Are you afraid of love?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Are you afraid of love?
(06-09-2014 12:40 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:33 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I restore them, drive them till I get bored, and then sell them and go work on something else for a while. I've owned everything from 924s to 914s, 911s and 944s. However, always had a thing for everything that is italian. Restored a Ducati some time ago, and now she'll have an italian sister in the garage Smile

It's an odd duck though, requires a lot of specialty tools and has taken a lot of time. Engine will go into the machine shop soon for a mild rebuild. I'm quite excited.

I enjoy obscure cars. There were only 412 Jalpas ever made.

I was gonna ask if it's an expensive hobby. It sounds like it is your calling though...that's great.

I enjoy running, that's my main hobby. Dabble in photography...nature and things. I've tried taking pics of people, but nature is so much more cooperative. Big Grin

I never new that about Jalpas. Do you like Bugattis? They are so unique, to me.

I LOVE Bugattis! Unfortunately they are incredibly expensive.

I dig running too and I also love photography, although I do astrophotography which is a bit different. I enjoy it either way Smile

So you do nature shots and what not? That sounds quite relaxing and nice Smile

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 12:53 PM
(06-09-2014 12:49 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:40 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I was gonna ask if it's an expensive hobby. It sounds like it is your calling though...that's great.

I enjoy running, that's my main hobby. Dabble in photography...nature and things. I've tried taking pics of people, but nature is so much more cooperative. Big Grin

I never new that about Jalpas. Do you like Bugattis? They are so unique, to me.

I LOVE Bugattis! Unfortunately they are incredibly expensive.

I dig running too and I also love photography, although I do astrophotography which is a bit different. I enjoy it either way Smile

Yes, Bugattis are expensive...but so bad ass Big Grin

Astrophotography? Consider

Yes, nature shots. I love clouds...they are always changing, like we are. Smile
Lots of cool wildlife to capture here too, except gators. I don't take their pics. Laugh out load

I will post them maybe tomorrow on here, I've posted pics of me before, but not my nature shots. Gasp

Big Grin

You should post some too of yours.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-09-2014, 01:01 PM
(06-09-2014 12:53 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:49 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I LOVE Bugattis! Unfortunately they are incredibly expensive.

Yes, Bugattis are expensive...but so bad ass Big Grin

Lots of cool wildlife to capture here too, except gators. I don't take their pics. Laugh out load

I will post them maybe tomorrow on here, I've posted pics of me before, but not my nature shots. Gasp

Big Grin

Yes, please post some, would love to see them! Smile

I have a thread I posted some time ago that I update as I get more photos processed.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...hotography

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
06-09-2014, 01:12 PM
One regret I can imagine having on my deathbed is never having loved enough.

I've been in love once before and am right now but they were different types of love. Sometimes, when I'm by myself, or watching my other half asleep beside of me, I imagine growing old and her dying before myself and this is the worst feeling I have ever possibly felt, it's worse than being cheated on. (I see how selfish that sounds though.)

This doesn't scare me away from love though... I find resolve as an atheist in the thought that this is cannot be prevented and so I should not let it falter my dedication to living a life full of love and especially of being in love.

I want to share a poem that seems fitting with the amount of people afraid to "fall in love" or "get to know somebody". Granted, the man is no professional, and it was written around the age of 17, but it fits.

Love Within a Storm,

We made love within a storm
in the midst of passion and chaos
somewhere, somehow our true bond
of friendship was lost

In the eye of the storm
the rain always falls harder
those who prevail this trauma
will learn to bring their love farther

But now the storm has passed
and the seas of our friendship are calm
but as long as I love I will remember
the love within the storm.

Tupac Shakur.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
06-09-2014, 01:18 PM
Hmmmm.....I am sensing a new TTA luv match. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2014, 01:37 PM
(06-09-2014 01:01 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:53 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Yes, Bugattis are expensive...but so bad ass Big Grin

Big Grin

Yes, please post some, would love to see them! Smile

I have a thread I posted some time ago that I update as I get more photos processed.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...hotography
for some reason, my laptop isn't letting me see the images. they are black boxes. I will have to check it out using my phone. sometimes, my laptop is weird with certain images. Rolleyes

can't wait to see them!
(06-09-2014 01:12 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  One regret I can imagine having on my deathbed is never having loved enough.

I've been in love once before and am right now but they were different types of love. Sometimes, when I'm by myself, or watching my other half asleep beside of me, I imagine growing old and her dying before myself and this is the worst feeling I have ever possibly felt, it's worse than being cheated on. (I see how selfish that sounds though.)

This doesn't scare me away from love though... I find resolve as an atheist in the thought that this is cannot be prevented and so I should not let it falter my dedication to living a life full of love and especially of being in love.

I want to share a poem that seems fitting with the amount of people afraid to "fall in love" or "get to know somebody". Granted, the man is no professional, and it was written around the age of 17, but it fits.

Love Within a Storm,

We made love within a storm
in the midst of passion and chaos
somewhere, somehow our true bond
of friendship was lost

In the eye of the storm
the rain always falls harder
those who prevail this trauma
will learn to bring their love farther

But now the storm has passed
and the seas of our friendship are calm
but as long as I love I will remember
the love within the storm.

Tupac Shakur.
your post really touched me....thank you! what a beautiful poem. tupac wrote that? wow.

and perhaps you are right, that to really embrace life, is to embrace it all...that includes love and loss of love. that's the totality of life. by guarding myself, I'm not fully 'living'...

again, thank you Hug
(06-09-2014 01:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hmmmm.....I am sensing a new TTA luv match. Tongue

hmmm...who? Laugh out load

06-09-2014, 02:27 PM
(06-09-2014 01:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hmmmm.....I am sensing a new TTA luv match. Tongue

Oh stop it you
[Image: Oh+stop+it+you....+FOLLOW+ME+ON+TUMBLR+h...599485.gif]

[+] 5 users Like Logisch's post
06-09-2014, 02:37 PM
(06-09-2014 12:33 PM)Logisch Wrote:  It's an odd duck though, requires a lot of specialty tools and has taken a lot of time. Engine will go into the machine shop soon for a mild rebuild. I'm quite excited.

So, Pep Boys isn't a lot of help? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-09-2014, 02:38 PM
(06-09-2014 02:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 12:33 PM)Logisch Wrote:  It's an odd duck though, requires a lot of specialty tools and has taken a lot of time. Engine will go into the machine shop soon for a mild rebuild. I'm quite excited.

So, Pep Boys isn't a lot of help? Consider

Mmmmmmmm no. Laugh out load

06-09-2014, 08:43 PM
funny thread is funny ^^ Laugh out load

my date was just meh. he's a really cool guy, a cutie...and I think there was chemistry? But, he talked a wee bit much about his ex gf. I didn't mind really, I just thought maybe he's not past that chapter of his life yet...so...yea. No biggie, though.

But, the Japanese Steakhouse kicked ass! Big Grin So it wasn't a total loss. lol