Are you afraid of love?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Are you afraid of love?
Is anyone afraid of love and commitment? I broke up with my recent bf because he seemed interested in marriage. We weren't together all that long but I was falling in love. And it frightened me.

I date a lot...not afraid of that. But when things look to be progressing towards love...I sabotage the relationship somehow. Some way.

Wondering if you do feel this way or have in the past and how did you overcome it? Do we need love? Consider

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: Are you afraid of love?
Yes, I amConfused

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-09-2014, 11:38 AM
By the time I was 23 I was burnt and warn out from dead end relationships for all I really ever wanted was serious commitments but the people I was with were less than honest about there intentions.

About the time I quit seeing anyone I felt at peace being single and not having to worry with the bullshit that comes with relationships, but then I met my wife. I reluctantly got with her with the mutual understanding that I was to move far away three months from the date we got together, and we would have no more than a fun fling.

By the time the third month rolled around she decided she wanted a commitment and proposed to me with icing on a cake and an engagement ring. I decided not to move, lol. 9 months later we were married and I'm happy to say I've never had to worry about dating people with commitment issues ever since. That was 9 years ago, but I hate the number 9 so I'm gonna call it 10.

Oh yeah, no I'm not afraid of commitment.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 3 users Like Elskidor's post
02-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Afraid of commitment? No. I've never been afraid of the commitment part.
However love can be a scary thing. I took me a LONG time after my divorce to fully trust love again. It took the right person at the right time to show me how awesome love is when you find it right.

Dont let fear stop you from missing out on something good. Better to regret a decision then wonder what if.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
02-09-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm afraid of finding "the one" and falling in love... Because I feel like I'd never be able to give the love of my life everything they deserve; mostly because I'm an underachieving loser, but also because of my dark side that must never surface.
02-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Didn't you start a thread about this like 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Anyways, I've always treated the word love different from everybody else I know. I've been with my girlfriend for 3.5 years (minus a 1.5 month break up) and I've never told her I love her (she said she loved me after 3 or 4 months). To me, love = I can't imagine life without you. I've been in love twice before...got cheat on by one, and had to deal with losing the life of another. I don't regret my past, but it probably is affecting me still. I'm not afraid of love...I just don't want to lie. I want to be in love, but I feel like even the meaning/feeling of love might be changing for me as I grow older, if that makes sense.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Nope.
Not anymore.

Figuring out who you are and what love IS to you is paramount.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
02-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Nope, I got the 180 problem, afraid of getting to know people.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-09-2014, 01:24 PM
(02-09-2014 01:06 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Didn't you start a thread about this like 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Anyways, I've always treated the word love different from everybody else I know. I've been with my girlfriend for 3.5 years (minus a 1.5 month break up) and I've never told her I love her (she said she loved me after 3 or 4 months). To me, love = I can't imagine life without you. I've been in love twice before...got cheat on by one, and had to deal with losing the life of another. I don't regret my past, but it probably is affecting me still. I'm not afraid of love...I just don't want to lie. I want to be in love, but I feel like even the meaning/feeling of love might be changing for me as I grow older, if that makes sense.

No, I started a thread asking what a deal breaker is for people in dating situations etc...

You were cheated on, and I just can't help but feel that if getting hurt is a potential possibility...why not just date and not get too close?

Thanks for your input.

02-09-2014, 01:26 PM
(02-09-2014 01:17 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Nope, I got the 180 problem, afraid of getting to know people.

Really? Aw. Sad
I have days like this.