sick, when i come near a church, like a allergic reaction.
Some times if i could not switch my radiochannel fast enough, and some priest started blubbering and had these tone of voice, i feel like puking allover the place.
But that a good thing, because feeling this way, meens i am save and sound, and my atheitsm is getting stronger every day.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
02-09-2012, 10:34 PM
(31-08-2012 01:38 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  The quike answer to that question is NO.
And the long answer to the question is.........NO!!!!
Never ever!
I became sick, when i come near a church, like a allergic reaction.
Some times if i could not switch my radiochannel fast enough, and some priest started blubbering and had these tone of voice, i feel like puking allover the place.
But that a good thing, because feeling this way, meens i am save and sound, and my atheitsm is getting stronger every day.

Sounds more to me like a deep fear of religion. I go to church a lot and never have that kind of reaction. I enjoy poking holes in sermons though. That is a lot of fun.
03-09-2012, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 05:59 AM by Marco Krieger.)
(02-09-2012 10:34 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Sounds more to me like a deep fear of religion. I go to church a lot and never have that kind of reaction. I enjoy poking holes in sermons though. That is a lot of fun.

Fear ?
I don't think so.
I like cats, you know.
I had have 2 nice cats 20 years ago, but after my 26 birthday, overnight, i had become allergic to the protins of there sweat and spittle.
Today i cannot breath and my eyes are burning if i come in once home and he/she owns a cat.
But i still like cats!
They are the most elegant creatures in the whole world.
They are having strong personalitys and they are so independent, sometimes it seems to me they are own there humans, not reverse.
What i try to say is, i don't fear the religion nor the church, i am having the strongest allergic reaction to there stupidity and i hate them for being so prout of it.
So, likewise to the cats, i have to take my medicin, befor i come in contact with some of these guys.
I read the bible, for example.
I read the newspapers.
I watch TV and media like the internet.
And i don't want to find out the next thing about religion that lets my blood cooking,
it find's me.
So much is true, i have to be carfully, because sometimes these things hurt me so much, i can't get any sleep at night.
My wife told me to calm down, but i have this strong feeling in me, if i don't say what i think about it, nobody say's anything.
I am a simple person, i have no degree, i am a worker for most of my life.
Why can i be an atheist and a resonable person and some more educated people are arguing for there beliefe in religion and against gay's and womens rights, evolution and stuff like that.
I just can't get it.
I am unable to follow there thought, because they are irrational.
Maybe i am a bit overreacting sometimes, but i have some italian blood in my vein's, you know.

I gave your respose a second thought...
Yes, i have to confess, i have a deeply fear to religion.
I not gonna go to delet the text above, to show you, that i realy give it a second shot.
The reason why i am fear religion is not something that's in the Books, like hell or so.
Its what these books are made with people.
I am not willing to made a new list of the cruel things that people do to people because they have different beliefes.
I only have to scroll down the thread-list to see the "wonders" done by religion.
And it makes me shaking my head constantly, moaning: Its not possible... it must be a misstake... whats the matter... and so forth.
I don't know were you come from, but here in germany, you don't have to look any further then the next museum or castle, and you can see maschines they where once build to torture witches and people how not beliefers or beliefe different things.
That scares the shit out of me.
If you read the wrong book, it will turns you into a monster with a smile in its face.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.