Are you afraid of love?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 12:11 PM
RE: Are you afraid of love?
(06-09-2014 11:11 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 11:06 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  You probably learned a lot about yourself. Always a good thing.
Smile

You enjoy being a bachelor now?

You know, to be honest, I kind of do. By the time my second marriage was over, it sort of felt like we were room mates. I think that's probably a good thing, instead of it ending in bitterness, resentment and hate towards each other.

I am incredibly passionate about my hobbies and have since been pursuing them heavily. I hope to have my most recent car restoration on the road by summer, or the summer after. I've been flying a lot, working harder at work for a promotion... and sometimes I dance around in my underwear like on risky business while cooking eggs and bacon and no one can tell me that I can't, so life is pretty OK for now. Laugh out load

At the same time, a companion would be great. Someone to enjoy the journey with, nothing super serious, just company. But I don't see it as necessary or a staple.

I hope your date goes well! Sounds like it should be fun!

You get a "like" for dancing around in your underwear. Big Grin
I do that ....sometimes. Angel

I'm glad you're happy. You need to share more about your car hobby. That sounds cool. :-)

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 12:11 PM
(06-09-2014 12:11 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 11:11 AM)Logisch Wrote:  You know, to be honest, I kind of do. By the time my second marriage was over, it sort of felt like we were room mates. I think that's probably a good thing, instead of it ending in bitterness, resentment and hate towards each other.

I am incredibly passionate about my hobbies and have since been pursuing them heavily. I hope to have my most recent car restoration on the road by summer, or the summer after. I've been flying a lot, working harder at work for a promotion... and sometimes I dance around in my underwear like on risky business while cooking eggs and bacon and no one can tell me that I can't, so life is pretty OK for now. Laugh out load

At the same time, a companion would be great. Someone to enjoy the journey with, nothing super serious, just company. But I don't see it as necessary or a staple.

I hope your date goes well! Sounds like it should be fun!

You get a "like" for dancing around in your underwear. Big Grin

I'm glad you're happy. You need to share more about your car hobby. That sounds cool. :-)

He has multiple awesome hobbies!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-09-2014, 12:14 PM
(06-09-2014 12:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:11 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  You get a "like" for dancing around in your underwear. Big Grin

He has multiple awesome hobbies!

Ohhh?
He must share. Big Grin

06-09-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm careful not to share too much publicly. But since others have mentioned my hobbies and some of my stuff on here publicly, it isn't a huge secret much anymore. The car restoration is a Lamborghini Jalpa. I started restoring Porsche cars roughly 6-7 years ago and it's sort of just blown up from there. I've wanted one of them since I was a little kid, now I got my wish.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
06-09-2014, 12:30 PM
(06-09-2014 12:26 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I'm careful not to share too much publicly. But since others have mentioned my hobbies and some of my stuff on here publicly, it isn't a huge secret much anymore. The car restoration is a Lamborghini Jalpa. I started restoring Porsche cars roughly 6-7 years ago and it's sort of just blown up from there.

ohhhh....this is not at all what I thought. I love exotic/sports cars Thumbsup

Do you sell them? Or drive them yourself?

I love Maserati...

If only...Weeping

06-09-2014, 12:33 PM
(06-09-2014 12:30 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:26 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I'm careful not to share too much publicly. But since others have mentioned my hobbies and some of my stuff on here publicly, it isn't a huge secret much anymore. The car restoration is a Lamborghini Jalpa. I started restoring Porsche cars roughly 6-7 years ago and it's sort of just blown up from there.

ohhhh....this is not at all what I thought. I love exotic/sports cars Thumbsup

I love Maserati...

If only...Weeping

I restore them, drive them till I get bored, and then sell them and go work on something else for a while. I've owned everything from 924s to 914s, 911s and 944s. However, always had a thing for everything that is italian. Restored a Ducati some time ago, and now she'll have an italian sister in the garage Smile

It's an odd duck though, requires a lot of specialty tools and has taken a lot of time. Engine will go into the machine shop soon for a mild rebuild. I'm quite excited.

I enjoy obscure cars. There were only 412 Jalpas ever made.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
06-09-2014, 12:40 PM
(06-09-2014 12:33 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:30 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ohhhh....this is not at all what I thought. I love exotic/sports cars Thumbsup

I love Maserati...

If only...Weeping

I restore them, drive them till I get bored, and then sell them and go work on something else for a while. I've owned everything from 924s to 914s, 911s and 944s. However, always had a thing for everything that is italian. Restored a Ducati some time ago, and now she'll have an italian sister in the garage Smile

It's an odd duck though, requires a lot of specialty tools and has taken a lot of time. Engine will go into the machine shop soon for a mild rebuild. I'm quite excited.

I enjoy obscure cars. There were only 412 Jalpas ever made.

I was gonna ask if it's an expensive hobby. It sounds like it is your calling though...that's great.

I enjoy running, that's my main hobby. Dabble in photography...nature and things. I've tried taking pics of people, but nature is so much more cooperative. Big Grin

I never new that about Jalpas. Do you like Bugattis? They are so unique, to me.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-09-2014, 12:42 PM

06-09-2014, 12:43 PM
(05-09-2014 11:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  If they do, I fire them.
Laugh out load problem solved

Quote:Not really, I need criticism. That's why I'm on TTA for example: to challenge any preconceptions I still have left.
that's a good way to view things...some are afraid of criticism.

Quote:Some christians I know struggle to come to terms with my living arrangements (my muslim friends and colleagues are less uptight) but once I explained that that was their problem not mine, they started to think (not always approve but at least they started to actually think).

When I was following Christianity, I remember thinking much differently about life...but always felt that it's up to people to be who they wish. I don't think I was ever cut out to be a brainwashed Christian.

TY for sharing your perspective. Smile

06-09-2014, 12:44 PM
sorry for the blank post #98...I don't know why that happens. Weeping